BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

3 minutes ago, Montyburns said:

I wouldn't pick him up front over Armstrong. But defo over Gallagher. Would have had about 6 against Brum in the cup .

We'd probably lose 7-6. 

We play a high pressing game; Rhodes would be a terrible fit. 

I'll take the ultra hard working Gallagher over Rhodes any day.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Not another one that thinks Rovers should be known as Blackburn ? I thought we'd sorted that one out.

You say rovers I say Blackburn. The rest of the country says Blackburn. At the end of the day we all support the same club and want what's best for it.

Screenshot_20200126-231007.png

19 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Re-signing Rhodes would be a backward step in more ways than one.

I'm not sure. As an option I think he'd offer something we don't have. Gallagher could do the dog work around him but to incorporate them both, we would have to have a plan b with proper wingers getting balls across the face of goal. Sadly, Graham is totally knackered now. A fantastic servant for us but a spent force who can still hold up and lay off but needs replacing asap.  Rhodes can't command top dollar anymore and if we can get him in on 15-20k a week, I'd be interested.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, roversfan99 said:

Aimless toil over goals?

I remember when Germany where the best team in the world when they had midfielder Mueller up front. 

Even picking just one match I remember he won a penalty from his 'aimless' closing down. The same game he would've scored in if Armstrong hadn't got in the way. After his excellent finish against Sheff Wednesday hopefully he can go on a good scoring run. 

Just now, Vilesinner said:

I remember when Germany where the best team in the world when they had midfielder Mueller up front. 

Even picking just one match I remember he won a penalty from his 'aimless' closing down. The same game he would've scored in if Armstrong hadn't got in the way. After his excellent finish against Sheff Wednesday hopefully he can go on a good scoring run. 

Thomas Muller doesnt just provide aimless toil, he is a very intelligent player and regular goalscorer. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

We'd probably lose 7-6. 

We play a high pressing game; Rhodes would be a terrible fit. 

I'll take the ultra hard working Gallagher over Rhodes any day.

We 'sometimes' play that way but often do not.

Still i couldn't see Rhodes fitting any of the systems we've seen this season.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Montyburns said:

Far too much negativaty on here. Armstrong and Nyambe are on fire and would get in any team in the league. Holtby and Downing are 2 of the most experienced and classy players in the league.

Tosin a potential future man city captain and you have the recipe for success .

Blackburn are serious playoff contenders. 

Most other seasons and we aren't, but this year, yeah, we genuinely are. All it takes is a little run from here. Nobody besides Fulham, West Brom and Leeds is scary to face.

Just now, LDRover said:

No, but I think there's a few been deep into the class A judging by how many think we're bound for the playoffs,

You think Sheffield Wednesday, Bristol City, Brentford or any other teams we stuffed are better? 

Next match is a big one. Another 6 wins and a draw from 8 would be great! ?

1 hour ago, Montyburns said:

Far too much negativaty on here. Armstrong and Nyambe are on fire and would get in any team in the league. Holtby and Downing are 2 of the most experienced and classy players in the league.

Tosin a potential future man city captain and you have the recipe for success .

Blackburn are serious playoff contenders. 

Lucky to see  3 of them on the park at the same time ! Despite your argument we are without a left back , our selections for the wide positions are stuck in the tombola and we don’t have a genuine goal scorer . Please don’t tell me Armstrong will lead the line and get the 20 goals an aspiring top six side needs from its striker . He’s had 3 or 4 decent games and grabbed a couple of goals recently ( out with penalties). One mad result at Sheffield Weds is clouding a few judgements all of a sudden .
Mathematically , of course we have a chance - as do about 12 other teams . But this manager will self implode if he has to deal with the pressure of that come the business end .

Just like our transfer window dealings and overall transfer policy since he arrived , it’s far easier to make out we tried but just fell short .

We will be a fair way off the top 6 when the final league table is concluded- in my opinion .

• Like 2

4 hours ago, bluebruce said:

Probably the way he has only scored 3 goals this season and doesn't look as clinical or fit as last season.

Armstrong is comfortably our best striker at this point, not Danny. Different type but clearly looking more dangerous of late than Graham.

The DG and Dack combination worked really well but now that Dack is out, the importance of DG is not what it was. Still a great player but certainly on the wane. Besides, we really need to be planning for life without him now. 

3 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

You think Sheffield Wednesday, Bristol City, Brentford or any other teams we stuffed are better? 

Next match is a big one. Another 6 wins and a draw from 8 would be great! ?

I'd put my house on us not making the playoffs, in fact I'd put decent money on us not getting in the top 6 at any time this season.

Feel free to bring this post back if I'm wrong. You won't need to though.

Oh and Brentford will be playoffs minimum, even though we 'stuffed' them 1-0.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

Totally pointless signing Rhodes at this point paying a fortune in wages for a midtable finish.  Different story if they could get his money down to a more realistic level on a free for a few years contract with the aim of setting up to provide him with ammunition.

Just like before though you still need a good defence and keeper at the other end or it's wasted other than keep you comfortable in midtable. 

By the time he learns "how we play" he'll be 32 anyway.

• Like 2

• Backroom
Just now, JacknOry said:

The DG and Dack combination worked really well but now that Dack is out, the importance of DG is not what it was. Still a great player but certainly on the wane. Besides, we really need to be planning for life without him now. 

Tbf I think that's largely because he's been in and out of the side, mostly out. At his age irregular playing time is only going to speed up the decline. I think if he'd been playing regularly the entire season he'd likely be at least at the 8 or 9 goal mark, but Mowbray has made the decision to phase him out and he'll be gone in the summer, so we will have no choice but to plan for the future without him. Better hope one of Brereton or Gallagher comes good soon :unsure:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

No, playing for the right manager count for alot and a manager who will help you develop and get better. Playing for Birmingham City did nothing for his development. Poor choice of a club for him. Thats one of the reasons I wouldnt loan Buckley out right now. Keep him here. 

Look at Swansea and why Liverpool and Chelses will loan their players to Cooper. Cos he will aide and help their development of the player. 

and, in the main, that's why players don't develop at Rovers.

IMO, Mowbray hinders young players as opposed to helping them.

Brereton's confidence is shot whilst, largely, Gallagher is played out of position.  Whose fault is that !?!?

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Would be awful choice. 35k. Our top earners are on half of that according Rich Sharpe. 

Not needed. 

Why the feck would any club want to pay Rhodes £35k per week.

Sit on your arse in Sheffield son and draw your money if that's what you want.

If he wants to play football, I think he needs to realise he's a £10k a week man and that's being generous! 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, LDRover said:

I'd put my house on us not making the playoffs, in fact I'd put decent money on us not getting in the top 6 at any time this season.

Feel free to bring this post back if I'm wrong. You won't need to though.

Oh and Brentford will be playoffs minimum, even though we 'stuffed' them 1-0.

I already have backed us at 20/1 for promotion. Before Dack's injury; have quite a bit on it. There aren't 6 teams better than us. If we can keep key players fit we can certainly make the playoffs. 

• Like 2