BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

8 hours ago, 47er said:

Always liked Stanislaus way back with his time at West Ham, (was it?) We are carrying injuries and have enough oldies as it is as it is so I think its too late with him now.

He's only thirty....

16 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

Talk of that Polish lad is pie in the sky, never going to happen.

@Paul Mani When are these 8 figure bids coming in for Buckley? Could do with them ASAP to get a couple of players in and to help with FFP.

Careful what you wish for mate....there’s some BIG clubs sniffing round our young players now! The types who are happy to gamble £5-10m on potential anytime. 

Id prefer to let them play and kick on and then sell Dack on his return tbh. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Careful what you wish for mate....there’s some BIG clubs sniffing round our young players now! The types who are happy to gamble £5-10m on potential anytime. 

I'll be honest, I don't think I would be too concerned about losing Buckley for £10m.

• Like 6

42 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

After the injuries to potentially our most saleable players I wonder if Mowbray has been spooked into protecting Buckley as he hasn't been part of the squad recently.

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

Youd choose to sell a player who has consistently scored goal after goal since he joined and is our best player over a kid who may have potential like quite a few others in our ranks but all we know from his first team appearances is that he is miles away at this moment so it is very difficult to quantify that potential.

No chance that anyone signs Buckley for 5-10m but I would happily take my chances that it would bite us in the arse later on and take the money.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, arbitro said:

After the injuries to potentially our most saleable players I wonder if Mowbray has been spooked into protecting Buckley as he hasn't been part of the squad recently.

I’m not sure. There are some big clubs looking but ultimately he has been found out physically this season. Most young players who come through and break into first teams have great physical prowess because it helps massively. Those who are less developed tend to have to wait. The clubs in question won’t care that Buckley needs time to develop. They are interested in the ability he has to run games as he has done throughout his career. I just hope we have him (and some of the others - Nyambe, JRC, Butterworth etc) long enough to see them at their peak at Rovers.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Youd choose to sell a player who has consistently scored goal after goal since he joined and is our best player over a kid who may have potential like quite a few others in our ranks but all we know from his first team appearances is that he is miles away at this moment so it is very difficult to quantify that potential.

No chance that anyone signs Buckley for 5-10m but I would happily take my chances that it would bite us in the arse later on and take the money.

In 12 months, yeah I probably would mate. Dack will be another year on and trying to regain fitness and form. Whilst hopefully the likes of Buckley, JRC, Butterworth etc will be flying.

There isn’t any part of you that thinks you might never see the Bradley Dack of the last few years again, after that injury? If ever there was a player destined to put weight on and live the good life it’s him. Hope I’m wrong.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m not sure. There are some big clubs looking but ultimately he has been found out physically this season. Most young players who come through and break into first teams have great physical prowess because it helps massively. Those who are less developed tend to have to wait. The clubs in question won’t care that Buckley needs time to develop. They are interested in the ability he has to run games as he has done throughout his career. I just hope we have him (and some of the others - Nyambe, JRC, Butterworth etc) long enough to see them at their peak at Rovers.

I was just reading the pen picture of Mike England. Apparently the club sent him back to Wales as a youth because they thought he would never develop physically ! He ended up a 6' 3" and 13 stone colossus ! The Dingles sent Bryan Robson  home because they thought he wouldn't be big enough.

Just now, JoeH said:

Christ, if John Buckley can demand £10,000,000 then what can Joe Rankin-Costello demand in the summer? £20,000,000????

Don’t get caught up in the moment Joe...there’s no doubt that JRC is very good. But whether you believe me or not, Buckley is the chosen one. He’s the one they and the big clubs like the most. I said it in the summer when most fans hadn’t even heard of him and the actions of the club so far have corroborated.

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

In 12 months, yeah I probably would mate. Dack will be another year on and trying to regain fitness and form. Whilst hopefully the likes of Buckley, JRC, Butterworth etc will be flying.

There isn’t any part of you that thinks you might never see the Bradley Dack of the last few years again, after that injury? If ever there was a player destined to put weight on and live the good life it’s him. Hope I’m wrong.

There is always a risk but I am sure he will come back. I have seen nothing from Buckley (from limited appearances) to suggest hes going to take things by storm any time soon and I think your price tags are far fetched.

