18 Joe Rothwell £ 208,000 CM 24
19 Dominic Samuel £ 169,000 CF 25
20 Amari’i Bell £ 156,000 LB 25
21 Jayson Leutwiler £ 130,000 GK 30
22 Ryan Nyambe £ 130,000 RB 21
23 Lewis Travis £ 78,000 DM 21
24 Sam Hart £ 0 LB 23
TOTAL £13,835,000

I think there are some serious anomalies here!

If these figures were correct, the door on Mowbray's office would have been taken off its hinges by angry agents.

Any organisation needs a remuneration policy that is defendable.  I think you could drive a horse and cart through that lot.

• Like 1

I'm sorry for bringing up the wage of Harry Chapman...

Mulgrew is on £20k for what it's worth and Wigan were supposedly paying 60% - 80%. (Can't remember what I was told.)

It is depressing that Chappers is on more pounds per week than we have season ticket holders. So about 1/6 of all ST sales go on his wages for the year alone. 

No wonder we are racking up dept, and fringe players never want to leave without golden handshakes.

22 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Well Gallagher was on 24/25 k.at Southampton and he took a pay drop to. I guess Something on 18k a week. 

2 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

Mulgrew is on £20k for what it's worth and Wigan were supposedly paying 60% - 80%. (Can't remember what I was told.)

I guess he was on 16 to 18k.a week so not far off. 

45 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Look mate, chaddy brought it up, some journo linking us and in my opinion is better than what we have.  Scores from outside the box generally,  good passer, big strong lad with good feet and technique. We should buy him and off load a few.

The hat trick might have been the season previous I cant remember...it was in about 10 mins too...real good goals 

Your first sentence's start shows me you took my post the wrong way. Just curious about the player. Thanks. How's his mobility?

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 1

Just now, bluebruce said:

Your first sentence's start shows me you took my post the wrong way. Just curious about the player. Thanks. How's his mobility?

Sorry pal. Decent, probably pace is a weakness but in CM it's not so important.   Him and Travis would be great, young vibrant, forward passing, hungry players

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Iv'e said a few times that some Rovers players contracts might be heavily weighted with appearance bonuses etc.  Hence the relentless rotation for often no obvious reason.

That is so sad shameful if true and is against natural law - play the best team FFS instead of an old pals charade. 

38 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

Sorry pal. Decent, probably pace is a weakness but in CM it's not so important.   Him and Travis would be great, young vibrant, forward passing, hungry players

Yeh pace isn't crucial at CM, but I'd say those first few yards are fairly important for winning the ball, with it being a more congested area. If he's not too bad at that (at our level) and can put a decent tackle in then you make him sound worth having.

I still say it's not an area to prioritise recruitment unless we sell a couple of our existing ones though. But I know Tony collects them like some people collect stamps.

8 hours ago, Stuart said:

Jack actually felt something for the club, the town, the people.

Sadly, fewer and fewer people do these days.

That is nonsense, of course - there are still many thousands of people for whom Blackburn Rovers is a significant part of history, heritage and heart-ache. I would agree that fewer and fewer people have any feeling for the muppets owning and running the club, but the club itself remains a real focus and holds tremendous meaning.

• Like 1

Just now, WIR Second Coming said:

That is nonsense, of course - there are still many thousands of people for whom Blackburn Rovers is a significant part of history, heritage and heart-ache. I would agree that fewer and fewer people have any feeling for the muppets owning and running the club, but the club itself remains a real focus and holds tremendous meaning.

Fewer. This means less than previously.

This is not nonsense but a sad reality.

Just now, Stuart said:

Fewer. This means less than previously.

This is not nonsense but a sad reality.

You are absolutely right Stuart.

There are so many out there with opinions who’ve ‘been there and seen it all’. The owners should do this, the players should do that. But imo, words are cheap. People are the sum of their actions and the actions of many past supporters show that they no longer care.

Venkys set off a chain of destruction and pain for us but, time is a healer. There are several clubs who have had it as bad if not worse than us and managed to retain a loyal fan base. I’m not sure what the answer is. Maybe we’ve found our level and the previously higher attendances were a symptom of our successes in the 90’s

Selling 345 half season tickets during our best run of the season proves the lack of current interest.

Very sad

10 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Aye, but just because we don't like the people running the club, it doesn't mean we don't feel anything for the Rovers anymore. Supporting a football team runs deeper than just turning up blindly every saturday to consume whatever is in front of you. 

I have to disagree. Football is game between opposing teams where supporters attend matches to support their teams. The end.

TV and now the internet improved and increased coverage so that people could support from afar but when you boil it down, the whole point of a supporter is to support the team. This action is performed at the game. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

You are absolutely right Stuart.

