BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Quiet on here this morning. Thought it would be buzzing after a big win like that followed by the news of an imminent signing...? 

1-0 or 5-0 it's still only 3 points. It's only the next game which matters now.

Didn't he only say he thinks we have an agreement of a loan if we want it. i.e. an option on someone which is different than an imminent signing. Lets wait and see before buzzing.

3 minutes ago, RoversClitheroe said:

BRFCs was down for me the past 2 hours lol

Conspiracy theory no. 174

Those pesky site owners pulling the plug on the site when we finally win a do !

We ll have no celebrating here thank youuu…. Mowbray Out!

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Conspiracy theory no. 174

Those pesky site owners pulling the plug on the site when we finally win a do !

We ll have no celebrating here thank youuu…. Mowbray Out!

Exactly right, the vague conspiracy posts are bang on and we will allow no positivity here!

Not sure about this keeper, we definitely need one but his credentials don’t instantly shine but I can’t profess to know much of him 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

1-0 or 5-0 it's still only 3 points. It's only the next game which matters now.

Didn't he only say he thinks we have an agreement of a loan if we want it. i.e. an option on someone which is different than an imminent signing. Lets wait and see before buzzing.

Not quite true. Our goal difference has shown a marked improvement after that result. However you are right about the next game.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Only ever played one season in the Championship - highest level he’s played at - and he’s 32. Largely a league one man. Surely we should be aiming slightly higher for a number 1?

Agreed, but, sadly, it would seem we haven't a transfer pot to pi1ss in. 

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Screenshot_20200119-092232_Twitter.jpg

Very experience keeper. 

Not sure he knows much based on this!

When I look at that side yesterday, the main 3 players that first require improving are LB and the 2 wide roles. McLaughlin, video showreels aside (they made Brereton look competent!) has apparently been in poor form at Sunderland so not sure if he would even be an upgrade on Walton.

IMG_20200119_124951.jpg

IMG_20200119_124948.jpg

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Quiet on here this morning. Thought it would be buzzing after a big win like that followed by the news of an imminent signing...? 

The board is up and down and has been since yesterday - not sure how many have experienced problems, but check our twitter as that’s where we keep people in the loop. 

• Like 1

Great. What type of keeper is he? 

Tall, slim and agile. What I liked about him was in the game I was at was  his sense of danger. Sunderland we're bombarding the opposition and he hadn't had anything much to do. All of a sudden a ball was crossed in by the opposition and the Sunderland  centre half miss headed the ball completely. it was heading to drop in right under the cross bar.  He was already on his toes and he moved backwards really quickly and then flung himself backwards to claw the ball out from under bar. It was a really top class save and he'd been stood watching the game for 10 minutes. 

He looked very competent and calm, nicely unhurried in his approach to the game.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

To be fair, Mowbray again came out yesterday and said that we hardly have any money to play with so that does somewhat strangle the transfer thread. Difficult to speculate on a nameless signing with no information and I dont really think theres much in the way of ITK. The buzz is naturally in the thread of the game in which we got such a brilliant result.

Edited by roversfan99

If people don't know anything about Mcloughlin as a keeper,please do the rest of us a favour and resist the urge to say he will be A-a bad signing B- not an upgrade on Walton. Enough servings of humble pie were served up to those who wrote Downing off and ye surely must have seen him before he signed. So ya,if you don't know anything about a player, don't come on running him down! Just say you don't know, there is no shame in that. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If people don't know anything about Mcloughlin as a keeper,please do the rest of us a favour and resist the urge to say he will be A-a bad signing B- not an upgrade on Walton. Enough servings of humble pie were served up to those who wrote Downing off and ye surely must have seen him before he signed. So ya,if you don't know anything about a player, don't come on running him down! Just say you don't know, there is no shame in that. 

I questioned whether he would be an upgrade based on the fact that whilst I cant proclaim to have seen him on more than a handful of occasions when Sunderland are on TV, I do know that he has been dropped for part of this season at a League 1 club as I mentioned. Surely this potential worry can be flagged?

Im also incredibly skeptical about the prospect of him signing based on Nixons lack of insight as shown by the screenshots on the Mulgrew situation within 10 minutes.

Out of interest, is it ok based totally on conjecture and things like highlight reels to state the positives of what a player we know little about can bring? 

Signings and expectations can go either way, Downing had very limited impact on games at Boro towards the end and at his age there was always a red flag there. Hes come here and is enjoying an indian summer. Adarabioyo had a poor spell at West Brom, their fans didnt rate him at all and nearly everyone on here correctly pointed out that he was being played in the wrong position so there was always a question. Hes been a very good signing. Conversely, Johnsons signing was greeted solely with positivity. And hes been with occasion exceptions, a poor signing and has been unable to get a regular start for months. So it can go both ways.

But if we cannot make a judgement on potential signings, based on positives and negatives either ideally from what we have seen ourselves from a potential signing, or from other evidence, positive or negative, good stats, bad stats, being dropped, being a sides best player, playing out of position, having a side built around him, price, whatever it is, then we may aswell close this thread.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The new signing being muted is surely the lad Jones from Rangers. Anyone else would be pretty out of the blue. 

Thought it was the German lad?

• Backroom

So does anyone have much insight on:

Schmidt?

Jones?

I am generally a little ignorant about football outside of our league so would love to hear from someone who has seen them