BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

1 hour ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Marshall is now playing exactly at the level he deserves. He was garbage at Rovers. One good game and ten where he went missing. He had ability but his attitude stunk, especially at the end when he wanted out. The fact no one took a chance on him says it all.

He was a bit fragile mentally and certainly was rumours at Leicester over “depression” if you remember.

Rumour was from a few Millwall fans before he signed for Salford was he was big into his gambling and extra curricular sniffing activities.

Shame had talent didn’t maximise it

• Like 3

I saw Waggot coming out of Iceland on either Weds or Thursday. I'm not sure what he'd been buying, but if I had to guess I'd say steak puds. He seemed relaxed. I considered asking him about the window and any impending transfers but didn't. I just briefly looked at him and then past. If you're wondering what I was buying.. Zoflora! I was cleaning the house to impress the wife. I opted for Zoflora due to it's strong unmistakeable odour- they need to know you've cleaned up or what's the point, right? Bleach is another winner, strong, strong odour to it!

Have we made any progress on these foriegn lads we were sniffing around?

Edited by Lie_still_Rover
  • Like 7

12 minutes ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

I saw Waggot coming out of Iceland on either Weds or Thursday. I'm not sure what he'd been buying, but if I had to guess I'd say steak puds. He seemed relaxed. I considered asking him about the window and any impending transfers but didn't. I just briefly looked at him and then past. If you're wondering what I was buying.. Zoflora! I was cleaning the house to impress the wife. I opted for Zoflora due to it's strong unmistakeable odour- they need to know you've cleaned up or what's the point, right? Bleach is another winner, strong, strong odour to it!

Maybe he spotted a couple in Iceland 

It looks like it will be down to the wire with the old transfers again. I reckon anywhere from 1-3 with a chance that we might not even make a signing. 

Edited by Bigdoggsteel
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Can't disagree that the Brereton transfer is looking more and more like it might be an expensive error,

An ultra-cautious pronouncement!

Still down-playing the most disastrous/bewildering signing in my lifetime.

1 hour ago, Lie_still_Rover said:

You could just have said he was in Iceland and we could have had another 10 pages of speculation about signing a young Icelandic prodigy.

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Stuart said:

How is that any kind of defence of our lack of activity?

It’s really simple: do we need players? Yes! We’ve all identified our weaknesses.

Last year, a good January convinced Mowbray that we could let P Downing go and not bring in anyone to improve us. We all said what would happen - and it did.

It seems, this season, a 5-0 win is just as good a reason.

Round and round we go...

I wasn’t defending anything. Just trying to give an explanation as to why we have not heard anything. Corroborated by the amount of regurgitated stories by all of the  usual media outlets.

No one has any stories. Because everyone has been off grid. Yes they got it wrong last January. I’m sure it was a massive source of frustration for them too. I can’t see anyone wanting that again. Especially with the added pressure of higher expectation.

We’ll know this week.

16 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Even by recent years' standards, this thread is painful.  

Have we ever signed anyone in a window before the last 48 hours?

Formica and Rochina? 

Rochina probably my favourite Rovers player in the last 10 years.

Edited by RoversClitheroe
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, 47er said:

An ultra-cautious pronouncement!

Still down-playing the most disastrous/bewildering signing in my lifetime.

I said last season in years to come once we look back at Breretons career in terms of money spent he’ll be judged as the worst signing the club has ever made surpassing Davis/grabby. (Much to the merriment of some). I’ve seen nothing that has changed my mind.

His only hope is he gets a loan move and plays under a manager better equipped to man manage him and coaches able to bring the best out of him then comes back a better player. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bohinen 22 said:

Billy Sharp would be a top signing. The kind of signing that would make way too much sense for our decision makers. Plus he'd prob need until May to learn about how we play and fit into the group.

Billy Sharp who himself said he's going nowhere and wants to fight for his place at United yeah?

• Moderation Lead
3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

“It’s only Nixon” but it sounds about right for TM: set out targets, do nothing for three weeks, make a late move, complain that they cost too much, fans blame greedy mercenary players, “keep our powder dry” for the Summer when there’s “better value”.

Rinse/repeat.

Nutshell.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Stuart said:

“It’s only Nixon” but it sounds about right for TM: set out targets, do nothing for three weeks, make a late move, complain that they cost too much, fans blame greedy mercenary players, “keep our powder dry” for the Summer when there’s “better value”.

Rinse/repeat.

Then once we’re in a position to get said better value Tonebola will sit them down and explain they’re not guaranteed to ever start until they buy into his philosophy. Usually takes 6 months to a year. 

• Like 2

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

I’ve got no problem with the club being circumspect with the finances this window. FFP is a massive consideration and not being able to sell Dack is a huge set back. I assume the fans who expect us to spend millions each window are the same fans who want us to slash ticket prices every week..

There's a difference between spending millions and chucking it away.

• Like 3