BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

9 hours ago, AllRoverAsia said:

That is so sad shameful if true and is against natural law - play the best team FFS instead of an old pals charade. 

Just trying to keep everyone happy and a bit of parity sometimes is my guess.  Only a hunch but iv'e thought it before because you cannot fathom some of the swapping and changing at times before any injury list etc.

I assumed he's found a formula to get as many involved over the season as possible whilst getting games and value in them, blooding youngsters and gathering enough points to keep the wolves at bay.  Not an easy task but he's a crafty sod imo and knows just how far he can push it. A lot of gaffers will try and operate this way but here it should be all about the best first 11 getting as many points as poss week after week and nothing else. 

These opportunities of good budgets and fees for signings don't last we've seen it before and its been wasted many times before. At some point in the very near future he has to press the 'go for it' button.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

That's not what came out of the fans forum or whatever the meeting was....the opposite in fact. 

Who's right?

As far as I can see, Waggot explained that the owners are willing to invest but that ffp is the stumbling block.

The calmness I’m talking about is the lack of restriction generally. The frustration is that but for ffp, Venkys would Bank roll a playoff push.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, tomphil said:

Like they invested in Jan in the fight against relegation..... or a play off push last season ???

Come off it we've heard it all before.

Weren’t we under a transfer embargo during our relegation season? Or was that the season before?

Look at the expenditure since we got back into the Champ. They’ve sanctioned two £5m+ signings. They deserve criticism for many reasons but they can’t be faulted for backing Mowbray over the last two seasons.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Weren’t we under a transfer embargo during our relegation season? Or was that the season before?

Look at the expenditure since we got back into the Champ. They’ve sanctioned two £5m+ signings. They deserve criticism for many reasons but they can’t be faulted for backing Mowbray over the last two seasons.

Plus he's been given finances and decided not to use them in the past.

8 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

To be fair to them they have already invested enough money in this squad for a play off push. Sadly the money has been very poorly spent by the manager.

If you look at our spend on Salaries and fees we are roughly mid table in spending terms. So, tbf they haven’t spent enough for a play off push, Yet.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

If you look at our spend on Salaries and fees we are roughly mid table in spending terms. So, tbf they haven’t spent enough for a play off push, Yet.

Mid table in spending but near bottom in attendances. Venkys have been doing there bit in recent times.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Montyburns said:

Mid table in spending but near bottom in attendances. Venkys have been doing there bit in recent times.

Absolutely. As has the academy with the likes of Lenihan, Nyambe, Raya, Travis, Buckley, Butterworth, Magloire and JRC who have all played some part in the first team picture.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I don’t think it’s as tight as is being painted Joe. Some will go from that list this month and by my reckoning, a third of the budget will be free for reinvestment in the summer when contracts / loan periods end.

As I intimated a couple of weeks ago, the club is relaxed and Venkys happy to spend. FFP is the only stumbling block. May end up being pleasantly surprised by the end of the window.

"11th and relaxed." Righto!

Personally I'd be asking what happened to my £12M.

• Like 5

55 minutes ago, Montyburns said:

They don’t run the club properly. The structure, accountability etc etc is wrong. Until that is sorted, it doesnt matter how much money they choose to waste. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Madon said:

I can't see that wage list being accurate, but if I was Lewis Travis or Ryan Nyambe I'd be demanding a 500% wage rise to put me in the mix of the top 10 earners at the club.

That is ridiculous! 

The site they are taken from clearly states at the top of the page that they are estimates. So a guess ,basically. 

4 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

The site they are taken from clearly states at the top of the page that they are estimates. So a guess ,basically. 

So basically it’s useless information? Buzzing. Have we signed anyone yet? 

6 minutes ago, 47er said:

"11th and relaxed." Righto!

Personally I'd be asking what happened to my £12M.

Please stop taking it out of context. I’m saying that in general they’re (staff) are relaxed about finances. The notion of us not having a pot to piss in is nonsense.

Id be asking about my £12m too but then I’m not a multi millionaire. If I looked at a manager who had a mid table budget and a team sat in the mid table with eyes on the top 6 I might, potentially be satisfied? 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I have to disagree. Football is game between opposing teams where supporters attend matches to support their teams. The end.

TV and now the internet improved and increased coverage so that people could support from afar but when you boil it down, the whole point of a supporter is to support the team. This action is performed at the game. 

And a thousand miles away, when you look for the results for the team you've supported since being a wee nipper sneaking on the Blackburn End when the gates open because your dad said you were too young to go to the football in the early 70s. And every time the classic blue and white halves are (mainly were) pulled on for kick abouts, strolls on the beach, cycling, walking around new cities, or even just as PJs at the end of the day. The Rovers supporter is not exclusively defined by his or her ability (or inclination) to get to Ewood park on match day. It runs much, much deeper than that. For religion below, substitute 'football'tenor.gif?itemid=5016991

Edited by WIR Second Coming
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

We were still able to sign players under embargo as long as they were on less than 10k pwk.

I can't see where i'm questioning the overall expendure so not sure why you're bringing that up i'm on about business done in Jan or lack of it. The promotion season i think they sanctioned some stuff to help us kick on, either side of that not much in the winter window.

I agree any faultering in terms of overall spending and where its gone under TM is right at his door but in Jan we should've done something in the relegation season, we should've done something last season and something now might really end the season well.  Same excuses we've heard several years past are being trotted out again now though so who's to blame if there's no action ?

It isn't FFP !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1