BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

26 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You dont have to come in and staunchly defend the club on any point everyone makes. Theres no reason to wait until after the QPR game. If theres a deal that we want all agreed there is no reason to drag it out. Id be surprised if we signed anyone, maybe a solitary loan, no money sadly, already been wasted.

well you asked about this loan deal that was close and I gave you what Mowbray actually said. That's all. No defend the club just stating what was said. 

no money? you don't know this. Just another guess from you. Rovers are putting bids whether loan or permanent ones. 

I'm sure Rovers will do a deal if its right for the club. We have been link to some players in Portugal. Maybe Mowbray will watch a game or 2 over the coming weekend. 

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Why? 

Could have had him last summer for virtually nothing,  but Tony and Tesco came across as knobs in the meeting......he signed a new deal a few months ago and was made club captain....Probably be a decent fee required now., good young midfielder schooled at Utd

I think Newcastle could be in.

Edited by Sparks Rover

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

Could have had him last summer for virtually nothing,  but Tony and Tesco came across as knobs in the meeting......he signed a new deal a few months ago and was made club captain....Probably be a decent fee required now.

Newcastle are chasing a left wing back and striker this window according to Bruce recent comments

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

well you asked about this loan deal that was close and I gave you what Mowbray actually said. That's all. No defend the club just stating what was said. 

no money? you don't know this. Just another guess from you. Rovers are putting bids whether loan or permanent ones. 

I'm sure Rovers will do a deal if its right for the club. We have been link to some players in Portugal. Maybe Mowbray will watch a game or 2 over the coming weekend. 

Just give it rest Chads, calm down

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I don't see Bruce signing any midfielder like Whiteman cos of his options already at the Club. Shevley, Hayden, Longstaff brothers. 

Is he any better than them?

Potentially better than all of them.  Plus Bruce inherited all of them.  I know for a fact that Newcastle are interested.

As long as you don't see it though eh??

Edited by Sparks Rover

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

Potentially better than all of them.  Plus Bruce inherited all of them.  I know for a fact that Newcastle are interested.

As long as you don't see it though eh??

you like a dig don't you? 

Better than those 4? not for me. Still in league 1. 

Wait for him to sign here, then we see. ;)

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

you like a dig don't you? 

Better than those 4? not for me. Still in league 1. 

Wait for him to sign here, then we see. ;)

No chaddy, you just always dismiss people with your superiority complex. You generally don't know what you are talking about, but there's many on this site who do. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Could have had him last summer for virtually nothing,  but Tony and Tesco came across as knobs in the meeting......he signed a new deal a few months ago and was made club captain....Probably be a decent fee required now., good young midfielder schooled at Utd

Seems a slightly odd decision to sign a new contract at a League One club after attracting Championship interest he thought he was good enough to turn down. Allows Donny to price him out of a move. Unless they had an understanding or clause that lets him move for a fair fee.

6 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Comfortably more than an Indian poultry company paid for a Premier League football club...

I’m all for a bit of Walker Trust bashing but in 1996 the world record transfer fee was £15m (Shearer). In 2006 it was £43m (Schevchenko). In 2016 is was about £100m (Pogba).

They just didn’t care was the problem.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

It isnt a guess, Mowbray has said numerous times that we dont have much money to play with, that we are miles away from peoples asking prices, and Waggott said we are on the FFP limit.

I hope you are right and I can expect a series of players bought to fix problem positions but I suspect that it will be one loan max, if that.

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Seems a slightly odd decision to sign a new contract at a League One club after attracting Championship interest he thought he was good enough to turn down. Allows Donny to price him out of a move. Unless they had an understanding or clause that lets him move for a fair fee.

Very good payrise and given captaincy. Very young to be a captain 

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Hopefully we go back with an improved offer.

According to the article it sounds like they have turned in down before Tony has made it :) 

Saw another report that Poznan is selling another player to Russia, suggesting they won't be desperate to sell Jozwiak. 

8 minutes ago, briansol said:

According to the article it sounds like they have turned in down before Tony has made it :) 

Saw another report that Poznan is selling another player to Russia, suggesting they won't be desperate to sell Jozwiak. 

Yeah I read that too. If we have that money to spend then I wouldn't piss about wasting time. If it's a definite no from Poznan then go get Maddison or Curtis.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Very good payrise and given captaincy. Very young to be a captain 

Still, surely less of a pay rise than a Championship club would give. And most players would rather be a Championship player than a League One captain. I suppose you just run the odds on these things (higher league interest can vanish overnight, you can get injured, it's a short career to risk not getting a pay rise at all, might not work out at the new club etc) and make a decision.

His stats are nothing impressive. Is he more of a tough tackling, keep the ball moving type?

With the Croatian defender, I suspect if the rumoured Newcastle and Bournemouth interest is real, we won't have a chance. Two Prem clubs showing interest will balloon the fee beyond what we can/will pay. Shame, would love us to sign a decent defender and he sounds promising.

35 minutes ago, Stuart said:

I’m all for a bit of Walker Trust bashing but in 1996 the world record transfer fee was £15m (Shearer). In 2006 it was £43m (Schevchenko). In 2016 is was about £100m (Pogba).

They just didn’t care was the problem.

Phil Jones himself was almost worth what they sold an entire debt free PL operation for.

The Walkers didn’t care... and obviously had no business sense either.

• Like 4

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

To be fair to him, Waggott and Mowbray have nothing mentioned FFP as a consideration, so it’s perhaps at least an educated guess. 

We all know why that is, as well.

48 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

No chaddy, you just always dismiss people with your superiority complex. You generally don't know what you are talking about, but there's many on this site who do. 

no one is dismiss you tho. I am giving you my opinion on Newcastle interest on your comment that they are interested in Whiteman. clearly you don't like people with different opinions. 

39 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

It isnt a guess, Mowbray has said numerous times that we dont have much money to play with, that we are miles away from peoples asking prices, and Waggott said we are on the FFP limit.

it is a guess cos we don't know how much we have got. if we are interested in these players linked then clearly we must have some money. 

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Phil Jones himself was almost worth what they sold an entire debt free PL operation for.

The Walkers didn’t care... and obviously had no business sense either.

The didn’t want the debt, the running costs and “hassle” of unearthing the next Phil Jones would be my guess.

• Like 1