BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Match his f@$ wage???? For a player that's no wanted...... he can f@#K RIGHT OFF the way he left and now no one is interested wants back and on same money he is on......... the boy is on crack...... if we take him back ill be letting him know every time he or TM is in ear shot of me that I'm no happy 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, J*B said:

Yep league 1 doesn’t count.

The Dack injury is massive - if we had him available to sell in Summer, or January (much to Mani’s disappointment!) we would be in a position where despite being close to FFP we can spend, as we had an asset worth millions to FFP ready to be cashed in at any point. We could have got 20m for Dack at basically any point we wanted. 
If Dack didn’t get injured we would be spending THIS window. We haven’t bothered scouting players between 3-5 million for no reason. We can afford to buy them if we have a Dack sale in our back pockets. We can’t if we don’t. 
I can’t express just how much of an asset having a player signed for 750K and sold for 20M is in FFP terms. It’s basically a PlayStation cheat code and gives you a license to go from loses of about 38m over three seasons to just under 60m over three seasons. 

£20m?! On what planet are we getting £20m for Dack?!

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Of those 6 games Lenihan has missed we have lost 4 games, draw 1 and won 1. 

As I keep telling you I think Gallagher will score goals if we create chances for him. And I told you before there is a player in him. 

Brereton was performing when Warburton was manager there. 

I know you dont. 

Im not saying that he isnt really important, I was correcting the implication that hes missed a high proportion of our games and its cost us. Same with Dack, we never once spent a day in the play off places even with him playing.

He will be spending the rest of the season playing on the wing I suspect with Armstrong up top and reinforcements not coming in wide. Wherever he plays he doesnt have the knack of sniffing out chances.

4 hours ago, JHRover said:

So if we had beat Wigan and Birmingham at Xmas and were in the top 6 when the window opened they would have sold Dack to WBA?

If their grand plan when promotion is a realistic outcome is to sell our best player mid season then I'd say they don't really want promotion.

Yes, I said a while ago that we would've sold him. Because regardless of our position, we simply wouldn't be able to invest and it amazed me how surprised lots of supporters were when the penny dropped regarding FFP - it's simple arithmetic. The terrible dealings have tied us in a tight knot and we HAVE to sell someone to improve the team. Add to the fact Dack isn't going to sign a deal, he held the card more firmly every day that goes by.  Mowbray even did a piece in the Telegraph dropping a massive hint that he might have to go.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

£20m?! On what planet are we getting £20m for Dack?!

You’ve seen some of the Championship -> Premier League transfer fees for attackers, right?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Graham is still our best striker by a comfortable distance.

I've no idea why fans are trying to rush him out the door.

I agree and I certainly wouldn't be looking to move him on but having already spent what we have, we should be looking to do just that.

It's ludicrous that we are where we are, having committed the funds that we have on our attack.

25 minutes ago, Exiled_Rover said:

Graham is still our best striker by a comfortable distance.

I've no idea why fans are trying to rush him out the door.

Probably the way he has only scored 3 goals this season and doesn't look as clinical or fit as last season.

Armstrong is comfortably our best striker at this point, not Danny. Different type but clearly looking more dangerous of late than Graham.

• Like 7

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Im not saying that he isnt really important, I was correcting the implication that hes missed a high proportion of our games and its cost us. Same with Dack, we never once spent a day in the play off places even with him playing.

He will be spending the rest of the season playing on the wing I suspect with Armstrong up top and reinforcements not coming in wide. Wherever he plays he doesnt have the knack of sniffing out chances.

Lenihan is very important to our side and him and Adarabioyo are good partnership. If he had played in those 6 games he missed I think we would have 4 or 5 points more. I not assed if we haven't been in playoffs yet. Neither had Villa last season at this stage I think. As long as you are in there after 46 games that's all that matters. 

