BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

2 hours ago, callumrovers said:

How? He would be in our price range. Id want 6 million for Lenihan. Maddison has 6 months left on his contract, release clause is 2.5 million. He will go for alot less, they want rid and he has been banished to the reserves. I dont think he is a Tony player, attitude doesnt seem right so dont think it is us. Suggesting we would have to sell the likes of Lenihan to afford this deal is ridiculous.

He will go for a lot less? His release clause has already been met twice.

Sounds like wage negotiations with both those clubs have fallen through though. Maybe during that those clubs have said they'll give him what he wants in the summer when there is no fee to pay too though.

Strange game of hardball from Peterborough. They insist his release clause must be met (and have got lucky in a couple of clubs meeting it even though he is free in six months). Yet he absolutely isn't going to play for them again. So they're saying they're willing to throw say, 1.5 million away, which surely would be cheap enough for contract negotiations to prevail if they lowered their price to something like that, even though they won't be using the asset again. Not sure who they expect to believe that. The fact that they've said they don't want to play him again may even have contributed to contract talks failing, as clubs are unlikely to believe that they won't sell cheaper last minute since they don't plan to use him anymore.

Personally I suspect we did come in for him, as I thought it was really odd TM said that clubs want 2.5 million or 3 million for players. 2.5 million is a very specific figure, and one I've only heard this window in relation to MM. We probably offered about 1 million and got told which orifice to put it up.

• Like 1

Any notion that Magloire has come back to allow Tosin or Lenihan to leave is well off the mark. 

Tyler has been back with the club on several occasions throughout this loan spell, played for our 23’s a few weeks ago, then went back to Rochdale, and now back here. His loan and subsequent re-call are more to do with the Under 23’s having to rely more and more on the Under 18’s squad filling in the gaps on PL2 match days.

Completely separate to first team issues this one.

3 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Obviously that would be unacceptable. Do you think Anderson et al are involved somehow? Or even some remnants of that period? I mean I would imagine they have continued to receive football advice from somewhere. The double audit hopefully brought some clarity and that has led to the understanding that we need some proper administration and leadership behind the scenes. 

And they have totally ignored that too. Steve Waggott and Mike Cheston - no change there.

2 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Any notion that Magloire has come back to allow Tosin or Lenihan to leave is well off the mark. 

Tyler has been back with the club on several occasions throughout this loan spell, played for our 23’s a few weeks ago, then went back to Rochdale, and now back here. His loan and subsequent re-call are more to do with the Under 23’s having to rely more and more on the Under 18’s squad filling in the gaps on PL2 match days.

Completely separate to first team issues this one.

I hope hes not been brought back to cover a weakness in the under 23s. He should be loaned back out to play proper football, perhaps in League 2.

32 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Apparently we're interested in a 23 year old left back who plays for Gillingham Connor Ogilvie. Millwall, Middlesbrough and one other Club the source of info couldn't remember also interested.

Was linked earlier in the window. Solid fella by the sounds of it, scored a few too.

Perhaps he is a fall back option

4 hours ago, Exiled in Toronto said:

Did those basket cases include many billionaire Indian dynasties? If not, I’d suggest that whatever insights you gleaned from the various butchers, bakers and candlestick makers you tried to salvage may not be totally applicable to our owners’ financial strategy.

Shame there is no dislike option for your distasteful post.

• Like 1

Just now, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Nathan Ferguson, 20 games for West Brom, on the verge of a 11mil move to Palace. the world's gone mad. Wonder what we can get for Lenihan and Nyambe, or even Travis.

Still no one in then? Is it time to start the count-down clock?

If Nyambe keeps up his recent form, he is worth 10m.

6 hours ago, bluebruce said:

He will go for a lot less? His release clause has already been met twice.

Sounds like wage negotiations with both those clubs have fallen through though. Maybe during that those clubs have said they'll give him what he wants in the summer when there is no fee to pay too though.

Strange game of hardball from Peterborough. They insist his release clause must be met (and have got lucky in a couple of clubs meeting it even though he is free in six months). Yet he absolutely isn't going to play for them again. So they're saying they're willing to throw say, 1.5 million away, which surely would be cheap enough for contract negotiations to prevail if they lowered their price to something like that, even though they won't be using the asset again. Not sure who they expect to believe that. The fact that they've said they don't want to play him again may even have contributed to contract talks failing, as clubs are unlikely to believe that they won't sell cheaper last minute since they don't plan to use him anymore.

Personally I suspect we did come in for him, as I thought it was really odd TM said that clubs want 2.5 million or 3 million for players. 2.5 million is a very specific figure, and one I've only heard this window in relation to MM. We probably offered about 1 million and got told which orifice to put it up.

Where has it bee quoted his release clause has been met? Offers accepted, not release clause has been met. No way teams have offered them the full 2.5 million. Why would they? 6 months on his contract and can get him potentially to sign a pre contract agreement and leave for nothing in the summer.

