BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

15 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

Let’s be brutally honest not a single one of Rovers u23 squad ranks along the mediocrity that is and was Jason Lowe, that’s the honest fact!

Tell that to Paul Agnew. Remember his comments about the "emergence of Jason Lowe "being the only reason for Salgado losing his place!

• Like 2

Just now, Leonard Venkhater said:

Tell that to Paul Agnew. Remember his comments about the "emergence of Jason Lowe "being the only reason for Salgado losing his place!

That shyster got off way too easily.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, briansol said:

Can't be only because his dad, old Grayson is long gone. The Grayson I've seen in the U23 is a decent footballer. Has an exceptional left foot similar to Mulgrew. While I don't think he is Championship material, I'm pretty confident he'll have a decent career as a professional footballer as his loan spell at Grimsby suggest.

That said I also think Mols is a very decent all-action midfielder who probably deserves a chance. Has potential and is probably ready to play senior football now. Not sure why nobody's picked him up loan.

Buckley was the best player in the U23 by far and I think has the most potential for the future. I didn't think he would struggle as much physically as he have in senior football, but very confident he will become great. He is the rare breed of a playmaker who can pick a pass and go past people and what clubs will pay great money for. 

Not sure why Grayson and Mols are being compared if Mols is a CM. Grayson is a CB by trade....

Your opinion is pretty much as it’s seen. Asked about Mols. “Yeah, he’s decent. Has some potential and will play”

Me “He better than Bucko” cue laughing.. “Mate, noooooo...not on the same planet! Who said that?”

I didn’t answer and changed the subject.

There’s the opinion of someone who actually is in elite football ?

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

He got paid off with a nice wad as well the absolute shyster.

I really hope he's never set foot in Ewood since !

He was quick to shutdown any uncomfortable questions for his mate Kean.

Although, to be honest, he owed him everything. He was a glorified programme seller before the Venkymob era.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

All about the commissions for Sheron, Honeyman and Horner @HSH Sports 

We were upgrading the squad when he gave those daft like candy contracts out.

Same manager same agents. Much like how we ended up with the likes of Anthony Stokes and Owen Coyle same agents.

Interesting.

I can see the link with managers, but very few of the current players seem to be HSH. I can see at least 11 different agencies involved with the current team.

Are you thinking that the agencies are working together like  SEM and Salamanca Ferrer over the Rochina transfer?

12 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Careful what you wish for mate....there’s some BIG clubs sniffing round our young players now! The types who are happy to gamble £5-10m on potential anytime. 

Id prefer to let them play and kick on and then sell Dack on his return tbh. 

I would to prefer Dack if he wants to go when he returned from his injury and Rovers need to sell him to meet FFP requirements and keep our good young players like Rankin Costello, Buckley plus these centre backs coming through. We seem to have some very decent young players coming through who are centre backs. 

10 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

There is always a risk but I am sure he will come back. I have seen nothing from Buckley (from limited appearances) to suggest hes going to take things by storm any time soon and I think your price tags are far fetched.

Its probably unlikely that all 3 will break through, simple probability dictates that, Butterworth has his own big injury concerns as well. We can only hope though. Buckley needs loaning out.

I think Buckley will develop in a very good passing midfielder in the future. He has the talent and skills as you can see from his appearances for the club already. 

10 hours ago, JoeH said:

I watch the 23's regularly, and did last season. The only reason Rankin-Costello hasn't been looked at like that in the past  is purely because of his injury issues that have riddled him for a year and a half. He's twice the player Buckley is, to my untrained eye. Surprised the club(s) don't see it that way. Happy to lose Buckley for a big sum if we keep JRC.

I've watched the Under 23's a fair few times and Rankin Costello, Buckley, Travis and Butterworth always Stood out. 

10 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

21, powerful centre mid

Every time I've seen him he played right wing back and right wing. Never seen in Centre mid

Edited by chaddyrovers

16 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Not sure why Grayson and Mols are being compared if Mols is a CM. Grayson is a CB by trade....

Your opinion is pretty much as it’s seen. Asked about Mols. “Yeah, he’s decent. Has some potential and will play”

Me “He better than Bucko” cue laughing.. “Mate, noooooo...not on the same planet! Who said that?”

I didn’t answer and changed the subject.

There’s the opinion of someone who actually is in elite football ?

Nobody said that, so why lie and twist? I said Mols was always way ahead of grayson.  Grayson always played up front as a junior/youth player and Mols was an attacking midfielder.  No comparison in terms of quality. 