Who knows what will happen this week regarding transfers. It will be busy for Championship clubs this week and hopefully us. The usually last week chaos of the window as per usual

7 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Yes, I said a while ago that we would've sold him. Because regardless of our position, we simply wouldn't be able to invest and it amazed me how surprised lots of supporters were when the penny dropped regarding FFP - it's simple arithmetic. The terrible dealings have tied us in a tight knot and we HAVE to sell someone to improve the team. Add to the fact Dack isn't going to sign a deal, he held the card more firmly every day that goes by.  Mowbray even did a piece in the Telegraph dropping a massive hint that he might have to go.

So Forest, Derby and others are also similarly worried about FFP implications are they?

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Lenihan is very important to our side and him and Adarabioyo are good partnership. If he had played in those 6 games he missed I think we would have 4 or 5 points more. I not assed if we haven't been in playoffs yet. Neither had Villa last season at this stage I think. As long as you are in there after 46 games that's all that matters. 

Who knows what will happen this week regarding transfers. It will be busy for Championship clubs this week and hopefully us. The usually last week chaos of the window as per usual

Its unreasonable to expect a player to be fit to play in every single game, missing half a dozen games is not enough to raise it as a major reason as to why we arent in the top 6.

I dont think there is any tangible evidence to suggest that we are top 6 quality considering we have never been in the top 6.

• Like 1

I am almost 53, got mikes in the kegs through amateur football and scored goals wherever I played. At my age and with dodgy knees with a supply line even I could bang a few in. You do not lose the art of scoring BUT you do need a decent supply to do so. Both Brereton and Gally as well as Armstrong will flourish with a decent supply. Take Dack out and Rivers have to be a 4-4-2 team with Dack it’s 4-4-1-1 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

So Forest, Derby and others are also similarly worried about FFP implications are they?

Well Derby thought they where around it through selling their stadium. Forest have sold 20m of players since Brereton last January. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Its unreasonable to expect a player to be fit to play in every single game, missing half a dozen games is not enough to raise it as a major reason as to why we arent in the top 6.

I dont think there is any tangible evidence to suggest that we are top 6 quality considering we have never been in the top 6.

Like I said neither were Villa at this stage. so what? doesn't matter now. I would say Lenihan and Adarabioyo partnership is top 6 quality IMO. Armstrong, Downing and Dack is top 6 quality also

Like I said if we had Lenihan fit for every game we would be top 6 now IMO. Should be captain permanent now. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, darrenrover said:

I have no idea and not sure what your point is tbh. All I know is, our manager and CEO clearly are - as they frequently reference it as an excuse or fear.

Edited by Pedro

22 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said neither were Villa at this stage. so what? doesn't matter now. I would say Lenihan and Adarabioyo partnership is top 6 quality IMO. Armstrong, Downing and Dack is top 6 quality also

Like I said if we had Lenihan fit for every game we would be top 6 now IMO. Should be captain permanent now. 

He does more than his fair share of clangers too.

28 minutes ago, J*B said:

As a side note, if Dack is out for 12 months we surely must have his wages covered under his medical insurance? Can we not spend that?

I take it your taking the piss and you know that's not how ffp or medical insurance for players works?? 

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Gallagher had scored the goals he did before here and Brereton carry on the performances he had at Forest. Plus Lenihan and Cunningham been fit all season it would have helped..

Still feel we can get top 6 even now. Keep Armstrong, Adarabioyo and Lenihan fit I dont think we be far away

Come on chaddy Gallagher has never been prolific, 11 league goals in his first season here which was a decent enough return but only 6 at Birmingham last season. And Brereton carry on his performances from his time at forest? You’re making out like he set the world on fire. He was a promising youngster who had a stormer against Arsenal in an FA cup game and managed a few goals in the league... If we had an uninjured Dack and Cunningham and If we’d have spent the Brereton and Gallagher money on a striker to play in front of Dack who was actually a natural goalscorer then I wouldn’t see us far off the top six. As things stand though this season you can forget it, I’m surprised even you think we’ve still got a chance at the top six this season, I really can’t see it. 

• Like 3

Just now, geedog13 said:

I take it your taking the piss and you know that's not how ffp or medical insurance for players works?? 

