BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

58 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Mowbray can be a good manager whilst being an awful negotiator. I can't think of many other clubs where the manager has a role in negotiating transfers  but then with Venkys we arent the typical club

This is one of our big problems at the min TM is the manager not the coach....... so in affect both him and wiggnot are making all the decisions and Turkey's down vote for Christmas..... it's clear both bretherton and big sam was not TMs signings 

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

It probably isn't.

If it's too early to name names, then personally I wouldn't bother.
I had the Kendal Calling line-up three hours early yesterday, released at 6pm - had it at 3pm - didn't bother hopping on socials and saying "If you like the Phonics I'm fairly sure you'll be happy soon - but I can't say much more". It is what it is and you do you but genuinely seems like its causing you more personal stress than its worth.

Don’t always get names, in fact it’s pretty rare, do get told of deals being close etc, which is then given likewise by the club. Names are kept secret for a reason 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Not taking it seriously at all, I get asked for leads, I give leads and then get criticised for it. But your right , maybe it just isn’t worth the hassle. 

What I would suggest is ignoring the criticism. Post info on a take it or leave it basis (answering polite questions if able) and ignore anyone who doesn't believe it. It's not your problem whether they do or don't, and you just get embroiled in a pointless circular argument.

It's just strangers on the internet after all, and strangers on the internet like to get testy with people in ways they wouldn't in person, due to the internet being impersonal.

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, JoeH said:

Dude, you're taking it way too seriously? Genuinely sounds like you'd be much better off saving yourself the stress of all this and keeping the juicy stuff for you and your pals. It seems to cause Eastenders amounts of drama...

Always the case on here mate. Everyone who knows anything eventually gets chased off because ultimately this is a place for people to vent. They don’t want to know the truth. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

An example of why names aren’t given out like sweets- John mcginn. Leaked and we lost out, we were 70% down the line with that one

100% not having that it was the leak that scuppered the deal. Rovers were credited with interest ages before he signed for Villa. The club failed to make the most of being first in line and paying the money they wanted for him. Why that is, is anybody's guess. We were crying out for a player like him. Seem to remember Mowbray backing the likes of Smallwood to continue his fine work from L1 at the time. He probably thought we didn't need him. Look at how that has turned out. 

Edited by RoverKyle
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Yup well done , proves my point brilliantly 

Bbrovers2288- don’t be put off by a couple of voices . It’s what happens on forums of this nature especially when folk are exasperated at what’s going on and fuelled by idiotic comments from Mowbray .

i welcome your insight as I’m sure do many others .

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

An example of why names aren’t given out like sweets- John mcginn. Leaked and we lost out, we were 70% down the line with that one

I honestly don't think a leak on a minor messageboard would have scuppered that deal. Weren't Rovers haggling over the fee and Villa just decided to pay it?

Keep up the good work by the way. 

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, RoverKyle said:

100% not having that it was the leak that scuppered the deal. Rovers were credited with interest ages before he signed for Villa. The club failed to make the most of being first in line and paying the money they wanted for him. Why that is, is anybody's guess. We were crying out for a player like him. Seem to remember Mowbray backing the likes of Smallwood to continue his fine work from L1 at the time. He probably thought we didn't need him. Look at how that has turned out. 

The summer we agreed the 7 million brereton deal and had freeman rejected for 5 million? The money wasn’t an issue.  The rovers credit with interest is the leak ?‍♂️

• Like 1

Just now, jim mk2 said:

I honestly don't think a leak on a minor messageboard would have scuppered that deal. Weren't Rovers haggling over the fee and Villa just decided to pay it?

Keep up the good work by the way. 

Leak was from the media. 100% media read club message boards . I have tested it. Not that I’m saying that’s where it came from In that instance, I was merely meaning leaks in general.

but thanks for the support - appreciated 

1 hour ago, Mattyblue said:

It isn’t the 1960s

Are you sure with this clown in charge of our recruitment? - a self confessed shit negotiator . It would be funny if it wasn’t serious . We might as well have Sid James as head of recruitment.

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

We signed a lad from Oxford too. He cost peanuts and is worth a lot more than £3m.

Knowing Mowbray he’ll go and bid £3m for Simon Eastwood at oxford and think he’s following the Brentford model . Jesus H !

Edited by TBTF
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

The summer we agreed the 7 million brereton deal and had freeman rejected for 5 million? The money wasn’t an issue.  The rovers credit with interest is the leak ?‍♂️

If you remember, that deal and bid came right at the very end of the window when Venky's apparently injected a lump of cash Mowbray hadn't been expecting. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

Armstrong has scored about 50 goals in 150 career appearances, and he's still only 22.

Rovers should get a very good price for him if we had to sell, alot more than £1.75m we paid for him

he has scored 27 goals in his 100 apps for Rovers which has been mostly wide position. Now he is playing the 9 role and scoring goals. With Dack injured and Graham aging, it was right to move him up front now and use his pace and movement up front. 

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

IMO, to further his football career, he should have gone to Brentford - they seem to know what they are doing there and players develop.

It seems to me he came to Rovers and took a pay cut because we were offering the highest dollar of the three!

He came to Rovers cos of Mowbray and he still had friends here from 1st spell here like Lenihan

51 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

So, we've got 2 on here saying they know stuff, neither will say any names or anything.....what a crock of shyte.

I'd rather you both stopped trying to measure willy's and admit you're as clueless as the rest of us. 

rather read transfer gossip or news or views then reading about Venkys or FFP subjects

• Like 1

As far as I’m aware I’m the only person that can change peoples usernames and I haven’t changed any recently. 

Anyway - they want Smallwood out to Barnsley or Sunderland, a left back in on loan and Freeman on a loan with an option. Mulgrew is staying around until he can get off to the US or Aus. 

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Leak was from the media. 100% media read club message boards . I have tested it. Not that I’m saying that’s where it came from In that instance, I was merely meaning leaks in general.

but thanks for the support - appreciated 

I too appreciate your comments and your work but with regard to leaks do you not think that in the main they emanate from agents who have a vested interest