BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Not worth £3m in the current market!?? 

I don’t think he’s worth £3 million at this point in time. But in a market where Gallagher is being heralded as good value, he is worth 3 times that. If Brereton is any indication of the market I would be wanting about a billion for Rothwell.

• Like 5

Just now, Paul Mani said:

Not worth £3m in the current market!?? 

Personally, I don't think so.  Especially with him only becoming a regular recently.  But I don't think Brereton or Gallagher were value for money either. 

Slightly off but I think Nyambe has the greatest chance of a big money move (now Dack is injured) and not so far down the line, I can see a top flight team giving a big fee for him if he keeps marauding down that wing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Vilesinner said:

I remember him getting Armstrong for a steal at £1.75. I'd say he's worth £7 million now.

I would beg to differ.

IMO, has improved but still technically poor with a limited football brain.

1 hour ago, Vilesinner said:

Again, Armstrong was a steal at £1.75 million. And plenty of clubs were after Gallagher and ready to match the price. If the lad keeps working like he does, and we are winning plenty,  I won't be critical. 

Really?

If that was the case, why did he reportedly take a wage cut?  If you are in demand, you call the tunes on your contract.

Just now, OldEwoodBlue said:

show me somewhere besides your fantasy which mentions £3 mill and I will gladly stand down

I don't understand why you're getting so wound up by the suggestion. If we were to sell Rothwell now, do you think the club would sell him for less then £3m? 

Taking player valuations from that site as gospel just destroys your argument anyway. Unless clubs go on there and provide valuations for their players, surely you've got to agree that they're made up figures as well. By the way, clubs won't do that..

not wanting to be to harsh on mowbray,he`s most likely a nice fellow,but he`s dull,he`s a dull man with dull tactics,obviously dull in his negotiations,dull with his team selection and team talks,he`s dull when talking to the press,you might disagree but this is the most boring rovers side iv`e ever seen,despite our league position i think everybody knows hand on heart that it`s plastic progress,sooner or later we`ll go on another bad losing streak,most likely the reason we can`t negotiate our way out of a paper bag,once tony gets in on the talks (if he actually does)the player can`t wait to get away and sign for someone else

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Mercer said:

I would beg to differ.

IMO, has improved but still technically poor with a limited football brain.

Armstrong has scored about 50 goals in 150 career appearances, and he's still only 22.

Rovers should get a very good price for him if we had to sell, alot more than £1.75m we paid for him

• Like 6

12 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Yea top half league one, although Barnsley might consider, mulgrew wants to finish abroad, I can see him moving outwith the window. Don’t see him playing much more minutes for us if any 

Knew about a league one team but not Barnsley. Did not know about Mulgrew either.

Thanks for the info and keep up the good work. Always read your posts with excitement ?

Edited by Dave574
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Wigan and Brentford but wanted to come back to Rovers  

IMO, to further his football career, he should have gone to Brentford - they seem to know what they are doing there and players develop.

It seems to me he came to Rovers and took a pay cut because we were offering the highest dollar of the three!

4 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Armstrong has scored about 50 goals in 150 career appearances, and he's still only 22.

Rovers should get a very good price for him if we had to sell, alot more than £1.75m we paid for him

Maybe but, IMO, he's definitely not a £7million player.

Just now, Mercer said:

Maybe but, IMO, he's definitely not a £7million player.

Neither was Brereton, but that's another story. With his scoring record, he must be worth at least as much as Gallagher though.

I agree Armstrong has technical faults and is not top quality but he knows how to score and if he keeps on improving, Rovers will have a good asset on their hands. He was a good buy at £1.75m

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MarkBRFC said:

"Name one" to "name one we could sign now" is changing the question.

Ok if bigdogg can’t change the question, perhaps I can ask a fresh one?

@Amo can you name a “cheap, low risk signing who can contribute” that we should go for?

This topic has become a load of nonsense. I saw 10 pages of unread posts but the vast majority is taken up with willy waving and attention seeking from a pretend ITK who demands respect, and a circular argument about whether TM is using transfer funds effectively ?

Maybe we can end the circular argument now @Amo, give us the benefit of your transfer knowledge now and blow Tony Mowbray out of the water for once and for all.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Dave574 said:

Knew about a league one team but not Barnsley. Did not know about Mulgrew either.

Thanks for the info and keep up the good work. Always read your posts with excitement ?

I’m actually wondering whether you and bbrovers are the same person? Mods is there any way to check?

• Like 2

Maybe we should just have a rule where we say, if you have info of a potential incoming, unless you can reveal a name - perhaps don't get everyone excited about it with little details whatsoever and then get really angry at everyone when they question you on who it is... and when you fail to provide a name people then question your credibility.

A circle of toxicity that starts with posting half a story... I'd much rather know nothing than 1/4 of the information and be left in the dark.

But that's just my 2p.

12 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

So, we've got 2 on here saying they know stuff, neither will say any names or anything.....what a crock of shyte.

I'd rather you both stopped trying to measure willy's and admit you're as clueless as the rest of us. 

My breaking of 

gallagher, Armstrong, 

interest backed up by media of

curtis, Martinez, sinclair

and breaking of 

mulgrew leaving 

suggests not. But let’s not let facts get in the way. 
why would I create another account? What benefit would I get from that.

had links to the club since the jack walker days when I knew his sister and brother in law. Lived in a place called lennoxtown. Somebody might be able to verify that. His name was frank. Hence then getting to know some rovers admin, some of which are still there.

sigh. Having to verify again. Some of you deserve nothing 

• Like 6

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Some of you deserve nothing 

Dude, you're taking it way too seriously? Genuinely sounds like you'd be much better off saving yourself the stress of all this and keeping the juicy stuff for you and your pals. It seems to cause Eastenders amounts of drama...

Just now, JoeH said:

Dude, you're taking it way too seriously? Genuinely sounds like you'd be much better off saving yourself the stress of all this and keeping the juicy stuff for you and your pals. It seems to cause Eastenders amounts of drama...

Not taking it seriously at all, I get asked for leads, I give leads and then get criticised for it. But your right , maybe it just isn’t worth the hassle. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not taking it seriously at all, I get asked for leads, I give leads and then get criticised for it. But your right , maybe it just isn’t worth the hassle. 

It probably isn't.

If it's too early to name names, then personally I wouldn't bother.
I had the Kendal Calling line-up three hours early yesterday, released at 6pm - had it at 3pm - didn't bother hopping on socials and saying "If you like the Phonics I'm fairly sure you'll be happy soon - but I can't say much more". It is what it is and you do you but genuinely seems like its causing you more personal stress than its worth.