BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

25 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not every striker is a 20 a goal striker either. Gallagher isn't a focal point type of striker. We are trying to move on from playing that way and playing differently and using Armstrong pace and movement so allow Holtby and Rothwell more space to creative 

Apart from dismantling a  10 man Sheffield Wednesday last time out, its a style of play which has looked inept and toothless for a lot of the season.

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

The gallagher bashing is a bit ridiculous imo, not many young lads join a team and start banging them in first season. What I see is a determination to work hard and learn. Has he paid off the 5 mill fee - not yet, but I think he will. He dropped down in level and wage to get game time, he isn’t content on sitting on a bench. Is he the finished article- no. Is he a natural finisher- no. But if he was he wouldn’t be here. What I would like to see is for him to be taught to get into scoring positions, when to make runs etc, I think that’s what he lacks. At times he is trying to do too much himself by dropping back. But that’s what the criticism of Rhodes was- all he done was finish, we can’t have it all. I have seen him score some cracking goals, I’m convinced he will come good, I ask for a bit of patience with him. Brereton is a different kettle of fish I’m afraid.....

for reference- gallagher has the same number of goals as Sam vokes this season who I regard as a very good striker. 

I'm sorry but to pay 5 million on a 24 year old striker and then have to teach him how to make runs and get into goal scoring positions beats the shit out of me.

• Like 6

50 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

so with 4 days to go let me recap the last 197 pages :-

no money

no transfers

no pies

no hope

And not even a European scout . But then it took us a long time to sign any body outside Teeside or south of Watford .

1 minute ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Way too late for this window, all this should have been sorted out in November or December. Even if we had no money to spend there's an obvious and pressing need to shift out our deadwood and the window could have been put to good use by doing this but no doubt any half hearted attempts will come to nothing at this late stage.

It really does make you wonder what Waggott does to justify his no doubt not inconsiderable salary when we cant even get our ducks in a row in time for the transfer windows. I'd say every one has been a disaster since he arrived. What else does he have to sort out all year?

Absolutely pinching a living is Stevie boy. This reminds me. What is Mike Cheston up to these days? The man who said Coyle was the outstanding candidate. And Agnew. And Derek Shelfy Shaw? And Shebby, I'll call one of our senior players a pensioner in an interview, Singh? We have had some absolute imbeciles in important, decision making roles. Corrupt imbeciles too. Could easily have been a mirror of Bolton with a role call of idiots like that. Apologies for not keeping on thread.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

@roversfan99 @chaddyrovers

You two wanna get a room? ?.

Not my type. ?

Me and him have these discussions about Gallagher, how to use him and his strengths last summer before my ban was up..its just seems like I'm having the same discussions again with him. It just gets boring repeating myself to him

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i tell thee all,mowbray has no say in the transfer policy of incomings and outgoings,of course he/waggot won`t ever publicly admit it,it would make tony look a right lemon,ask yourself why a tactically cautious manager would blow 12 million quid on two strikers,one unproven and who appears to be a duckegg and the other who`s limited,never plays his correct role and won`t get you 15/20 goals a season,im`e of the opinion that tony will resign with a pay off at the end of the season

You mean agents and other shady characters are having a say in the running of our club and impacting on who we sign? No chance. That would never happen surely.

6 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not my type. ?

Me and him have these discussions about Gallagher, how to use him and his strengths last summer before my ban was up..its just seems like I'm having the same discussions again with him. It just gets boring repeating myself to him

The fact you keep repeating yourself to him doesn't mean you're right! 

?

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not my type. ?

Mainly because you don't engage with any points that show TM in a negative light... 

• Like 1

You mean agents and other shady characters are having a say in the running of our club and impacting on who we sign? No chance. That would never happen surely. 

it would`nt be the first time would it?,though this time it`s more likely to venky`s and one of their indian ambassadors that are calling the shots on transfers

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

i tell thee all,mowbray has no say in the transfer policy of incomings and outgoings,of course he/waggot won`t ever publicly admit it.

I know for a fact that Mowbray and Tesco meet players for talks. It's not all done behind his back, crikey mate hes been in football a long time, he's right in the thick of it.....

17 minutes ago, LDRover said:

I'm sorry but to pay 5 million on a 24 year old striker and then have to teach him how to make runs and get into goal scoring positions beats the shit out of me.

