BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

32 minutes ago, arbitro said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11914609/jude-bellingham-manchester-united-offer-30m-for-birmingham-city-teenager

It looks like Birminghams FFP prayers have been answered. I find it staggering that so much can be spent on what is still only potential. A football club down the road went under for a fraction of that.

We should just put Gilsenan or Garrett on the field and hope they swim and bring us millions ?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, arbitro said:

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11914609/jude-bellingham-manchester-united-offer-30m-for-birmingham-city-teenager

It looks like Birminghams FFP prayers have been answered. I find it staggering that so much can be spent on what is still only potential. A football club down the road went under for a fraction of that.

It’s the new big thing. Lots of clubs looking for potential in teenagers now. Pay £10-20m and see if it works out. If it doesn’t, you write off the payment. If it does, you double the value instantly in the PL.

Interesting how much foreign eyes are on English players. The word is out that England is the place to pick up prospects, develop them and then sell them back for a premium. 

30 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

It’s the new big thing. Lots of clubs looking for potential in teenagers now. Pay £10-20m and see if it works out. If it doesn’t, you write off the payment. If it does, you double the value instantly in the PL.

Interesting how much foreign eyes are on English players. The word is out that England is the place to pick up prospects, develop them and then sell them back for a premium. 

If only foreign scouts had been around watching when this young dynamo was breaking through.

_51829730_107936034.jpg

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

If only foreign scouts had been around watching when this young dynamo was breaking through.

_51829730_107936034.jpg

??? Sadly, you can’t put owt, where there is nowt!

Assuming your username is a nod to Roy Wegerle? Loved that guy. He was u10’s managers favourite player. Always referenced him during team talks...?

Edited by Paul Mani

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

I think one of the reasons foreign teams chase (and often get) some of our young talent is that they hardly get a chance with their clubs. Foden is a prime example. Guardiola said something like he's the best player he's worked with but hardly gets a sniff, a few minutes here and cup matches. If he doesn't get a regular spot I can see him wanting to move but most top PL clubs wouldn't play him regularly. And most of the top Bundesliga teams would. And with release clauses now a common thing they are affordable.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, arbitro said:

I think one of the reasons foreign teams chase (and often get) some of our young talent is that they hardly get a chance with their clubs. Foden is a prime example. Guardiola said something like he's the best player he's worked with but hardly gets a sniff, a few minutes here and cup matches. If he doesn't get a regular spot I can see him wanting to move but most top PL clubs wouldn't play him regularly. And most of the top Bundesliga teams would. And with release clauses now a common thing they are affordable.

Me thinks Guardiola was chatting rubbish bigging up his talent to be bigger than Messi's!

2 hours ago, arbitro said:

That's crazy 

23 minutes ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Me thinks Guardiola was chatting rubbish bigging up his talent to be bigger than Messi's!

If I was Foden's agent I would be using that as leverage in his next deal. ??

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

??? Sadly, you can’t put owt, where there is nowt!

Assuming your username is a nod to Roy Wegerle? Loved that guy. He was u10’s managers favourite player. Always referenced him during team talks...?

I loved Wegerle too. Always thought we should have kept hold of him for longer. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Didn't know about Davies and Mahoney. 

And how did we miss Paul Mariner at Chorley?

and Vardy at Fleetwood? 

Just goes to show it's not necessary to go hunting in Poland and when there are hidden gems on your doorstep. 

There’s a lad at STOCKPORT now called Festus Arthur. Big strapping centre back and quick. Only 19 I think.

He will play football league easy.

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Comfortably more than an Indian poultry company paid for a Premier League football club...

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

3 hours ago, arbitro said:

Big clubs are looking for young talent where they can develop them. Look at Sancho at Dortmund. been linked with Chelsea for 100 million. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Big clubs are looking for young talent where they can develop them. Look at Sancho at Dortmund. been linked with Chelsea for 100 million. 

