BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

15 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Only ever played one season in the Championship - highest level he’s played at - and he’s 32. Largely a league one man. Surely we should be aiming slightly higher for a number 1?

I don’t think it matters as much with Keepers. There’s lots of them in lower leagues who are much better than some in the PL. Mainly about opinions. Most Capable of making big saves. More about consistency and concentration for me. 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t think it matters as much with Keepers. There’s lots of them in lower leagues who are much better than some in the PL. Mainly about opinions. Most Capable of making big saves. More about consistency and concentration for me. 

Exactly Paul.

Experience is needed. He has lots of him. 

48 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Quiet on here this morning. Thought it would be buzzing after a big win like that followed by the news of an imminent signing...? 

Are you trying to insinuate Paul that we only post when everythings going  t1ts up and  just want to moan moan  moan  ???

1 minute ago, HowieFive0 said:

Are you trying to insinuate Paul that we only post when everythings going  t1ts up and  just want to moan moan  moan  ???

Haha no, was a genuine thought. I’d bet that Sunday mornings (after a game) are statistically as busy a time on this messageboard as any. Maybe everyone’s coming round after celebrating into the early hours!

I was hoping for some info on this potential signing tbf? 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Quiet on here this morning. Thought it would be buzzing after a big win like that followed by the news of an imminent signing...? 

I don't think one freak result changes much in the grand scheme of things. It's reassuring to see most of our fans are still sober and grounded.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Yep. I raise you Jim Arnold...Stafford Rangers, Rovers and then Everton with Kendall

• Like 3

I am on a high. God, I needed that. What a performance!

I have watched the goals again and again and I have loved reading the site.

Not unlike Leonard Cohen/Bob Dylan/Morrissey, perhaps some of us only write, when we're pissed off!

• Like 4

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

I am on a high. God, I needed that. What a performance!

I have watched the goals again and again and I have loved reading the site.

Not unlike Leonard Cohen/Bob Dylan/Morrissey, perhaps some of us only write, when we're pissed off!

Great performance agreed. Be good to see who the new potential signing is ??

14 minutes ago, Amo said:

I don't think one freak result changes much in the grand scheme of things. It's reassuring to see most of our fans are still sober and grounded.

Mate, this is the transfer thread. We announced a transfer was imminent Last night. There’s no ‘grand scheme of things’ with that.

I just thought thought this thread would be buzzing this morning ??

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

Mate, this is the transfer thread. We ‘announced’ a transfer was imminent Last night. There’s no ‘grand scheme of things’ with that.

I just thought thought this thread would be buzzing this morning ??

If it's a transfer thread, why bring up yesterday's result? That shouldn't have any bearing on us signing some nobody should it?

2 minutes ago, Amo said:

If it's a transfer thread, why bring up yesterday's result? That shouldn't have any bearing on us signing some nobody should it?

I literally came on this morning (a time where the site is historically busy) looking for transfer news based on the fact that the manager said one was imminent last night. There are a couple of posters who regularly pick up the names before they break in the media.

The performance of the team yesterday is relevant and would often spark debate about which position should be prioritised etc. So why not this morning? 

Site has been down for long periods - probably why.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Only ever played one season in the Championship - highest level he’s played at - and he’s 32. Largely a league one man. Surely we should be aiming slightly higher for a number 1?

I think as a number 2 who could challenge Walton he would represent a vast improvement on Leutwiler.