It’s about learning to play with players in behind him though , when do they release the ball, do they go to the byline or more from deep, he hasn’t been given enough time to gel with the players imo. I do think he is trying too hard, expectation of transfer fee. I think rovers fans can at times be too critical of players , particularly strikers. I don’t want another Kevin Davies/James Beattie  situation where he flourishes somewhere else 

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The dingles got rid of Vokes at the right time. His best days are behind him now. I thought he was a poor signing for Stoke.

Respect your opinion but I quite rate vokes, granted his best days are behind him. See a slightly younger Danny Graham in him 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

It’s about learning to play with players in behind him though , when do they release the ball, do they go to the byline or more from deep, he hasn’t been given enough time to gel with the players imo. I do think he is trying too hard, expectation of transfer fee. I think rovers fans can at times be too critical of players , particularly strikers. I don’t want another Kevin Davies/James Beattie  situation where he flourishes somewhere else 

Its impossible to try too hard. Ultimately, its difficult not to be critical of a big money striker whose strike record per minute is up there with the very worst in the league.

19 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Not my type. ?

As a neutral, I need to tell you it's because you're almost always unable to provide him with a convincing counter argument. You repeat yourself because you don't have a better argument to offer even though your first wasn't convincing. You keep saying things like 'I already told you I think'. He knows what you told him you think, he's a smart guy. He's trying to tell you, you might well think it but your argument doesn't stack up because x, y or z. If you dont have anything new to reply with, I'd recommend you don't reply instead of repeating yourself to all of us.

Hope that helps. I'm not trying to have a go, just telling you how it comes across.

• Like 5

3 hours ago, Tugayisgod said:

The recruitment of a European scout is an appointment which will hopefully pay dividends for years to come, not one transfer window. 

This should have been done as soon as Mowbray arrived not 2 years later

Edited by andyroversmad
  • Like 4

49 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Comparing Shearer to Gallagher is just daft. Shearer is one off striker. Best Striker in the PL history and I don't think I've ever seen a better striker in my lifetime.

No, far from it - but from my point of view, excusing away a 24year old's poor technical ability as if he is a young academy player is daft.  

But ok..ignore Shearer...so what's your excuse when we compare Gallagher's stats against the more mortal Rhodes (signed when 22) or Gestede (signed at 24/25) Matt Jansen who after banging in goals at the top two levels would be suffering his injury around Gallagher's current age...or even a much younger John Stead who (unlike Gally) could score at the top level at 21?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AdamRochina said:

its going to take him a few months to see our style of play and then go out and scout players for our style of play..

If anybody actually knows what our style of play is . Mowbray doesn’t know either .

49 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

As a neutral, I need to tell you it's because you're almost always unable to provide him with a convincing counter argument. You repeat yourself because you don't have a better argument to offer even though your first wasn't convincing. You keep saying things like 'I already told you I think'. He knows what you told him you think, he's a smart guy. He's trying to tell you, you might well think it but your argument doesn't stack up because x, y or z. If you dont have anything new to reply with, I'd recommend you don't reply instead of repeating yourself to all of us.

Hope that helps. I'm not trying to have a go, just telling you how it comes across.

Prob best all round if a few others take this advice. Seems as though the answer to every question on every thread at the moment is how bad Mowbray is, what a waste of money Gally and Brereton are and how we don’t have a pot to piss in...so repetitive in fact that I’d be expecting bans for “inflammatory behaviour” if I hadn’t seen who continually ‘like’ them...??

• Like 2

all this talk of european scouting is pointless,for whatever reason,we can`t even arrange a loan deal or transfer from this country,mowbray in the telegraph,bemoans the difficulty in getting a deal done,ffs tony,other clubs don`t seem to have a problem,quite how you are going to get deals done from europe is beyond me

• Like 3

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Prob best all round if a few others take this advice. Seems as though the answer to every question on every thread at the moment is how bad Mowbray is, what a waste of money Gally and Brereton are and how we don’t have a pot to piss in...so repetitive in fact that I’d be expecting bans for “inflammatory behaviour” if I hadn’t seen who continually ‘like’ them...??

Specifically in the transfer thread, theres absolutely nothing to discuss so the alternative to discussing major issues (the 12m we have spent and the managers performance, both key factors in us having certain issues with the squas and an empty kitty) is absolutely no discussion at all to be fair.