8 hours ago, neophox said:

Borevkovic has alot of potential, only 22 but a giant. Good in the air.

seem to be looking towards that market. Wonder if we have hired a scout from that region recently?

3 hours ago, Scotland1 said:

All about the commissions for Sheron, Honeyman and Horner @HSH Sports 

We were upgrading the squad when he gave those daft like candy contracts out.

Same manager same agents. Much like how we ended up with the likes of Anthony Stokes and Owen Coyle same agents.

How many times have we used this agency during our transfers in the last 18 months and haven't we used over 10 different player's agent agencies? 

• Backroom
1 minute ago, Paul Mani said:

Oh dear. ?

But you said you hadn’t seen anything of Mols? Seems a fair opinion to hold if someone has watched both 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Buckley was chased by Liverpool weren't he? I don't doubt the lads ability, despite him being shown up physically he's made some touches / passes in his time that have shown he has a football brain.

How far is he away from making the Liverpool team though? 

When I watched their under 23s play Villa, they had a bald guy midfield,can't remember his name,he wasn't great on the ball,but he was far,far more athletic than Buckley. He was the worst of the centre mids and none of them are getting into that Liverpool first team any time soon . It's a great compliment if they are after him, but it's difficult to see him get near their first team. 

21 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I would to prefer Dack if he wants to go when he returned from his injury and Rovers need to sell him to meet FFP requirements and keep our good young players like Rankin Costello, Buckley plus these centre backs coming through. We seem very good at brining through young players who are centre backs. 

I think Buckley will develop in a very good passing midfielder in the future. He has the talent and skills as you can see from his appearances for the club already. 

I've watched the Under 23's a fair few times and Rankin Costello, Buckley, Travis and Butterworth always Stood out. 

Every time I've seen him he played right wing back and right wing. Never seen in Centre mid

I havent seen his talent and skills on show for the first team if im honest. Nothing about him has made me think "we need to give him more chances immediately."

Which centre backs are close to breaking through?

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Thought you hadn’t seen Mols? 

I haven’t. It was in reference the conversation I noted above. Thought it was weird that he was so good when no one else really talks about him. 

Edited by Paul Mani

22 minutes ago, Tom said:

But you said you hadn’t seen anything of Mols? Seems a fair opinion to hold if someone has watched both 

As above. I haven’t seen Mols but I’ll take the opinion of a professional over those on here. ??

Edited by Paul Mani

14 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Which centre backs are close to breaking through?

I was talking over the 2 or 3 seasons when I mention young centre backs. 

Isaac Whitehall is doing a good job from what I've read. I couldn't make yesterday game due to illness to see the Academy cup game. 

I was impressed with Sam Barnes in the games I've seen this season. Its a shame I've not got to more sadly. 

Hayden Carter was good against Burnley game. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

As above. I haven’t seen Mols but I’ll take the opinion of a professional who works with them both over those on here. ??

Who is the opinion of? Without that detail, it seems a bit of a pointless addition to a conversation only to then mock people for having an opinion based on seeing them personally. If only professional opinions are worthwhile then you wont find them on here.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How far is he away from making the Liverpool team though? 

When I watched their under 23s play Villa, they had a bald guy midfield,can't remember his name,he wasn't great on the ball,but he was far,far more athletic than Buckley. He was the worst of the centre mids and none of them are getting into that Liverpool first team any time soon . It's a great compliment if they are after him, but it's difficult to see him get near their first team. 

Think most youngster would struggle to get into the worlds best team atm. Even Harry Wilson couldn't get a game. 

Liverpool U23 aren't that great, Rovers beat them on both occasions last season. Esp on Anfield they outplayed them. Magloire bullied Brewster, Buckley ran things in midfield and Butterworth tore them apart upfront. Jack Vale who I like a lot also had a great game upfront. 

Liverpool, Everton and United were all reported to sniff around Buckley before he signed the contract last year. You would expect the top clubs to keep an eye on U23 football. 

Callum Wright, who Leicester "stole" from us as 16 year old a couple of years ago is also on display at U23 level. Doesn't seem to have kicked on as much as expected.

• Like 3

• Backroom
22 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

As above. I haven’t seen Mols but I’ll take the opinion of a professional over those on here. ??

Me too!

Which is why I asked Bangali Fode Koita and he said Vale is the pick of the bunch 

• Like 8