BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

I know it matters very little coming from a stranger on the internet, but you only need to worry if they decide they want out.

It’s unbelievable to think, but 170m is very little to Venkys. If the league allowed it they’d be spending millions ever single window. 

There comes a time when an owner decides enough is enough.  Hayward (Wolves), Davies (Bolton) and Whelan (Bolton) readily come to mind.

What is the V's tipping point?

Relatively, £100 might mean very little to you but you wouldn't want to keep losing £100 several times over!!!

Just now, Mercer said:

There comes a time when an owner decides enough is enough.  Hayward (Wolves), Davies (Bolton) and Whelan (Bolton) readily come to mind.

What is the V's tipping point?

Relatively, £100 might mean very little to you but you wouldn't want to keep losing £100 several times over!!!

They are billionaires. They make 100s of millions per year. It doesnt matter to them.

Just now, callumrovers said:

They are billionaires. They make 100s of millions per year. It doesnt matter to them.

Uncertain of their total wealth but I haven't seen any financials which show they make "100s of millions per year" or anything remotely close to that.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

Uncertain of their total wealth but I haven't seen any financials which show they make "100s of millions per year" or anything remotely close to that.

They own thousands of miles squared of prime land in one of the worlds most upcoming regions. They’ve never been richer. 

• Like 2

• Backroom
13 minutes ago, J*B said:

It’s unbelievable to think, but 170m is very little to Venkys. If the league allowed it they’d be spending millions ever single window. 

News like that is just more frustrating.

If that's the case why the hell don't they box a bit clever, and dodge something up to enable them to spend the money? Do a scam stadium sponsorship etc.

Every other club seems to be doing it in the Championship. 

We're the only chumps sat on our hands.

The only way for them to get some money, and respect, back is promotion. The only way to get promotion is to spend money.

You say they have money, so surely find a way to spend it. 

I just don't get it. We're coasting to oblivion. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, J*B said:

They own thousands of miles squared of prime land in one of the worlds most upcoming regions. They’ve never been richer. 

How I understand it as SBOI have security on a part of land which is prime. They lend basically the equivalent in rising land value each year and venous make up the shortfall

Just now, Silas said:

News like that is just more frustrating.

If that's the case why the hell don't they box a bit clever, and dodge something up to enable them to spend the money? Do a scam stadium sponsorship etc.

Every other club seems to be doing it in the Championship. 

We're the only chumps sat on our hands.

The only way for them to get some money, and respect, back is promotion. The only way to get promotion is to spend money.

You say they have money, so surely find a way to spend it. 

I just don't get it. We're coasting to oblivion. 

Il be honest I like the fact we are not cheating 

• Backroom
Just now, Scotland1 said:

Il be honest I like the fact we are not cheating 

Really?!

If you can't beat em, join em.

And we certainly can't beat em at the moment. 

I admire your principals,  but the reality is they aren't gonna make 170 mill disappear, and they aren't gonna get us back playing in the Prem again.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Silas said:

Really?!

I admire your principals,  but the reality is they aren't gonna make 170 mill disappear, and they aren't gonna get us back playing in the Prem again.

and we don't have the money to spunk 10/20/30 million+ to get us up. And if we did would you trust TM to spend it?. You can get out this league on a low budget, teams have proved that, were in a position where we need to get lucky and get promoted on the cheap. It will be a guaranteed relegation from the prem if we did go up with a poor squad (it will be like norwich), but it will help clear some debt.Thats the reality, we almost need to go up, accept relegation by staying with a cheap squad and not over spend, clear the debt from premier league money and hope we can go up a 2nd time to completely remove the debt. It sounds impossible but that's probably the only scenario if getting debt free under them.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RoversClitheroe said:

Swear he's been selected for England in the past 4 years then struggled with injury? He'd be the best player in the championship by a long way ha

We used to have Shearer, Tugay and McCarthy.