Straight from the horses mouth;

"Couldn't get an agreement" that is not his release clause hasnt been met so we are not selling. 

You cant use this to bash Venkys unforuantley.

Screenshot_20200130-054412_Samsung Internet.jpg

Edited by callumrovers

Can’t quite believe that there has been no priority placed on getting a goalkeeper in.

Ignoring the fact that Walton and Jayson aren’t good enough in the Summer we will have zero first team goalkeepers.

Mowbray will almost certainly be looking to keep Walton though.

At least we’ll also need a new centre back then too. Or will that just be Williams’ chance again?

22 minutes ago, Stuart said:

Can’t quite believe that there has been no priority placed on getting a goalkeeper in.

Ignoring the fact that Walton and Jayson aren’t good enough in the Summer we will have zero first team goalkeepers.

At least we’ll also need a new centre back then too. Or will that just be Williams’ chance again?

We are looking at keepers. Yes we need a new 1st choice experience keeper. Been linked to a couple but I would imagine this will be done in summer. Same as the centre back situation where we need 2 new centre backs in summer..don't see Wharton being good enough. 

2 hours ago, callumrovers said:

Where has it bee quoted his release clause has been met? Offers accepted, not release clause has been met. No way teams have offered them the full 2.5 million. Why would they? 6 months on his contract and can get him potentially to sign a pre contract agreement and leave for nothing in the summer.

Straight from the horses mouth;

"Couldn't get an agreement" that is not his release clause hasnt been met so we are not selling. 

You cant use this to bash Venkys unforuantley.

Screenshot_20200130-054412_Samsung Internet.jpg

We wont be buying anyone.  Sounds like we are scraping round for a couple of prem loans.  We know that's the preferred venky model.   

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Tugay's Right Foot said:

Nathan Ferguson, 20 games for West Brom, on the verge of a 11mil move to Palace. the world's gone mad. Wonder what we can get for Lenihan and Nyambe, or even Travis.

Still no one in then? Is it time to start the count-down clock?

Further proof that we need to be giving our younger players more chances. Manchester United are a full division below us at Under 23's level, AN ENTIRE DIVISION, yet still produce Rashford, and more recently Mason Greenwood. Greenwood is no better than someone like Dan Butterworth, but one is given the chance and the other isn't (I know DB is now injured he's just an example). Even that left-back Williams they've just brought up, no better than Lewis Thompson...

5 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

We wont be buying anyone.  Sounds like we are scraping round for a couple of prem loans.  We know that's the preferred venky model.   

The Venky model? They’ve spent around £10m on transfers in the last two seasons.  How well that money has been spent is a different issue.

If FFP is the big concern then I can fully understand why we’re being cautious. I’m sure you’ll be blaming them when we’re hit with a transfer embargo next season.

• Like 2

Sheffield Wednesday were charged with FFP breaches and it was rumoured Birmingham were about to be done again too.

Both have signed players this month and neither has been sanctioned.

Why are we still talking about FFP as an issue?

There's no money left in the kitty and therefore no scope for signings. The best it will be is an 18 year old cheap deal like Sam Hart or Harry Chapman or a loan on heavily subsidised wages at the last minute.

Neither of those approaches are likely to result in an improvement to our side.

25 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

The Venky model? They’ve spent around £10m on transfers in the last two seasons.  How well that money has been spent is a different issue.

If FFP is the big concern then I can fully understand why we’re being cautious. I’m sure you’ll be blaming them when we’re hit with a transfer embargo next season.

This whole thing is their mess, personally I'll blame them for everything until they crawl back to where they came from. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

How do you know that there’s no priority placed on bringing a keeper in? ??‍♂️

39 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

Exactly...

Clueless ✔️ 

Ruined a great club ✔️ 

Pissed the fans off ✔️

Embarassed us ✔️

Absent ✔️

etc....but

Unwilling to spend

41 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Further proof that we need to be giving our younger players more chances. Manchester United are a full division below us at Under 23's level, AN ENTIRE DIVISION, yet still produce Rashford, and more recently Mason Greenwood. Greenwood is no better than someone like Dan Butterworth, but one is given the chance and the other isn't (I know DB is now injured he's just an example). Even that left-back Williams they've just brought up, no better than Lewis Thompson...

Theres very little chance that Thompson and Butterworth could come into the United team and have an impact like Williams and Greenwood, its a gigantic assumption to suggest that any of our young players could.

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, JoeH said:

This is just silly. The pulling power United have over Rovers to get the youngsters is so much greater.. there's a good reason as to why the United u23's are a division below.. they loan out large majority of their youth.. 

Let me ask you, You're 10years old and Blackburn and Manchester United come calling.. you're 9 times out of 10 going to choose United. Hence why their youth sides produce better talent and that's why in recent years Man City have started producing talent. It's on a whole other level of recruitment. 

And I can tell you now Thompson and Butterworth would not hold their own in that United team no matter how poor people think the side is. 

• Like 5