BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

13 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Have you seen much of him? Any good?

I’ve seen him play a few times in Poland. Surprised he can go for that price. VERY highly rated. Accepted he doesn’t know the league but potential through the roof.

31 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He is a full international for a decent international team though, the lads haven't played outside league 1. League 1 to Championship is a big step up. 

The Polish league is nothing to write home about either, outside of a few outfits. I don't know it well but would have thought that was a bit of a step up too? It certainly has a lot less money in it than the Championship. 

4 goals and 3 assists, with 3 goals in each of the last two seasons in that league, doesn't exactly have me wanking with joy. The translated Polish article seemed to have question marks over whether he can adapt to our game. I think it was trying to say he may lack stamina? And if he wants to move to make the Euro 2020 squad, six months of 'needing to learn how Sam Gallagher plays the wing' won't help.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’ve seen him play a few times in Poland. Surprised he can go for that price. VERY highly rated. Accepted he doesn’t know the league but potential through the roof.

An absolute steal.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Get Grosciki instead, out of contract in the summer.  Top player

Really? I wonder if a Prem team might take a sniff at that, pretty much every time I've seen him he looks top drawer. Think we kept him a bit quiet in one game though.

46 minutes ago, unleaded said:

However, the player does not want to go overseas.  That's why he chooses between Derby County and Blackburn, who play in the English Premier League

Someone’s going to be disappointed! :rolleyes:

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not doubting your knowledge or fact he looks good, just not sure he would fit into the mowbray way or championship. Plenty of good foreign players move to England and their talents don’t suit, we have had a few at Ewood. Just a personal choice but I’d be happier to see the league 1 lads step up that the unknown of a polish lad. Could be eating my words in a few months granted. Let’s hope so 

You could easily say the same on League One players. Ipswich tried it last season with Kayden Jackson, Jon Nolan and Nsiala. All in the 1-2 million range and all struggled to make mark. I wouldn't mind either of Curtis or the polish guy, but I accept both will be a bit of a gamble. The bigger question is if the club has the money?

14 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

The Polish league is nothing to write home about either, outside of a few outfits. I don't know it well but would have thought that was a bit of a step up too? It certainly has a lot less money in it than the Championship. 

4 goals and 3 assists, with 3 goals in each of the last two seasons in that league, doesn't exactly have me wanking with joy. The translated Polish article seemed to have question marks over whether he can adapt to our game. I think it was trying to say he may lack stamina? And if he wants to move to make the Euro 2020 squad, six months of 'needing to learn how Sam Gallagher plays the wing' won't help.

My point was that it's also a step up from League 1. Of course it's a step up from the Polish league. The standard is decent,but the clubs are generally broke. The poles are producing a lot of good players at the moment though

I'm glad to hear you're not getting too excited about stats as well. I take them with a pinch if salt if I haven't watched much of the player. Many factors can impact that including the quality of those he plays with ,tactics etc 

5 hours ago, Amo said:

No up and coming LBs in the under-23s, I take it?

Lewis Thompson is a great prospect. Main reason I'm completely fine with Sam Hart leaving permanently (potentially). He's made his youth international debut (and scored on it) and has been fairly impressive for the 23's.

Jack Evans, who also operates in central-midfield, is also very effective and has a lot of potential.

He's former Burnley, so it's a tough one, but Junior Stanislas can't get a game at Bournemouth, still only 30 - and could be a good 6-month loan option. He's made two sub appearances all season. Would be a struggle on wage for sure but just a thought. He's top quality for this division IMO.

23 minutes ago, briansol said:

You could easily say the same on League One players. Ipswich tried it last season with Kayden Jackson, Jon Nolan and Nsiala. All in the 1-2 million range and all struggled to make mark. I wouldn't mind either of Curtis or the polish guy, but I accept both will be a bit of a gamble. The bigger question is if the club has the money?

Don’t think it’s a completely different style though, just more quality in champ than league one. Polish football- champ isn’t as compatible in my opinion never mind a language barrier to overcome. Don’t imaging Tony being easy to understand to a foreign ear. 
if I was to exercise caution it would be in the summer Newcastle had a choice of joelinton or Danny ings, massive difference in price but they thought they were buying better due to foreign stats and reputation abroad. I know who they would prefer now. 

13 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Maybe read it again?

The article said he didn't want to go over seas to the usa,but will go to England

People laughed at this

I pointed out you dont have to go over seas to get to the uk from poland

Catch me up on what I have missed? 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel