BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Patience is a virtue. Look it’s the same story throughout the championship, there is simply hardly any clubs awash with cash. Even Brentford who made millions in sales are not spending because they have had to stump up a wad for their stadium move. Rovers need to shed the squad and allow the youth to flourish 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

This time least season how many of Sheffield United's players did you think were ready for the Premier League ? In fact how many do you think are " Premier League " players at the moment ? How many big clubs are in for their " stars " ? There's more to it than individual skills. It's about, organisation, motivation, self belief etc. Most of all it's about having a good manager. That's were my argument falls down as far as Rovers are concerned.

Going back in the mists of time we would have been OK going up with Ken Furphy, Jim Smith, Gordon Lee or Howard Kendall in charge. OK we'd lose more than we won but we'd make a fight of staying up. Unfortunately our current manager isn't as streetwise as they were.

Yea kind of point I was making, to survive you either need an above average champ squad or a very good manager that knows how to, we have neither at the moment 

• Moderation Lead
11 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

His development over the 2 years he wasnt here did stop his all round game developing. 

If Gallagher wants to be playing regularly then he has to go wide. No forward role available. Armstrong is our number 9 and hes suits the role. Wasnt suited much to wide role but just got on with his role and tried his best. Yes Gallagher isnt a winger but we dont with natural wide man anyway. Mowbray likes Wide forwards or a wide player cutting in like Rothwell

If Armstrong is our number 9, fine, but then that means we need to play wingers on the wing and Gallagher needs to be on the bench.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, gumboots said:

Replying to 47er

They know what they need and scout several players who might fit the hole in their squad and be available. If someone says no they dont hang around too long.  They move on to the next on the list. That's what proper clubs do

Its a long way from what we do! In fact, we waited a year for Bauer to become available and when he did we made no move to sign him!

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, 47er said:

Its a long way from what we do! In fact, we waited a year for Bauer to become available and when he did we made no move to sign him!

The story goes that he was not impressed with Mowbray or Tesco when they held talks.  This isnt the only time this has happened 

Groundhog day at Rovers with the same old excuses and soundbites coming from the club. 

Nearly 4 weeks into the window and only now realising that top targets might be too expensive. Have we done any homework? 

Pretending as though the Dack injury has thrown everything into chaos. 5 weeks nearly since that happened. 

It strikes me as amateur hour. Life on easy street with no funds and no pressure to deliver. 

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DE. said:

At this stage of the season the table doesn't lie. We're past the half way point and 10 other teams have been better than us and accrued more points, that's just a fact regardless of any other speculations. It doesn't mean we can't go on to have a storming second half of the season and ultimately finish top six, but there's no real evidence pointing to that happening right now. What we've seen is the same old story of the team collapsing mentally when we get within touching distance of the playoff positions, only to start playing well again when we're back in mid-table with the pressure valve off. 

I'd like nothing better than for the manager and the players to prove me wrong, but unfortunately I don't think they have it in them. 

I disagree. We are an infinitely better side when Tosin, Lenihan and Nyambe are in the back 4. And the teams above us we hammered are not better than us; neither are Forest and Preston. Keeping our defenders fit is the key.

Smallwood can go for me, regardless of incomings. Downing, Travis, Davenport, Evans (whenever he's back) all ahead of him for me, and personally prefer Bennett as a defensive midfielder than as a wing back or a wide midfielder if necessary. 

• Backroom
6 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

I disagree. We are an infinitely better side when Tosin, Lenihan and Nyambe are in the back 4. And the teams above us we hammered are not better than us; neither are Forest and Preston. Keeping our defenders fit is the key.

They are better than us because they have more points than us. As a team they have all been more effective than we have over the past 28 games or so. Every team has to deal with injuries, that's why squad depth and not relying on injury prone players are a part of long-term planning. Lenihan and Nyambe being constantly injured isn't bad luck, it's natural for both of them. If we can't account for that then we can't chalk it up to bad luck, it's just poor planning. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DE. said:

They are better than us because they have more points than us. As a team they have all been more effective than we have over the past 28 games or so. Every team has to deal with injuries, that's why squad depth and not relying on injury prone players are a part of long-term planning. Lenihan and Nyambe being constantly injured isn't bad luck, it's natural for both of them. If we can't account for that then we can't chalk it up to bad luck, it's just poor planning. 

Some have stronger numbers in squad strength, but all would miss such key players. I wouldn't swap Tosin, Lenihan, Nyambe, Travis, Downing and JRC for any in the league. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

His development over the 2 years he wasnt here did stop his all round game developing. 

If Gallagher wants to be playing regularly then he has to go wide. No forward role available. Armstrong is our number 9 and hes suits the role. Wasnt suited much to wide role but just got on with his role and tried his best. Yes Gallagher isnt a winger but we dont with natural wide man anyway. Mowbray likes Wide forwards or a wide player cutting in like Rothwell

But he cannot play wide full stop. You dont have to defend it when youve said previously that you disagree with it, you are trying to justify it because Mowbray has done it. If he cannot get in the team in his natural position, then he should play at all. This wide forward bollocks doesnt work either. Its neither helping the players development or more importantly benefitting the team.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Some have stronger numbers in squad strength, but all would miss such key players. I wouldn't swap Tosin, Lenihan, Nyambe, Travis, Downing and JRC for any in the league. 

You seriously think that each of those players you listed are the best in the league in their positions?

• Like 2