BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

6 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Venks 'would' spend whatever it took to get us up if they could'

Wash your mouth out they wouldn't ever even spend on a top class manager never mind stave off relegation with some decent signings or give Paul Lambert at least the Rhodes money they'd promised him !! Or for that matter a decent wedge to Bowyer after he'd made them a fortune and steered us through FFP !!!!

That statement has to be the biggest baloney on here in a long time. Even if they wanted to in years ago the money had to be used to pay off the complete mess they'd made and get rid of their 'like family' friends. Friends of those fiends who then delivered us Owen Coyle and still hang around to this day !

Some people will say anything to spin the truth there's a fine line between positive thinking and outright spin. Statements like that boil my blood it is exactly the tripe put about by Nixon and co last time we were about to go into embargo !

Ahh the irony. So Venkys are £180m in and accused of not being willing to spend their money whilst some on here can’t find it in themselves to part with £25 for a match day ticket but apparently are ‘Rovers through and through’.

And I’m talking ‘baloney’! Ok pal ????

• Like 2

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Ahh the irony. So Venkys are £180m in and accused of not being willing to spend their money whilst some on here can’t find it in themselves to part with £25 for a match day ticket but apparently are ‘Rovers through and through’.

If I had £180m spare, the club would still be in the PL, and we would have an average gate of 20,000 plus, and I've never played PL manager. But I love the club, and have a good deal more insight than they have. Unbelievable!

• Like 3

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Those clubs didn't all rely on investment. Those that did have big crowds. The ones that didn't were a combination of good management, getting signings right etc. Looking at where we are now, we are like may clubs that are in the mix. Mowbray is doing well. If we got gates of 30,000 plus per week then we could have expectations of loaning those game changers. 

How do we make money? Honest question. 

I don't really want to derail the thread much further. My original issue was with the claim (i believe ludicrous) that these owners are ready and willing to invest whatever it takes but can't. 

I think that is nonsense and I've seen absolutely nothing in the last 7 years to make me think otherwise.

Back to those clubs - Brighton were playing on an athletics pitch when their owner took over - look at them now - he sunk in £200 million or something like that and they are now unrecognisble. Their crowds have grown accordingly. 

Wolves, Bournemouth weren't getting 30,000+ crowds. Bournemouth smaller than ours and Wolves perhaps 5000 more than us most weeks.

We make money by bringing in more sponsors (including some from beyond Blackburn with Darwen). How about some international sponsors like most other Championship sides have?

Am I supposed to believe that a family business like Venkys, the biggest poultry company in India, 100 companies, billionaires, in business for 40+ years have no ability to do some deals with friends of theirs to get some extra money into the club?

• Like 3

Just now, Proudtobeblue&white said:

If I had £180m spare, the club would still be in the PL, and we would have an average gate of 20,000 plus, and I've never played PL manager. But I love the club, and have a good deal more insight than they have. Unbelievable!

Yeah, course it would mate ??

Just now, JHRover said:

I don't really want to derail the thread much further. My original issue was with the claim (i believe ludicrous) that these owners are ready and willing to invest whatever it takes but can't. 

I think that is nonsense and I've seen absolutely nothing in the last 7 years to make me think otherwise.

Back to those clubs - Brighton were playing on an athletics pitch when their owner took over - look at them now - he sunk in £200 million or something like that and they are now unrecognisble. Their crowds have grown accordingly. 

Wolves, Bournemouth weren't getting 30,000+ crowds. Bournemouth smaller than ours and Wolves perhaps 5000 more than us most weeks.

We make money by bringing in more sponsors (including some from beyond Blackburn with Darwen). How about some international sponsors like most other Championship sides have?

Am I supposed to believe that a family business like Venkys, the biggest poultry company in India, 100 companies, billionaires, in business for 40+ years have no ability to do some deals with friends of theirs to get some extra money into the club?

They have little interest in the grand scheme of things. My point was they have out a lot of money in. Mowbray is doing well. 

Just now, Proudtobeblue&white said:

A fucking expensive pride. Out of sight, out of mind. Good job they don't run the rest of their global portfolio in the same way, they'd be on Universal Credit.

Ya. People are people. I have no doubt that Balaji decided it was "good idea" and then it all unravelled. Pride has kept them involved, to theirs and our detriment. 

2 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

There you go again spinning it back to the fans your arrogance knows no bounds

Spin more than the average hotpoint you matey, stop insulting people with your barbed jibes from your clueless mates 'inside' the club and for once tell us something true ?

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They clearly were. Do you think they wanted us to get relegated and therefore out hundreds of millions in? Makes no sense. 

You say Venky’s were badly advised. How would you feel if it turned out they were still making key decisions based on the recommendations of those responsible for said bad advice? And what if those people who did the bad advising were still profiting from their involvement?

Be really interested to hear yours and others thoughts on this.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Miller11 said:

You say Venky’s were badly advised. How would you feel if it turned out they were still making key decisions based on the recommendations of those responsible for said bad advice? And what if those people who did the bad advising were still profiting from their involvement?

Be really interested to hear yours and others thoughts on this.

Be really interested if you're trying to provide information here or just speculating.

29 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

They clearly were. Do you think they wanted us to get relegated and therefore out hundreds of millions in? Makes no sense. 

They unconditionally backed Kean despite narrowly avoiding relegation in his first season and taking us down the year after. He still had to resign in the end.

Let no man claim ignorance as an excuse.

• Like 6

16 minutes ago, TruRover said:

I know he’s abit of a meme on here

But a new club which is mid-table championship has come in for Maddison. Could be us.

"Another club midway in the Championship has come in; they're about to sell players and if that happens, a deal could be agreed tomorrow morning. It's down to the player and those clubs."

doesn't sound like us, who are we selling?

This player we are allegedly close to has to be Maddison, Peterborough chairman has said 2 deals with brum and charlton fell through and now a mid table championship team are in and are trying to structure payments, in the meantime  Addison will NOT get back into the Peterborough team ever!

• Like 1

• Backroom
1 minute ago, davulsukur said:

"Another club midway in the Championship has come in; they're about to sell players and if that happens, a deal could be agreed tomorrow morning. It's down to the player and those clubs."

Didn't someone on here say Mowbray was actively trying to move a few players on ASAP? Maybe this is why. 

4 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

This player we are allegedly close to has to be Maddison, Peterborough chairman has said 2 deals with brum and charlton fell through and now a mid table championship team are in and are trying to structure payments, in the meantime  Addison will NOT get back into the Peterborough team ever!

•  

When was this said? 

12 minutes ago, davulsukur said:

Think only the sale of someone like Lenihan would enable us to sign Maddison.  We have Mulgrew and Magloire back so Tony might think are are covered at the back!!!

2 minutes ago, Mercer said:

Think only the sale of someone like Lenihan would enable us to sign Maddison.  We have Mulgrew and Magloire back so Tony might think are are covered at the back!!!

Not at all. No need to sell Lenihan or any 1st team key players. 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

A fucking expensive pride. Out of sight, out of mind. Good job they don't run the rest of their global portfolio in the same way, they'd be on Universal Credit.

Just lucky their daddy built an empire. I would imagine they are completely out of touch with reality in general.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

How? He would be in our price range. Id want 6 million for Lenihan. Maddison has 6 months left on his contract, release clause is 2.5 million. He will go for alot less, they want rid and he has been banished to the reserves. I dont think he is a Tony player, attitude doesnt seem right so dont think it is us. Suggesting we would have to sell the likes of Lenihan to afford this deal is ridiculous.

• Like 4