BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

The same Ben Marshall whose been through god knows how many clubs since he was here ?

The same Marshall whose now about to play in the 12th tier ?   

How many mates of his post on here his name comes up every window ?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Tbh I don’t know this lad but if the fee is 3, I’d still rather go for Curtis or Maddison , more likely to improve our sids imo just through knowing the leagues

He is a full international for a decent international team though, the lads haven't played outside league 1. League 1 to Championship is a big step up. 

• Like 2

Polish Media Take ....

Like most of Ekstraklasa's leading clubs, Lech Poznań also tries to earn several million euros for winter sales of one of its best players during the fight for the Polish championship.  The closest departure is Kamil Jóźwiak.

The activists would like to transfer the player to MLS because they got the most advantageous transfer offer from one of the American clubs.  However, the player does not want to go overseas.  That's why he chooses between Derby County and Blackburn, who play in the English Premier League.

Americans put money on the table, English bargain.  According to our information, if Jóźwiak goes to England for no more than 3 million euros.  As we have heard, this is an absolutely acceptable amount for Lech.  In Poznań, they remember that in the recent past the club had an offer for another of their ace Robert Gumny for EUR 5 million, but he wanted more, the transfer did not take place, and today due to the health problems of the side defender, it is difficult to talk about any of his transfers.

Jóźwiak and his managers approach the topic of club selection very carefully, because the next few months will decide whether the player will go to Euro 2020. The 22-year-old, who plays in the youth team, has already made his debut at Jerzy Brzęczek in the qualifying match against Slovenia and hopes to continue.  Staying in Lech, where he plays systematically (4 goals, 2 assists), would have an easier task.

From England, where the requirements are higher, a possible loss of storage space could be equal to closing the road for Euro.  The more so that the Championship games are considered one of the most intense in Europe.  Football probably Jóźwiak could do it easily, but the necessary motor skills there is not a great advantage of this player.  He is not the type of player who does not stop.  He will need time to acclimatize.

On the other hand, the club's determination in which the ticket office is empty will probably be of key importance here.  If the winger went to Derby (currently the 15th club in the table is the most likely direction), he would join his junior friend Krystian Bielik (he will not return after the injury next season) and ... Wayne Rooney.  A 120-time representative of England has just returned to his homeland from the USA and has already played three matches in Derby.

• Like 1

Derby also supposedly in for him and his best mate Bielik is already there as well as Rooney of course who may be a pull for him

Derby under ffp investigation though so not sure how they stand

Woops, too late! 

Edited by Tugayisgod

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He is a full international for a decent international team though, the lads haven't played outside league 1. League 1 to Championship is a big step up. 

Not doubting your knowledge or fact he looks good, just not sure he would fit into the mowbray way or championship. Plenty of good foreign players move to England and their talents don’t suit, we have had a few at Ewood. Just a personal choice but I’d be happier to see the league 1 lads step up that the unknown of a polish lad. Could be eating my words in a few months granted. Let’s hope so 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Tbh I don’t know this lad but if the fee is 3, I’d still rather go for Curtis or Maddison , more likely to improve our sids imo just through knowing the leagues

Nah, Jozwiak is different level to Maddison or Curtis. 

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not doubting your knowledge or fact he looks good, just not sure he would fit into the mowbray way or championship. Plenty of good foreign players move to England and their talents don’t suit, we have had a few at Ewood. Just a personal choice but I’d be happier to see the league 1 lads step up that the unknown of a polish lad. Could be eating my words in a few months granted. Let’s hope so 

Indeed,but I suppose that's the same with all transfers. Always an element of a gamble. When I look at some of the lads Norwich and Brentford have signed, I just can't help but feel it's worth the gamble at some point. The only thing is he probably won't play much til next season. 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Indeed,but I suppose that's the same with all transfers. Always an element of a gamble. When I look at some of the lads Norwich and Brentford have signed, I just can't help but feel it's worth the gamble at some point. The only thing is he probably won't play much til next season. 

Certainly not against broadening our transfer search and the foreign market. I really like Curtis though, think he will be a prem player

• Like 1