BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

17 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Don’t think it’s a completely different style though, just more quality in champ than league one. Polish football- champ isn’t as compatible in my opinion never mind a language barrier to overcome. Don’t imaging Tony being easy to understand to a foreign ear. 
if I was to exercise caution it would be in the summer Newcastle had a choice of joelinton or Danny ings, massive difference in price but they thought they were buying better due to foreign stats and reputation abroad. I know who they would prefer now. 

Pretty much all poles under 30-35 speak fluent English 

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Members- can we stop trying to provoke responses out of each other please? You’re adults, so behave like it, instead of behaving like kids please.
Thanks.

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 7

5 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

I speak to a lot of poles with my work, I would disagree with fluent, broken seems to be the most atypical. Certainly would struggle with mowbrays tones and vocabulary 

Of course there is a mix. Depends on the work they are doing I suppose. If their family pushed them to learn English. 

I know , a footballer so we all think of the stereotypes :) I would say players are certainly more grounded in Poland. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, unleaded said:

The activists would like to transfer the player to MLS because they got the most advantageous transfer offer from one of the American clubs.  However, the player does not want to go overseas.  That's why he chooses between Derby County and Blackburn, who play in the English Premier League.

50 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The article said he didn't want to go over seas to the usa,but will go to England

People laughed at this

I pointed out you dont have to go over seas to get to the uk from poland

Catch me up on what I have missed? 

Could be wrong but I thought @Stuart was referring to that bit when he said he'd be disappointed 

Edited by davulsukur

3 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Tbh I don’t know this lad but if the fee is 3, I’d still rather go for Curtis or Maddison , more likely to improve our sids imo just through knowing the leagues

Exactly--if we can afford either of those we should get one of them. Bit ridiculous if Tony is going to make a winger the priority now.

Of course, if we hadn't wasted £7M on Brereton, we could have bought both.

I well remember being told not to worry about the fee--that was Venkys problem!

Well its biting us on the arse now!

• Like 5

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

He's former Burnley, so it's a tough one, but Junior Stanislas can't get a game at Bournemouth, still only 30 - and could be a good 6-month loan option. He's made two sub appearances all season. Would be a struggle on wage for sure but just a thought. He's top quality for this division IMO.

Always seems to be out injured .... so would fit in well!

3 hours ago, JoeH said:

He's former Burnley, so it's a tough one, but Junior Stanislas can't get a game at Bournemouth, still only 30 - and could be a good 6-month loan option. He's made two sub appearances all season. Would be a struggle on wage for sure but just a thought. He's top quality for this division IMO.

You said it former burnley which is an automatic NO

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, TBTF said:

Always seems to be out injured .... so would fit in well!

Always liked Stanislaus way back with his time at West Ham, (was it?) We are carrying injuries and have enough oldies as it is as it is so I think its too late with him now.

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

No way are we signing this Polish lad. 

A - He's European

B - We don't have 3 million quid

C - TM has  never really bothered with wingers that play in their natural position.

D - There's no way this lad tracks  back.

E - He's European

F - He has not played for Boro

• Like 7