BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

3 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Haha, expecting at least one, pretty confident - possibly two. 
smallwood will go tomorrow with mulgrew unlikely to see rest of season here but don’t think he will move tomorrow 

Is the one you Expect good enough to compete for a starting place?

3 minutes ago, Dave574 said:

Im lost of word. My info earlier was not wrong, the deal between club was 100%, just an issue with the payments as explained. Now, in the last 2 hours, one other Championship-club has come in for the same player. The odd thing - its a bid and not for loan. Did not get specifics but was told that the bid was ridiculosy high. The club consider but rates him highly and would prefer loan.

This is just bad negotioans-tactics. The deal could have been done and officially annunced yesterday if Mowbray was a bit more cynical.

Dwight Gayle?

Just now, neophox said:

Is the one you Expect good enough to compete for a starting place?

I don’t have a name, was told that it was being kept as quiet as possible to avoid rivalry, which to me suggests it’s a decent calibre. When I get told that I don’t push for a name as end of the day my mates job is more important that an exclusive. If davie is correct though that deal might have competition now though

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Blue blood said:

4) why is he even doing it not someone higher up? Oh I give up - we are so unprofessional and a shambles. For those who say Venkys are doing it right or the current management is doing it properly this interview shows in so many ways that's a load of bull. We might not be the soap opera we were but it's still a circus at Ewood. 

That's the key one for me. We should have a team of hard faced negotiators who ain't naive who don't care about being pure 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Haha, expecting at least one, pretty confident - possibly two. 
smallwood will go tomorrow with mulgrew unlikely to see rest of season here but don’t think he will move tomorrow 

Smallwood to league one right? 

We will sign atleast one but should get two over the line by tomorrow.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Dave574 said:

Im lost of word. My info earlier was not wrong, the deal between club was 100%, just an issue with the payments as explained. Now, in the last 2 hours, one other Championship-club has come in for the same player. The odd thing - its a bid and not for loan. Did not get specifics but was told that the bid was ridiculosy high. The club consider but rates him highly and would prefer loan.

This is just bad negotioans-tactics. The deal could have been done and officially annunced yesterday if Mowbray was a bit more cynical.

Is our bid loan to buy or just a loan? 

Guess the other club is Hull or Brentford or Forest

Our youngsters are the depth. We need a striker or right winger and a left back to strengthen the starting 11.

Its like deja vu, decent chance at playoffs, team playing well, need some balls from somewhere. These opportunities for the Venkys to make their money back don’t come up very often.

That is just an embarrassing interview from Mowbray. Stick to the grass Tony, we need a director of football.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Due to a lack of respect on here- as above post- , I’m not for giving names anymore however my record speaks for itself, beat the media to a whole list of names, who would then publish it as breaking the next day. 
you will need to get your names off davie whoever that was previously 

some folk spoil it for everyone 

Figured it was an imposter given the sudden inability to spell anything correctly 

EVERY window is an opportunity, every Jan we seem to waste it.

Well positioned to kick on but they don't seem to want to far too happy to leave it to chance. The ones you like but won't pay a bit more for now will just have another 2 options by the time they might be cheaper in summer.

We could really steal a march but there's no real desire to do anything but tread water and just see what happens.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, Amo said:

Not hindsight. Gallagher was no great shakes the first time he was here. The fact we forked out £5m to get him back was barmy.

Picking out reasonable signings after they are made is hindsight. For every good one you find,I can show you 10 that aren't. 

You're missing the point repeatedly. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, K-Hod said:

Meanwhile, 2 have since been named....

Ok I will say it once more for those in the class who aren't getting it

It's easy to pick great cheap signings in hindsight. For every one of those ,there are more bad ones. 

I asked him to tell me a low risk, cheap player that we could sign now. So why are both of you missing the point? 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

It isn’t the 1960s

It’s just amazing that given all this outlay on the likes of the scouting department (that we’ve seen no fruits from yet, mind) and technology around Brockhall that Venus and Mowbray are our masterminds in Boardroom negotiations. It’s piss poor and clearly costing us big time.

Edited by Gavlar Somerset Rover!
  • Like 2