BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

8 minutes ago, neophox said:

Would you give Amari an contract extension?

Been thinking about this. He’d have to play the way he’s played the last two, for the next 10 games. As well as convincing me that he wasn’t playing well just to get another contract.

Bell has all the tools to be a fantastic fullback. He has so far lacked the conviction and confidence to really kick on.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Just seen your convo on Twitter. Jeez, blocked for that? ?????‍♂️

Is it worse than Nixon? Saw him confirm the other day that he blocked a guy for liking a post that said that Nixon hates Wolves or something like that. Another user then called him sensitive, and got blocked for that...

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, neophox said:

I've been completely back and forth with this over the last 12 months. I genuinely thought there was development last year which went a bit under the radar given the team's drop in form.

Fast forward to this season and he looks just not up to it, and just when I think my mind has been made up he puts in a couple of performances which make him look useful.

I'm still in the thanks but no thanks camp, a couple of swallows a summer don't make and the sum total of his work since he walked through the door isn't where we need it to be for us to go up. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, rickard said:

Is it worse than Nixon? Saw him confirm the other day that he blocked a guy for liking a post that said that Nixon hates Wolves or something like that. Another user then called him sensitive, and got blocked for that...

Unbelievably, yes. ?

53 minutes ago, neophox said:

No

Iv'e had a bit of empathy with him for not really getting runs of games at times when he's done ok. Aside from the daft tactical (rotation) policy though it probably says it all how many others have been used there since he's been here.

There's no Nyambe here he's just getting down to the grind because his deals ticking down by the look of it.  

Edited by tomphil

1 minute ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Sorry mister pedantic

I have seen the main link being with Curtis and he is certainly an AM 

Tbf I think Curtis is linked as the attacking right midfielder (winger), whilst they’re looking at Rathbone at Rochdale as a CM. Especially with Corry Evans injures.

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, neophox said:

Yes. As one of his biggest critics, I can admit that in his last two games he's given me *some* hope. We've lost Sam Hart and for me we definitely need Bell. Even if Cunningham comes back or we sign another left-back, Bell has shown he can improve. Maybe not to Nyambe levels, but definitely to usable levels.

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Played left winger on Saturday for his club. Where he played all season apart from one according to transfermarkt.com

He isn’t a winger at all. And transfermarkt.com is about as good of a source as HP. 

He plays attacking midfield, albeit from the left in a 4231. Completely different to being a winger. Similar to Rothwell and Holtby when they’re pushed wider but certainly don’t play as wingers.

Personally think we should spend £3m on a left sided defensive player / centre back in truth. I'm certain we could afford one at that fee. That said this Curtis lad seems highly rated and I'd rather him be in a Rovers shirt if that's the case. Can't say I've seen much of him to warrant £3m to be honest and if we are going on stats you'd have to argue £2.5m for Maddison is a better deal........................

• Like 1