BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

I think unless we are going to sign a player who walks into the team then don’t bother and wait until summer and see where we are. 

Already we know we are going to need new goalkeepers, new left back, new centre back and likely Graham replacement for next year, are squads big enough to try the youth we have on the fringes and see how they do. We’re gonna need all the money we got for next season.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Haha why won't it??

A number of League One players at Bury were on 8k a week. Championship players at Blackburn Rovers who didn't come through the youth ranks won't be on less. I think people are very naive in terms of what players get, even at our level.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 1864roverite said:

A quality player can play across the park! Rovers have some solid young players coming through and it is good to see.

That's where we are going wrong. Jack of all trades, master of none. We need experts, not makeweights.

3 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Nah. Definitely more.

Ridiculous amounts of money either way - especially when the manager barely uses them.

A reserve player I knew from around 7-8 years back who never made a first team appearance was on 2.5k back then, and £60 appearance fee in reserve games which he said even the first teamers got if they dropped down for a game.

6 hours ago, barry_ said:

Richie Smallwood is a model professional. 

He did give his all (and still does, i'm sure) and the contract that he has is hardly his fault. 

Rovers supporters love to hate on their own players and Smallwood seems to be, unfairly, disliked now. 

There's a nasty, negative attitude supporting the team but, i guess, that's modern times for you. 

The King is, still, very much alive! 

You reminded me of a post on Facebook earlier today. Basically some bloke saying Bennett was past it but also qualifying his stance in that he wasn’t a hater like “other fans”.

When other fans are called haters just for saying a player is past it.

The irony is completely lost on some folk.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

I would take him and Rathbone straight away. 

Rathbone is nowhere near the level we already have - ridiculous if we buy him . He would get killed in the championship

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

A number of League One players at Bury were on 8k a week. Championship players at Blackburn Rovers who didn't come through the youth ranks won't be on less. I think people are very naive in terms of what players get, even at our level.  

Chapman only cost in the 300-500k region, which we spent quite a while haggling with Boro on. 10k a week would be 520k every year in wages. He's also a young, injury prone player who had no Championship experience and the manager has shown he doesn't even fancy that much. I very very much doubt it is anything like 10k. Our top end wages are about 20k.

What a club who went extinct by over-paying their players paid out to some presumably fairly experienced players is irrelevant to what we pay a cheap punt.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

I just read that Brentford's France scout, Brendan MacFarlane, is responsible for sourcing Maupay, Benrahma, Mbuemo and Jeanvier.

Nevermind players, sign that guy up!

Our scouts will be in Portugal via the old SEM offices by the sounds of it.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

As above. I haven’t seen Mols but I’ll take the opinion of a professional over those on here. ??

You've opened yourself up there pal considering the last 10 years at Ewood ?

I wouldn't be too sure that a few on here aren't pros, ex pros or involved in football either.

• Like 7

28 minutes ago, tomphil said:

You've opened yourself up there pal considering the last 10 years at Ewood ?

I wouldn't be too sure that a few on here aren't pros, ex pros or involved in football either.

Maybe pal, but apparently not those saying Mols is better than Buckley. ?

Edited by Paul Mani
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Chapman only cost in the 300-500k region, which we spent quite a while haggling with Boro on. 10k a week would be 520k every year in wages. He's also a young, injury prone player who had no Championship experience and the manager has shown he doesn't even fancy that much. I very very much doubt it is anything like 10k. Our top end wages are about 20k.

What a club who went extinct by over-paying their players paid out to some presumably fairly experienced players is irrelevant to what we pay a cheap punt.

Agreed, not a chance Chapman is on 10k a week, Rovers highest paid player is on less than 20k, soon to change but 10k on a fringe player who was absolutely desperate to come here. Not a chance.

• Like 1

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11914609/jude-bellingham-manchester-united-offer-30m-for-birmingham-city-teenager

It looks like Birminghams FFP prayers have been answered. I find it staggering that so much can be spent on what is still only potential. A football club down the road went under for a fraction of that.