BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

40 minutes ago, Butty said:

Come on chaddy Gallagher has never been prolific, 11 league goals in his first season here which was a decent enough return but only 6 at Birmingham last season. And Brereton carry on his performances from his time at forest? You’re making out like he set the world on fire. He was a promising youngster who had a stormer against Arsenal in an FA cup game and managed a few goals in the league... If we had an uninjured Dack and Cunningham and If we’d have spent the Brereton and Gallagher money on a striker to play in front of Dack who was actually a natural goalscorer then I wouldn’t see us far off the top six. As things stand though this season you can forget it, I’m surprised even you think we’ve still got a chance at the top six this season, I really can’t see it. 

He wasn't at Birmingham last season but the season before under 3 different managers. He spent last season in Southampton under 23's squad. He was good when he was here in his first spell here IMO. Scored some good goals. 

He had some good games at Forest but we bought potential. sadly he hasn't produce there. 

More than enough chance to get top 6 IMO. Armstrong on fire and players full on confidence at the minute

49 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If they had sold Dack to another Championship club mid season whilst in and around the play-offs then there would have been uproar and it would effectively have been waving the white flag on promotion. Nobody serious about getting up sells their star player to a rival, Ffp or no Ffp. It would be like Fulham selling Mitrovic or Cairney to Leeds now.

The only way Waggott and co. could justify such a sale would either be in the summer or to a Premier League club, and I doubt there's many of those interested in him.

Are we serious about promotion? I personally am but I've seen nothing since the signing of Rhodes to suggest we genuinely are as a club. We certainly weren't serious last January when very  well placed and we've continued to overlook the obvious failings.  Also, our choices of managers and lack of ruthlessness when they don't get results doesn't suggest those above are thinking of anything other than a half-arsed, living in a dream land approach.

I have no doubt whatsoever that when the price is right, we'd sell any player to the highest bidder - regardless of the league they are in.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He wasn't at Birmingham last season but the season before under 3 different managers. He spent last season in Southampton under 23's squad. He was good when he was here in his first spell here IMO. Scored some good goals. 

He had some good games at Forest but we bought potential. sadly he hasn't produce there. 

More than enough chance to get top 6 IMO. Armstrong on fire and players full on confidence at the minute

The confidence will be solely from the last game as we are in poor form in the last 6 games.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

29 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Potential - at 24years old? At that age and price he should be well on the way to the finished article by now. Not needing basic advice to be ruthless and not to get underneath crosses.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Potential - at 24years old? At that age and price he should be well on the way to the finished article by now. Not needing basic advice to be ruthless and not to get underneath crosses.  

Like I said before Gallagher 2 years spell in between being here as stop his development and set him back..this is what happened when players join clubs which dont suit them  

10 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

The confidence will be solely from the last game as we are in poor form in the last 6 games.

Confidence from playing well like Armstrong's form in the last 10 games has been good. Or does that count if we were winning games. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Like I said before Gallagher 2 years spell in between being here as stop his development and set him back..this is what happened when players join clubs which dont suit them  

Confidence from playing well like Armstrong's form in the last 10 games has been good. Or does that count if we were winning games. 

I think you are stretching it by saying 2 years. He played 33 times for Birmingham, so was playing regularly. Managerial changes are common place but he still played plenty of game time, especially for a very limited player who was not scoring goals. He spent half of last season injured so it was only half a season that he spent not playing.

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

I think you are stretching it by saying 2 years. He played 33 times for Birmingham, so was playing regularly. Managerial changes are common place but he still played plenty of game time, especially for a very limited player who was not scoring goals. He spent half of last season injured so it was only half a season that he spent not playing.

No, playing for the right manager count for alot and a manager who will help you develop and get better. Playing for Birmingham City did nothing for his development. Poor choice of a club for him. Thats one of the reasons I wouldnt loan Buckley out right now. Keep him here. 

Look at Swansea and why Liverpool and Chelses will loan their players to Cooper. Cos he will aide and help their development of the player. 

2 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

No, playing for the right manager count for alot and a manager who will help you develop and get better. Playing for Birmingham City did nothing for his development. Poor choice of a club for him. Thats one of the reasons I wouldnt loan Buckley out right now. Keep him here. 

Look at Swansea and why Liverpool and Chelses will loan their players to Cooper. Cos he will aide and help their development of the player. 

What does that even mean? He was consistently playing football, what more can managers ask? Its not their fault that Gallagher is not very good, Mowbray has also played him regularly and he has scored even less goals.

The alternative for Buckley is to continue to just play kids football because hes a liability when he plays in the first team.

And money makes it unfeasible but we dont want a goalscorer anyway, who needs goals?

