BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

2 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Players aren't fancied by certain managers all the time, rightly or wrongly. If he supported the club, I would expect him to suck it up and try and help out. Mowbray said he would feature, now it seems that when fans give the evidence that he says something, those who disagree just blanket dismiss it by saying "oh he says lots of things". It's a great out for people who don't have anything else to come back with.

He left for the money instead of helping the team get out of League 1. From a fan of the club, that's poor in my opinion. 

I don't think it was the best move for him from a personal point of view either. A solid season playing mens football in League 1, would have set him up nicely.   

Stop being silly. I know you’re not that naive!

1 hour ago, Swanson said:

Weren't we linked with that George Tanner kid from Man U earlier in the window? He has signed for Salford on loan for the rest of the season.

That was never going to happen just a rumour, he is looking to kick start the next stage of his career and he wouldn't have got that at Rovers, he would have been playing 23s football here and the same at Derby, he would have been better off staying at Motcombe than doing that

He has now moved onto the next level of league 2 with his move to Salford, which is an excellent move for him, he is definatley one to keep an eye on though as he progresses his career

4 minutes ago, SkipDonoghue said:

That was never going to happen just a rumour, he is looking to kick start the next stage of his career and he wouldn't have got that at Rovers, he would have been playing 23s football here and the same at Derby, he would have been better off staying at Motcombe than doing that

He has now moved onto the next level of league 2 with his move to Salford, which is an excellent move for him, he is definatley one to keep an eye on though as he progresses his career

Its good for young players choosing playing time over wages.

I feel this is where Gallagher gone wrong during his career between in Blackburn spells. 

Look at John Egan who left Sunderland and went to Gillingham then Brentford and now Sheff Utd. Rovers wanted him between his move to Gillingham. 

Edited by chaddyrovers

29 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Anyone else find the reported (rejected) bid for the Polish u-18 keeper a bit odd? We have two good promising young keepers who aren't getting a look in already. Meanwhile we very much need a senior goalie.

If it's true I can only think we want to allow one of the kids to go out on loan and that the fee is chump change.

Perhaps the plan is to upgrade Walton, release the Canadian, and use either Fisher or Hilton as Number two (leaving space for another u23 keeper)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Really is mythical at this point though. We might as well discuss our plans to play Theseus on a pegasus up front, and fund it by selling the golden fleece.

The Cash of the tight uns is running a bit low to be signing such prominent folk.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Liked you too but frankly disappointed by this, as a result I won’t be sharing info I get from inside. Was absolutely no need for this comment when I was trying to do mods a favour

He was clearly joking. Maybe K-Hod and I have similar senses of humour - I thought it was funny and feel you need to lighten up a touch regarding this post and keep the toys in the pram - so to speak. 

From my point of view, Mods don't need to be soulless, opinionless entities (not your view, I know) who donate all of their life without showing a bit of personality, but certainly - leave moderation to them because they do a superb job on here and are extremely fair.  The thread over the years isn't solely about people like Chaddy (no offence) hankering for vague info from genuine or non-genuine sources, Twitter rumours, or just back-slapping and blowing smoke up behinds.  And to be honest, I've not read anything on here lately that wasn't already on Newsnow or something.  Anyway, when there's something with real meat on the bones, I am sure it'll generate interest and that'll be all we'll focus on for a while - but do get used to debates on the edge of acceptability when things are stagnant.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, tomphil said:

Sign Walton for an undisclosed fee more like, that's probably why he's keeping what powder he has dry. 

Old pals act to be in play again i reckon.

Some games I actually really like Walton. He usually claims crosses very well (I know not the case at Preston). Other games/moments he worries me also but there is certainly potential there and he'll get better. For the right price, I'd be open to him staying as short-term 2nd choice behind an older head - with a view to becoming number 1.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Pedro said:

He was clearly joking. Maybe K-Hod and I have similar senses of humour - I thought it was funny and feel you need to lighten up a touch regarding this post and keep the toys in the pram - so to speak. 