There are so many out there with opinions who’ve ‘been there and seen it all’. The owners should do this, the players should do that. But imo, words are cheap. People are the sum of their actions and the actions of many past supporters show that they no longer care.

Venkys set off a chain of destruction and pain for us but, time is a healer. There are several clubs who have had it as bad if not worse than us and managed to retain a loyal fan base. I’m not sure what the answer is. Maybe we’ve found our level and the previously higher attendances were a symptom of our successes in the 90’s

Selling 345 half season tickets during our best run of the season proves the lack of current interest.

Very sad

Let’s not turn this into supporter bashing.

I’m saying that the pride and respect for the town itself is far lower. Jack’s children didn’t have any affinity. Venkys don’t have any affinity. But compared to say 20 years ago people just don’t have that pride any more. Go onto the LT site or their Fb page or any non-football Blackburn page. “It’s a shithole”; “what do you expect in Blackburn”; “glad I left that dump years ago”.

We actually have a great town and one that is trying to regenerate against a backdrop of a huge cultural chasm, I just wish people believed it a bit more - perception is reality.

The club used to represent that pride outwardly to the rest of the country. The way that was thrown away and then trashed was like having our heart ripped out.

18 minutes ago, WIR Second Coming said:

Aye, but just because we don't like the people running the club, it doesn't mean we don't feel anything for the Rovers anymore. Supporting a football team runs deeper than just turning up blindly every saturday to consume whatever is in front of you. 

Of course we do! :rover:

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Let’s not turn this into supporter bashing.

I’m saying that the pride and respect for the town itself is far lower. Jack’s children didn’t have any affinity. Venkys don’t have any affinity. But compared to say 20 years ago people just don’t have that pride any more. Go onto the LT site or their Fb page or any non-football Blackburn page. “It’s a shithole”; “what do you expect in Blackburn”; “glad I left that dump years ago”.

We actually have a great town and one that is trying to regenerate against a backdrop of a huge cultural chasm, I just wish people believed it a bit more - perception is reality.

The club used to represent that pride outwardly to the rest of the country. The way that was thrown away and then trashed was like having our heart ripped out.

I’m not trying to bash anyone mate.

People can’t help the way they feel. It’s just sad, as you said.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Blackburn Players Salaries 2019/20 – Weekly Wages

RANK PLAYER ANNUAL SALARY POS. AGE
1 Sam Gallagher £ 2,080,000 CF 23
2 Stewart Downing £ 1,820,000 LM 35
3 Bradley Johnson £ 1,300,000 CM 32
4 Greg Cunningham £ 988,000 LB 28
5 Tosin Adarabioyo £ 780,000 CB 21
6 Adam Armstrong £ 728,000 CF 22
7 Bradley Dack £ 728,000 AM 25
8 Corry Evans £ 624,000 CM 29
9 Danny Graham £ 624,000 CF 34
10 Darragh Lenihan £ 624,000 CB 25
11 Elliott Bennett £ 533,000 RM 30
12 Harry Chapman £ 445,000 RW 21
13 Christian Walton £ 390,000 GK 23
14 Jacob Davenport £ 390,000 DM 20
15 Ben Brereton £ 338,000 CF 20
16 Derrick Williams £ 312,000 CB 26
17 Richard Smallwood £ 260,000 CM 28
18 Joe Rothwell £ 208,000 CM 24
19 Dominic Samuel £ 169,000 CF 25
20 Amari’i Bell £ 156,000 LB 25
21 Jayson Leutwiler £ 130,000 GK 30
22 Ryan Nyambe £ 130,000 RB 21
23 Lewis Travis £ 78,000 DM 21
24 Sam Hart £ 0 LB 23
TOTAL £13,835,000

Even if we were paying half of Cunningham's wages, letting him go back to Cardiff permanently does free up a fair bunch. Enough for at least one in.

4 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Even if we were paying half of Cunningham's wages, letting him go back to Cardiff permanently does free up a fair bunch. Enough for at least one in.

I don’t think it’s as tight as is being painted Joe. Some will go from that list this month and by my reckoning, a third of the budget will be free for reinvestment in the summer when contracts / loan periods end.

As I intimated a couple of weeks ago, the club is relaxed and Venkys happy to spend. FFP is the only stumbling block. May end up being pleasantly surprised by the end of the window.

• Like 1

• Backroom

I can't see that wage list being accurate, but if I was Lewis Travis or Ryan Nyambe I'd be demanding a 500% wage rise to put me in the mix of the top 10 earners at the club.

That is ridiculous! 

• Like 5