Far too much negativaty on here. Armstrong and Nyambe are on fire and would get in any team in the league. Holtby and Downing are 2 of the most experienced and classy players in the league.

Tosin a potential future man city captain and you have the recipe for success .

Blackburn are serious playoff contenders. 

• Like 2

Just now, Montyburns said:

Far too much negativaty on here. Armstrong and Nyambe are on fire and would get in any team in the league. Holtby and Downing are 2 of the most experienced and classy players in the league.

Weve not spent any time in the play offs in the last 18 months and have spent very little time in the immediate vicinity of them, and when we have, we instantly fall back down. Chuck in a couple of major injuries and no money to make reinforcements and its realism rather tham negativity as to why people consider our top 6 chances to be very slim.

Armstrong and Nyambe are important players but certainly would not get into every team in the league.

Downing has been good, Holtby has yet to consistently impress for various reasons.

I suspect that neutrals would not consider us a major threat.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Montyburns said:

you don`t get to many matches i take it?

2 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

What does that even mean? He was consistently playing football, what more can managers ask? Its not their fault that Gallagher is not very good, Mowbray has also played him regularly and he has scored even less goals.

The alternative for Buckley is to continue to just play kids football because hes a liability when he plays in the first team.

And money makes it unfeasible but we dont want a goalscorer anyway, who needs goals?

Well work it out. 

Look at Cooper and Swansea or Moore and Doncaster who help young players develop and get better. Maybe do some research why Cooper got Gallagher and Brewster to his club. 

Its not about just playing football.its about developing their game and helping them get better. 

We have a goalscorer in Armstrong. Lets develop the team around him and his pace. 

Wouldnt want Rhodes back. He wanted out. Monk doesnt want even after a hat trick the other week. Wonder why?.

38 minutes ago, Pedro said:

Are we serious about promotion? I personally am but I've seen nothing since the signing of Rhodes to suggest we genuinely are as a club. We certainly weren't serious last January when very  well placed and we've continued to overlook the obvious failings.  Also, our choices of managers and lack of ruthlessness when they don't get results doesn't suggest those above are thinking of anything other than a half-arsed, living in a dream land approach.

I have no doubt whatsoever that when the price is right, we'd sell any player to the highest bidder - regardless of the league they are in.

This is the thing for me just how serious are they ?  Not very i don't think it strikes me as those owning it want as little hassle as possible from it. However they are happy to use it as an accounting tool to offset money from elsewhere because they can comfortably afford to at this level. Then it's just there to pick up and play with every time they have a bit of interest or spare time then like a cat they get bored with it again and ignore for a while.

Having people run it here who'll dance to their and their friends and advisors tune and they'll be happy to let it bob along. Just check on it every 6 months in a board meeting. Sadly non of these seem to take place before the Jan window so those in Blackburn are just dealing with whatever loose change they have left in the budget whilst trying to make it last for everything else till summer.

Whatever happens at top level tends to rub off down through a club as we've seen. When nothing happens but money is comfortably there to just plod on that's exactly what will happen. Lack of drive and genuine ambition means water treading.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Weve not spent any time in the play offs in the last 18 months and have spent very little time in the immediate vicinity of them, and when we have, we instantly fall back down. Chuck in a couple of major injuries and no money to make reinforcements and its realism rather tham negativity as to why people consider our top 6 chances to be very slim.

Armstrong and Nyambe are important players but certainly would not get into every team in the league.

Downing has been good, Holtby has yet to consistently impress for various reasons.

I suspect that neutrals would not consider us a major threat.

I appreciate the intelligent reply. In my opinion though the team has not yet quite clicked. This is probably down to Mowbray. If/when it does though, got the makings of an amazing championship team.

Edited by Montyburns
Monday mowbray
  • Like 1

• Backroom
23 minutes ago, Montyburns said:

Armstrong has always been a purple patch player so it remains to be seen if his current form continues. Nyambe is injury prone so until he manages to get a decent run of uninterrupted games we can't pin our hopes on him yet. Jury still out on Holtby despite some impressive moments and also has fitness issues. No argument on Downing. Tosin being a future City captain is wildly speculative, although as a ball-playing defender he's undoubtedly the best we have by some distance.

Rovers still have it all to prove as far as being playoff contenders. We haven't been in the top six at all this season as it stands. Let's crack that first and see where we go from there.

• Like 6

44 minutes ago, Montyburns said:

Not another one that thinks Rovers should be known as Blackburn ? I thought we'd sorted that one out.

• Like 5

45 minutes ago, Montyburns said:

BOOOOO-URNS!

• Like 2