BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

46 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

You say Venky’s were badly advised. How would you feel if it turned out they were still making key decisions based on the recommendations of those responsible for said bad advice? And what if those people who did the bad advising were still profiting from their involvement?

Be really interested to hear yours and others thoughts on this.

Obviously that would be unacceptable. Do you think Anderson et al are involved somehow? Or even some remnants of that period? I mean I would imagine they have continued to receive football advice from somewhere. The double audit hopefully brought some clarity and that has led to the understanding that we need some proper administration and leadership behind the scenes. 

10 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

There's talk on Twitter that it's likely Hull in for Maddison. Grosicki is meant to be in talks with West Brom and they might be selling Bowen. 

Grant McCann managed Peterborough as well so obviously knows him. 

Makes sense

50 minutes ago, Amo said:

They unconditionally backed Kean despite narrowly avoiding relegation in his first season and taking us down the year after. He still had to resign in the end.

Let no man claim ignorance as an excuse.

I got banned from the official board(RIP) numerous times due to my choice language about Kean. They were absolutely clueless. I would imagine Balaji watched a couple of games of football partying and coked up. Decided then "ya, why not?" 

Since then it has been taken over by the serious business people. Who don't know about football either and are trying to run the club as a business. A business with huge losses. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I got banned from the official board(RIP) numerous times due to my choice language about Kean. They were absolutely clueless. I would imagine Balaji watched a couple of games of football partying and coked up. Decided then "ya, why not?" 

Since then it has been taken over by the serious business people. Who don't know about football either and are trying to run the club as a business. A business with huge losses. 

What serious business people? We a are a shell of a club. Yes, lots of money spent on auditors, but when they leave.........

RANGERS' JONES IN DEMAND

Rangers winger Jordan Jones is the subject of loan interest from a number of Championship and League One clubs, and appears likely to leave Ibrox before Friday’s deadline.

Jones was on the bench for Rangers’ game against Ross County on Wednesday but has failed to make an meaningful impact since signing on a pre-contract last summer from Kilmarnock.

Earlier this week it was reported Jones and fellow winger Brandon Barker would be allowed to leave this month, with Steven Gerrard now looking to free up space to add to his squad. Gerrard has recalled winger Jake Hastie from his loan spell at Rotherham, heightening competition in that area.

For bad advice look no further than the BB signing to see it's still in evidence.

Who pushed that God knows but it's still happening. Not sure even football clueless administrators would advise spending nearly 7 million in the hope of getting a bit more back.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mercer said:

Sadly, I don't.

IMO, it's a share issue for working capital purposes given ongoing financial losses of up to £20million+ per annum.

I said before the window opened that, IMO, transfer fees in plus wages saved would far outweigh transfer fees out plus wages spent.  I still think I will be proven right.

I think Rovers' financial position is horrendous.  Over my professional career, I've seen and been involved in (trying to salvage!!!) a good number of 'basket cases'.  I obviously hope Rovers is not one in waiting but as a supporter for 50+ years, I have rarely been as worried for the future of the club as what I am now. 

Did those basket cases include many billionaire Indian dynasties? If not, I’d suggest that whatever insights you gleaned from the various butchers, bakers and candlestick makers you tried to salvage may not be totally applicable to our owners’ financial strategy.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, TruRover said:

I know he’s abit of a meme on here

But a new club which is mid-table championship has come in for Maddison. Could be us.

Can't be Rovers, too many people on here keep telling us that we're in the verge of the top six, not mid-table. ?

Edited by Angry_Pirate
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

Maglorie back to cover one of our 3 centre halves going tomorrow.

Williams favourite.

Could be Lenihan or Tosin

I knew defenders were coming .... I didn’t think he meant coming back !!

• Like 6