Fabulous for him that he'd be the best player in the Championship - the fact that's even relevant to us is my point.

FFP in its current form won’t be around for more than a season or two now. It’s a shambles and a bigger and bigger majority of clubs each year at the annual 72 club EFL AGM vote against its existence, and its sanctions.

Unfortunately FFP only hurts smaller clubs, and every year the 3 PL sides that come down are dead set against any changes in fear they’d lose their £100m a year relegation reparations in the form of parachute payments.

I read from Andy Holt at Accy Stanley that it requires 75% of more of the clubs to all vote for it, and it seems to get closer to that figure each season.

They either need to up the limit, or scrap the idea altogether. Championship clubs simply can’t compete with the spending of the three relegated PL sides each year, and it’s impossible to get promoted without breaking FFP rules.

Itll change, and when it does, I think Venkys will go big. They clearly want to throw money at it, I think it’s Waggott and Mowbray who are advising caution for FFP and pressure reasons.

1 hour ago, J*B said:

I know it matters very little coming from a stranger on the internet, but you only need to worry if they decide they want out.

Why didn't they do that when we were still in the Prem ?

• Like 3

36 minutes ago, Silas said:

Really?!

Principles.

Have we signed anyone yet? 

Just now, JoeH said:

FFP in its current form won’t be around for more than a season or two now. It’s a shambles and a bigger and bigger majority of clubs each year at the annual 72 club EFL AGM vote against its existence, and its sanctions.

Unfortunately FFP only hurts smaller clubs, and every year the 3 PL sides that come down are dead set against any changes in fear they’d lose their £100m a year relegation reparations in the form of parachute payments.

I read from Andy Holt at Accy Stanley that it requires 75% of more of the clubs to all vote for it, and it seems to get closer to that figure each season.

They either need to up the limit, or scrap the idea altogether. Championship clubs simply can’t compete with the spending of the three relegated PL sides each year, and it’s impossible to get promoted without breaking FFP rules.

Itll change, and when it does, I think Venkys will go big. They clearly want to throw money at it, I think it’s Waggott and Mowbray who are advising caution for FFP and pressure reasons.

Well they would be better off throwing what they can at it ,rather than drip feed the same amount over years or decades and go nowhere

Mowbray is doing well operating within the current restraints, allowing for the fact he spent 6 mil on BB

BB will great a crucial goal yet that will make it all worthwhile...hopefully! 

This is our year ?

As I’ve said a few times, there is ZERO pressure from Venkys on expenditure. The manager, staff and players ask and they get.

The only problem is ffp....if it were upto Venkys they’d spend whatever it took to get up. They never curtailed spending at the beginning either. Shame SEM didn’t have any top players at the time ?

11 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They did to a point. Squandered millions by putting it in the wrong hands. 

Show you working out lol.

Outgoings-off the top of my head-Jones, Samba, kalinic were £33 million plus. 

Incomings-from memory anyway-were cheap tat..

Edited by Leonard Venkhater
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

These are financial facts Chaddy.

V's are now in for £180million+ and growing by the week.

It's fair to say any rational person with a degree of financial acumen would doubt the position is sustainable.

Yes our key players are still here - let's hope that is still the case come Saturday morning! 

But yet Venkys keep funding the club time after time despite yourself with a degree of financial acumen claiming several times over the years of a tipping point. It's never happened.

Of course it will be. 

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Principles.

Have we signed anyone yet? 

Perhaps I was referring to the education system that installed such good morals. 

They not from Scotland,  Connecticut?

Oops, my bad. ?

12 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Show you working out lol.

Outgoings-off the top of my head-Jones, Samba, kalinic were £33 million plus. 

Incomings-from memory anyway-were cheap tat..

I think Kalinic was before their time. 

Look something dodgy went on with Kean and Anderson. I think Venkys took a huge scalding from that and I'd say we don't know the half of it. They have out serious money in since then. Just look at the figures. 

• Like 1