From my point of view, Mods don't need to be soulless, opinionless entities (not your view, I know) who donate all of their life without showing a bit of personality, but certainly - leave moderation to them because they do a superb job on here and are extremely fair.  The thread over the years isn't solely about people like Chaddy (no offence) hankering for vague info from genuine or non-genuine sources, Twitter rumours, or just back-slapping and blowing smoke up behinds.  And to be honest, I've not read anything on here lately that wasn't already on Newsnow or something.  Anyway, when there's something with real meat on the bones, I am sure it'll generate interest and that'll be all we'll focus on for a while - but do get used to debates on the edge of acceptability when things are stagnant.

Clearly joking?? Really!!  He may have been joking but I'd hardly say it was clear and it was certainly not funny. Anyway I did enjoy the backtracking when one of the more credible sources of info regarding transfers pulled the shutters down. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Mowbray said he had a good chance of starting and if they lad backed himself he could have had a good year in League 1 with the team he supports ,as opposed to playing under 23s football. 

So he chose money and I would say he isn't really that big a fan. If he was he would have stayed and helped the club get back to the Championship. 

I think the truth is (from good authority), his mum pushed for a move because it was damaging for his career with the relegation and how he had hardly been used (bit of a theme there for young wingers under TM).  I wouldn't say it worked out but I imagine he got a pay rise - and Dorset is a lovely part of the world.

I'd have said the same to my son too (at that point in time).

• Like 1

Not only is there absolutely no sign of any incomings but it looks like there wont be any major outgoings. The likes of Samuel and Smallwood seem content to see out 6 months more on wages that League 1 teams wont come close to matching and then leaving on a free in the summer, which you can understand.

34 minutes ago, DE. said:

If Brereton is still here at the end of the window then IMV that is a failure on our part to help this kid out. He clearly needs to get out of here for a bit and rediscover his form. Keeping him here for u23 matches and playing the odd match here or there, largely out of position, isn't protecting the player or our significant investment. It's just making a bad situation even worse.

is mowbray making the decisions??the brereton situation stinks of somebody else`s involvement,it defies belief that an experienced manager can`t see that the lad needs to out on loan and get confidence and game time,i honestly believe mowbray did`nt want him and someone at the club was in cahoots with an agent and mowbray just wants nothing to do with him

2 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Not only is there absolutely no sign of any incomings but it looks like there wont be any major outgoings. The likes of Samuel and Smallwood seem content to see out 6 months more on wages that League 1 teams wont come close to matching and then leaving on a free in the summer, which you can understand.

How many permanent TM signings have actually come good and had an impact that has anywhere near matched their contract?

Dack - definitely

S Downing - absolutely

Armstrong - Yes

P Downing - No. Now left

Bell - No. Contract up in the summer

Rodwell - No. Now left.

Smallwood - yes league one, unused for a year so No. Contract up in the summer.

Chapman - No. 

Samuel - No.

Gladwin - No. Now left.

Rothwell - No, only fleetingly.

Holtby - not yet

Davenport - no

Brereton - No

Gallagher - Not yet

Johnson - No

Whittingham - No. Now left.

Nuttall - No. Now left.

Hart - No. Effectively left.

Caddis- No. Now left.

Leutweiller - No

Lyons - No

Apologies if I have missed anyone but I think they are largely absolutely pitiful dealings and MILLIONS have been  wasted in fees and wages.  I wouldn't trust him with another penny and (alongside the poor tactics and selections) just don't get the love in with him.

Edited by Pedro
  • Like 4

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

is mowbray making the decisions??the brereton situation stinks of somebody else`s involvement,it defies belief that an experienced manager can`t see that the lad needs to out on loan and get confidence and game time,i honestly believe mowbray did`nt want him and someone at the club was in cahoots with an agent and mowbray just wants nothing to do with him

I'm sure I read somewhere (possibly on this thread) that Mowbray and Brereton have the same agent which if true lends more credence to the idea that it was Mowbray's decision with perhaps some influence from his agent.

As for why Brereton isn't being loaned out - the only reason I can think of is that Mowbray doesn't want to lose face by loaning out a guy we paid a lot of money for only a year and a half ago. Not a good look for him to say the least.