It's certainly interesting that English players are in demand on the continent. Only other time that has ever really happened was when English clubs were kicked out of Europe in the eighties and the players were queuing up to leave.

Coaches must be doing something right. Just need more of our players to be brave and make the plunge like Sancho. Only way we will catch-up with France and Spain in terms of number of players in the Champions League.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Tom said:

Me too!

Which is why I asked Bangali Fode Koita and he said Vale is the pick of the bunch 

I’ve watched the U23’s quite a lot as I live near the LFA in Leyland. Vale was a sub v Burnley at Ewood late November - when asked to get ready to come on in the second half by Billy Barr he had a massive sulk on. Billy turned to him and said “And change that f*****g face before you get on the pitch” (I was sat next to the dug out). He did not look interested one bit. I suspect he has an attitude problem. Probably sulking as Brereton and Samuel got the nod before him. 

When he’s focussed he’s decent. Not the tallest. 

Edited by Lee0r
  • Like 2

On 27/12/2019 at 16:11, Paul Mani said:

Well I suggest you get used to seeing this ‘little boy lost’ play most weeks in our first team. Assuming he’s not snapped up by a top Premier League club next month ??

On 27/12/2019 at 22:36, Paul Mani said:

Bucko is a different class of person to Connor tbf. Those sniffing round are a different class of club to Bournmouth too. I’d love for us to keep him for 12 months but barring a minor miracle (like a torn ACL) I can’t see us keeping him past the summer now. So my guess is that we’ll play him a lot and try to get a kings ransom for him in the summer.

On 28/12/2019 at 09:30, Paul Mani said:

If they decide they want him then £10m is a basically a free transfer for these boys. I hope they don’t. If they do, I hope we turn them down...

Oooof.

10 minutes ago, Amo said:

Oooof.

Aye, 10m does seem an odd suggestion,  plus now it looks like Mahoney is finding his feet top half of the championship....I've said it loads of times, JB needs to go out to Barrow or Marine on loan, or Clitheroe ?

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Aye, 10m does seem an odd suggestion,  plus now it looks like Mahoney is finding his feet top half of the championship....I've said it loads of times, JB needs to go out to Barrow or Marine on loan, or Clitheroe ?

You love non league football dont you? 

Can you explain where non league football would be better for him then playing somewhere like Crewe or Fleetwood Town? 

I think we need to extremly caution if and where we loan him to. It has to be right loan and not stop his development. 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No goals or assists though, so I think it's debatable as to how well he is doing. 

Hes 2 goal and 4 assists this season all competitions. 

Tho I do wonder if he would have make here. No idea why Coyle didnt put more faith in him instead of signing Feeney

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Hes 2 goal and 4 assists this season all competitions. 

Tho I do wonder if he would have make here. No idea why Coyle didnt put more faith in him instead of signing Feeney

The internet lied to me. That's decent enough to be fair.

I think a season in League 1 would have done wonders for him 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

As above. I haven’t seen Mols but I’ll take the opinion of a professional over those on here. ??

I've seen Mols several times and he hasn't impressed me.  The lad's going on 21 now and, IMO, wont make it.

I called it right on Brereton very soon after he joined us.

I'll trust my own eyes and judgement after, IMO, seeing some of the b0ll0ocks dropped by the so called professionals with Brereton and Gallagher topping the list! 

Edited by Mercer
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Mercer said:

I've seen Mols several times and he hasn't impressed me.  The lads going on 21 now and, IMO, wont make it.

I called it right on Brereton very soon after he joined us.

Mercer, people has different opinions. I was well wrong on Brereton. I can hold my hands up and admit I was wrong. 

Many people all say Travis will make here and Rankin Costello is looking the next one off our Academy/under 23's line when we seen them playing at under 23's. 

I disagree on Gallagher as I think there is player in him but his last 2 years before he joined here sent him backwards in terms of development his game. 

• Like 3