BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

As someone has already suggested, Luke Freeman seems to fit the profile. We were interested in him before he moved to Sheff Utd and they've also been on a cup run. I'd be incredibly surprised if we managed to sign some of the big names that have been mentioned so far.

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 hour ago, Exiled_Rover said:

How the mighty have fallen.

What a sad state our club is in if that statement is 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.hammers.news/club-news/exwhuemployee-provides-update-on-michail-antonio-that-west-ham-fans-will-love/amp/

He's literally the main man West Ham are hoping can save them from relegation.  

"The 29 year old is vitally important to the Hammers.......his return to the team gave West Ham an entirely different facet to their attacking play."

Just now, islander200 said:

Sky were reporting this morning that Forest are hoping to sign Freeman but it will be dependent on Sheff United signing Berge

Some rumblings (maybe Nixon started, don't know) that Forest are after Freeman on loan. Suggests that he might be available, but then again they might be a slightly more attractive option than Rovers at present seeing as they're potentially going for the top 2. 

Honestly can't think of many PL wingers I'd be unhappy with. I reckon the only thing that would piss me off is if we signed an 18 year old from someone else's academy instead of just playing JRC...

6 minutes ago, Mike E said:

On a whim, and only a whim, I'm thinking Ibe on loan, view to signing in Summer after his contract's up.

Might be right. Started ZERO games this season for them, played 2% of their entire minutes of football accumulated. Signed him for £16m from Liverpool, would be an absolute steal for us.

Just now, JoeH said:

Might be right. Started ZERO games this season for them, played 2% of their entire minutes of football accumulated. Signed him for £16m from Liverpool, would be an absolute steal for us.

You have to question why he hasn’t played though that said would be good business 

Ibe is one of those players who I only know by appearance and reputation, rather than having seen him play a lot. His goal record, apart from a brief loan at Derby a couple of years ago looks pretty dire, it has to be said. Having said that, he obviously must have something about him to get 100+ PL games when he's just turned 24.

If it's him, I'd be cautiously excited, especially if it's linked to a permanent deal, although I've no clue how realistic that would be. 

So we're on the exact same points as this time last year, when we didn't strengthen in positions we desperately needed to, and then went on a horrendous run.

Has TM learnt his lessons or is he scrabbling around the loan market at the last minute? 

I can see which way this is going and it's very frustrating. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Honestly can't think of many PL wingers I'd be unhappy with. I reckon the only thing that would piss me off is if we signed an 18 year old from someone else's academy instead of just playing JRC...

I'd bet good money it will be along these lines rather than Ibe, Albrighton or Antonio (all pie in the sky). Prepare to be dissapointed is my motto when it comes to our transfer dealings.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 1