BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

3 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

lets face the facts,the budget has been blown on gallagher and brereton,there is no more money to spend,thus no incomings the rest of the season season,just tell us truth and stop sending mowbray out with false statements of intent

Breo for the play-off final winner 

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think Kalinic was before their time. 

Look something dodgy went on with Kean and Anderson. I think Venkys took a huge scalding from that and I'd say we don't know the half of it. They have out serious money in since then. Just look at the figures. 

Kalinic played at WBA for Kean,I know that. Scored two and got sent off, I think. Not sure he ever played again, mind you.

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, ruggles1995 said:

and we don't have the money to spunk 10/20/30 million+ to get us up. And if we did would you trust TM to spend it?. You can get out this league on a low budget, teams have proved that, were in a position where we need to get lucky and get promoted on the cheap. It will be a guaranteed relegation from the prem if we did go up with a poor squad (it will be like norwich), but it will help clear some debt.Thats the reality, we almost need to go up, accept relegation by staying with a cheap squad and not over spend, clear the debt from premier league money and hope we can go up a 2nd time to completely remove the debt. It sounds impossible but that's probably the only scenario if getting debt free under them.

Agree that this is the only scenario in which we can get debt free. 

The biggest challenge is part 1 getting up. That's the nearest thing to impossibility - I can't see the current management getting us up. (And even then it is still technically possible.) 

Once that has happened it's a lot easier to build a squad for the second promotion using a fraction/proportion of the premiership money windfall and some parachute payments, with the allure of a year's prem football included too. That's what Burnley did so successfully, and I think a large number of clubs have also bounced back within a season or two. So I think the hardest part of the plan is stage 1 going up first time. 

If you manage to stay up a second season like Hudds, then providing we don't spend crazy in either year the debt would also be wiped off this way too. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I think Kalinic was before their time. 

Look something dodgy went on with Kean and Anderson. I think Venkys took a huge scalding from that and I'd say we don't know the half of it. They have out serious money in since then. Just look at the figures. 

Kalinic was definitely still around. He led the line a couple of times for Kean when he first took charge.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

lets face the facts,the budget has been blown on gallagher and brereton,there is no more money to spend,thus no incomings the rest of the season season,just tell us truth and stop sending mowbray out with false statements of intent

Still hoping then?

4 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

Agree that this is the only scenario in which we can get debt free. 

The biggest challenge is part 1 getting up. That's the nearest thing to impossibility - I can't see the current management getting us up. (And even then it is still technically possible.) 

Once that has happened it's a lot easier to build a squad for the second promotion using a fraction/proportion of the premiership money windfall and some parachute payments, with the allure of a year's prem football included too. That's what Burnley did so successfully, and I think a large number of clubs have also bounced back within a season or two. So I think the hardest part of the plan is stage 1 going up first time. 

If you manage to stay up a second season like Hudds, then providing we don't spend crazy in either year the debt would also be wiped off this way too. 

It's all relative though. Many clubs have fucked up the parachute payments. I suppose the way the wages are in the premier League, that's why it's there. 

Burnley have negotiated it to a tee. God damn Dyche. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ok. Forgot that. 

They didn't understand football and were being advised by charlatans. 

Yeah it was a shame he was moved on. A bit rough around the edges but he had loads of potential. Proved himself at Europa League level after he left. 

Venky’s have made a series of expensive blunders, mostly paying off managers and gagging orders but it’s a myth that they’ve always been willing to flash the cash in the transfer market. Take into account the money from Jones, Samba, Kalinic and Nzonzi, and our net spend was pretty low.

• Like 6

Just now, Amo said:

Venky’s have made a series of expensive blunders, mostly paying off managers and gagging orders but it’s a myth that they’ve always been willing to flash the cash in the transfer market. Take into account the money from Jones, Samba, Kalinic and Nzonzi, and our net spend was pretty low.

We were "taken" down!

Last year's lack of transfer activity in the January window cost us massively, to let that happen again would be criminal.

That said, if there's no money, there's no money. I find it strange a loan signing was imminent over a week ago but still nothing has happened.

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Amo said:

You are only looking at premier League though. We got peanuts for N'zonzi. Signed Dann and a few other cloggers. It's since then they have had to pump in millions. Imagine we stayed up and they gave Allardyce what we have squandered since. That would could potentially have worked out amazing for both him and us. 

42 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

Kalinic played at WBA for Kean,I know that. Scored two and got sent off, I think. Not sure he ever played again, mind you.

Not when they got wind there was 5 million fee to come if they could get him to the door.

%%%%%

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nice. I mean it's another CB in with Mulgrew. You can't discount Magloire and then say we don't pay enough young lads. 

If it's a case of wriggle room with budgets I would take those 2 if it means we get a decent loan or 2 in

He barely played for Rochdale, he played at RB in his last game and was taken off in the first half. Suspect he will be loaned out elsewhere, wouldnt feel comfortable sticking him into our first team. 

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

As I’ve said a few times, there is ZERO pressure from Venkys on expenditure. The manager, staff and players ask and they get.

The only problem is ffp....if it were upto Venkys they’d spend whatever it took to get up. They never curtailed spending at the beginning either. Shame SEM didn’t have any top players at the time ?

You are massively overestimating their committment and interest in the club I suspect, they didnt have this attitude prior to FFP supposedly taking hold.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

You are only looking at premier League though. We got peanuts for N'zonzi. Signed Dann and a few other cloggers. It's since then they have had to pump in millions. Imagine we stayed up and they gave Allardyce what we have squandered since. That would could potentially have worked out amazing for both him and us. 

Well, the original point was that from day one Venky’s have been willing to spend money, but most of the money was recouped from player sales. It wasn’t a QPR or Portsmouth type scenario, although we all went the same way.

And we’ve hardly broke the bank in the Championship. Even in our first year down when we signed Rhodes, Best etc. our net spend was still only approx £5m.

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

It's all relative though. Many clubs have fucked up the parachute payments. I suppose the way the wages are in the premier League, that's why it's there. 

Burnley have negotiated it to a tee. God damn Dyche. 

Yeah it's not a guarantee by any stretch. But it is relatively easier to get promoted again if a year in the Prem and parachute payments are used properly. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

He barely played for Rochdale, he played at RB in his last game and was taken off in the first half. Suspect he will be loaned out elsewhere, wouldnt feel comfortable sticking him into our first team. 

He's been injured for 3 months. 

Just now, roversfan99 said:

You are massively overestimating their committment and interest in the club I suspect, they didnt have this attitude prior to FFP supposedly taking hold.

Buying Rhodes, Best, etc plus paying 35k.a week for players. 

6 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

He did alright for us. Handy as back up,but you are probably right about him moving again 

6 minutes ago, Amo said:

Well, the original point was that from day one Venky’s have been willing to spend money, but most of the money was recouped from player sales. It wasn’t a QPR or Portsmouth type scenario, although we all went the same way.

And we’ve hardly broke the bank in the Championship. Even in our first year down when we signed Rhodes, Best etc. our net spend was still only approx £5m.

Man,look at how much they have put in.