Its probably unlikely that all 3 will break through, simple probability dictates that, Butterworth has his own big injury concerns as well. We can only hope though. Buckley needs loaning out.

1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

I agree regarding Dack.  Only the really determined and dedicated return to exactly where they were after injuries like that.

1 minute ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I was just reading the pen picture of Mike England. Apparently the club sent him back to Wales as a youth because they thought he would never develop physically ! He ended up a 6' 3" and 13 stone colossus ! The Dingles sent Bryan Robson  home because they thought he wouldn't be big enough.

It’s something which went on for years. Squashed by the likes of Barca who realised that top players don’t need to be beasts physically.

Cant believe the Bryan Robson one though! ????

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Don’t get caught up in the moment Joe...there’s no doubt that JRC is very good. But whether you believe me or not, Buckley is the chosen one. He’s the one they and the big clubs like the most. I said it in the summer when most fans hadn’t even heard of him and the actions of the club so far have corroborated.

I watch the 23's regularly, and did last season. The only reason Rankin-Costello hasn't been looked at like that in the past  is purely because of his injury issues that have riddled him for a year and a half. He's twice the player Buckley is, to my untrained eye. Surprised the club(s) don't see it that way. Happy to lose Buckley for a big sum if we keep JRC.

Edited by JoeH

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

I watch the 23's regularly, and did last season. The only reason Rankin-Costello hasn't been looked at like that in the past  is purely because of his injury issues that have riddled him for a year and a half. He's twice the player Buckley is, to my untrained eye. Surprised the club(s) don't see it that way. Happy to lose Buckley for a big sum if we keep JRC.

I don’t watch them much tbh. That’s just what they think. Often is the case that fans have a different opinion to coaches / professionals. I guess they have a wider lense in which to judge rather than Just a match day.

But I accept your opinion. JRC is very highly regarded too. I wouldn’t want to lose either in Jan.

• Like 1

Buckley I am basing on his appearances at senior level where it matters where he is well off but also very young. My opinion of him, his value, his ability and his potential wont inflate over supposed whispers about what management think or dont think. Needs to play at a lower level.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t watch them much tbh. That’s just what they think. Often is the case that fans have a different opinion to coaches / professionals. I guess they have a wider lense in which to judge rather than Just a match day.

But I accept your opinion. JRC is very highly regarded too. I wouldn’t want to lose either in Jan.

How is that young lad getting on who went to Leicester? 

I just don't get why players move to Premier league clubs only to be practically guaranteed to not make the first team, instead of staying at Championship level where they have some chance. 

• Like 3

This Buckley talk is very similar to the Jason Lowe talk of years ago.  A hell of a long way to go yet and as we've seen with Brereton and countless others nobody is worth this stupid money talk until they prove something.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it is`nt looking to good for chapman if we do sign a wide player,barely used since he signed,not really sure why he was signed tbh

I'm guessing Harry doesn't have the work-rate or defensive discipline that Mowbray's looking for in a midfield player.

Fair enough, but Armstrong got plenty of chances out wide despite never pulling his weight.

3 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Buckley I am basing on his appearances at senior level where it matters where he is well off but also very young. My opinion of him, his value, his ability and his potential wont inflate over supposed whispers about what management think or dont think. Needs to play at a lower level.

Haha - of course his potential, ability, value won’t be inflated by whispers. It’s the opinions of professional people which does that. We will see ??

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How is that young lad getting on who went to Leicester? 

I just don't get why players move to Premier league clubs only to be practically guaranteed to not make the first team, instead of staying at Championship level where they have some chance. 

Not sure how he’s doing...

Usually money. It’s not uncommon for young lads in the PL to be paid £15k pw. That might be 10x what a John Buckley or JRC is getting at Rovers. Secures them financially....could you turn down a 10x raise? ??

• Like 1

Buckley was chased by Liverpool weren't he? I don't doubt the lads ability, despite him being shown up physically he's made some touches / passes in his time that have shown he has a football brain.

I don't think we are going up this year, sadly, and I'd love to end the season with the likes of Buckley, JRC, Nyambe, Lenihan in the team whilst Butterworth is back fit and pushing for that place too. We need to start using these academy kids given our financial situation.

I've heard good things about Mols too and I suspect he won't be far off a chance given the amount of chances being handed out at the moment. 

• Like 5