Bit strong. I take it you're taking the piss and don't expect posters on here to be experts on medical insurance nor the vagaries of FFP?

4 minutes ago, geedog13 said:

I’ve no idea how insurance works, I remember we once got paid out on someone (Dahlin?). Will we be paying Dack while he’s out? Can we claim it back? You’re an expert I assume?

• Like 2

We chased the Dahlin insurance money for years but ended up losing out.

At least that's the last I heard how it panned out unless that got pilfered as well.

That related to him being a crock when we signed him though.

Edited by tomphil

1 hour ago, Pedro said:

If they had sold Dack to another Championship club mid season whilst in and around the play-offs then there would have been uproar and it would effectively have been waving the white flag on promotion. Nobody serious about getting up sells their star player to a rival, Ffp or no Ffp. It would be like Fulham selling Mitrovic or Cairney to Leeds now.

The only way Waggott and co. could justify such a sale would either be in the summer or to a Premier League club, and I doubt there's many of those interested in him.

Personally think a solid left back and a defensive mid is where we should stengthen. Nyambe has become our biggest threat going forward, nowhere near the complete article, maybe never be in terms of top level, but at this level teams dont like defending him, and his end product has vastly improved, so get a left back similar, and we'd be a real threat, because we have players in the middle who can do the simple passing, but we would just need a solid DM to cover the centre halves.

Like liverpool their midfield isnt exciting but they have players who do the simple things excellently. We have travis, rothwell and holtby who can do the same at this level, if they play simple football.

Edited by AAK

2 hours ago, J*B said:

Rhodes had scored 1 Championship goal when we signed him. Gestede was playing in Cardiff’s reserves. It’s not illogical to think that Brereton - who had scored a few for Forest and had brilliant ‘scouting’ reviews and Gallagher who had already been successful for us would score a fair amount of goals. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

If Gallagher had scored the goals he did before here and Brereton carry on the performances he had at Forest. Plus Lenihan and Cunningham been fit all season it would have helped..

Still feel we can get top 6 even now. Keep Armstrong, Adarabioyo and Lenihan fit I dont think we be far away

I get the logic behind the transfers of Gally and BB, but not the fees we paid.

Gally had looked ok first time round and scored goals. However he had since spent a season at St Andrews where he was awful. I speak to a Blues season ticket holder on a weekly basis through work and he was forever telling me how bad he was performing. He then spent a year doing nothing at Southampton. As a backup striker I understand why a club would bring him in, but I don't see the logic in spending £5million and making him your main man when he had shown nothing for two years. To use the Gestede comparison is a bit silly as, although both had shown little in the previous seasons, one cost £250k and the other £5mill. 

If you remove the Arsenal game, it would appear that Breretons career at Forest was one of promise rather than performances. However I'm sure the major flaws in his game were present then, and whoever conducted our scouting reports were simply wrong. Gambling on him developing for a fee of £1 mill or something is logical.  £6 or 7million is a disaster.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 4

• Backroom
Just now, Hasta said:

I get the logic behind the transfers of Gally and BB, but not the fees we paid.

Gally had looked ok first time round and scored goals. However he had since spent a season at St Andrews where he was awful. I speak to a Blues season tthat Chet holder on a weekly basis through work and he was forever telling me how bad he was performing. He then spent a year doing nothing at Southampton. As a backup striker I understand why a club would bring him in, but I don't see the logic in spending £5million and making him your main man when he had shown nothing for two years. To use the Gestede comparison is a bit silly as, although both had shown little in the previous seasons, one cost £250k and the other £5mill. 

If you remove the Arsenal game, it would appear that Breretons career at Forestwas one of promise rather than performances. However I'm sure the major flaws in his game were present then, and whoever conducted our scouting reports were simply wrong. Gambling on him developing for a fee of £750k or something is logical.  £6 or 7million is a disaster.

Had they even cost £6m between them, I'd be considerably less annoyed at their goal returns.