BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

9 minutes ago, Butty said:

To be fair over the last few years on here it’s only @unleaded who I’ve seen deliver any sort of transfer info that’s turned out to be true. Think a couple of people on here give their opinion and cast it off as though it’s “info” bit sad really. Who was the guy who was adamant we were in for Assombalonga and that we’d sign him? ?... I appreciate people posting what they claim to know, but I think a lot of them know as much as the rest of us, which is nothing. Anyway, not sounding good regarding any incomings, shame really, we’re on the verge of the top six and a couple of extra bodies in would have done us the world of good. Curse you FFP and the Brereton and Gallagher money... 

You must have missed my posts. And the assombalonga was madon- which was picked up by media sources so completely believable and genuine. He never claimed it was done just that it was being worked on. Don’t need to be so cynical 

Just now, AdamRochina said:

window closes tomorrow does it not? 

OK---We're on the home stretch, the last lap, the penultimate moments, very near the end, running down the clock, on the edge of the precipice, looking down a barrel. on the cusp,

approaching the end, ........

Just now, Bbrovers2288 said:

You must have missed my posts. And the assombalonga was madon- which was picked up by media sources so completely believable and genuine. He never claimed it was done just that it was being worked on. Don’t need to be so cynical 

People are going to be cynical, it goes with the territory of supplying cryptic information especially when what they say doesnt materialise and we dont sign anyone close to that amount.

• Like 1

This thing about scuppering a deal by naming a player your into is cobblles  imho  if it’s on fans message boards ..  

Agents / players and other clubs are in different worlds .. 

I remember BB was all over the board for weeks yet he still ended up here .....

Players names come and go ... 

TM is a dinosaur stuck in a time warp ... He likes the Brentford model but you need guts to go down that route and it means giving powers and trust to people in recruitment which he never will ..... 

More money spent is more pressure on him and why do that when he’s on a cusshy number .... 

Venkys are not the problem in this case ....

• Like 5

Just now, 47er said:

OK---We're on the home stretch, the last lap, the penultimate moments, very near the end, running down the clock, on the edge of the precipice, looking down a barrel. on the cusp,

approaching the end, ........

Can we do the full the parrot sketch, for a thread finale tomorrow, when it has ceased to be?

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, unleaded said:

This thing about scuppering a deal by naming a player your into is cobblles  imho  if it’s on fans message boards ..  

TM is a dinosaur stuck in a time warp ... He likes the Brentford model but you need guts to go down that route and it means giving powers and trust to people in recruitment which he never will ..... 

More money spent is more pressure on him and why do that when he’s on a cusshy number .... 

Would you not agree the club would rather keep things secret until it’s a done deal? Otherwise the press would be told of every transfer target , 90% are never disclosed. Just because a player is a named and goes onto sign it doesn’t mean that it wasn’t harmful - just means that another more interesting club weren’t wanting them or more money is getting paid in wages to get it over the line 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, J*B said:

Probably not - but you won’t see our ITK’ers say I’m wrong and I won’t get wound up at people saying I am. That’s the aim, don’t know who the left back is, they like City for giving them Tosin and City like us - do they have any?

That's why i put the disclaimer in, I know we can be a sensitive bunch on here during transfer windows.

No idea on the left back, my only hope is it isn't an unknown youngster when I'd rather blood our own.

Freeman would be a rediculous signing, and a bit of a game changer for me, which is why I refuse to believe it will happen.

6 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Naming players doesn’t scupper deals. Most clubs know roughly who is available. Before a player signs most agents do a last minute run around of other similar stature clubs. 
But it does wind the club up internally and staff have been called into meetings to tell them to stop discussing things outside of the club. 
Berg was obsessed with leaks. Bowyer didn’t like it. Mowbray has to be fair done loads to stop it. 
I’m certainly not ITK but I hear less under Mowbray than I have under almost any manager I can remember. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Missed your posts? I’ve seen your posts and I’m not being a knob but I’ve never seen you give any sort of transfer scoop on here mate. Didn’t you say yesterday there would be one incoming today? I’m not being cynical, or maybe I am but for me personally the idea of pretending to be “in the know” is a bit strange. But I guess we all have to feed our ego one way or the other ;) 

• Like 1

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

That's why i put the disclaimer in, I know we can be a sensitive bunch on here during transfer windows.

No idea on the left back, my only hope is it isn't an unknown youngster when I'd rather blood our own.

Freeman would be a rediculous signing, and a bit of a game changer for me, which is why I refuse to believe it will happen.

Mani won’t like it, but Dack is off if we can get anything like the money we could have got for him this January in January next year when he’s fit. 
A loan with an option works well for us, we can sign him in summer and the costs will be in the same season as the Dack sale. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, roversfan99 said:

Theres very little chance that Thompson and Butterworth could come into the United team and have an impact like Williams and Greenwood, its a gigantic assumption to suggest that any of our young players could.

Whilst I completely agree with your post I do understand the sentiment behind what joe is saying. There are players in the youth set up who, given a fair crack wouldn’t be worse than what we have 

1 minute ago, Butty said:

Missed your posts? I’ve seen your posts and I’m not being a knob but I’ve never seen you give any sort of transfer scoop on here mate. Didn’t you say yesterday there would be one incoming today? I’m not being cynical, or maybe I am but for me personally the idea of pretending to be “in the know” is a bit strange. But I guess we all have to feed our ego one way or the other ;) 

Sometimes deals get held up ?‍♂️ Look back a few weeks for my Ronan Curtis post mate- get the date and then look for it being released by the press. Beat Sharpe by a good couple of days. Must read my posts with your eyes closed. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

An example of why names aren’t given out like sweets- John mcginn. Leaked and we lost out, we were 70% down the line with that one

70% down the line and he was told to watch Smallwood

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

Naming players doesn’t scupper deals. Most clubs know roughly who is available. Before a player signs most agents do a last minute run around of other similar stature clubs. 
But it does wind the club up internally and staff have been called into meetings to tell them to stop discussing things outside of the club. 
Berg was obsessed with leaks. Bowyer didn’t like it. Mowbray has to be fair done loads to stop it. 
I’m certainly not ITK but I hear less under Mowbray than I have under almost any manager I can remember. 

Don't they all just log onto their Wyscout app.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, J*B said:

As far as I’m aware I’m the only person that can change peoples usernames and I haven’t changed any recently. 

Anyway - they want Smallwood out to Barnsley or Sunderland, a left back in on loan and Freeman on a loan with an option. Mulgrew is staying around until he can get off to the US or Aus. 

I thought Sunderland have just signed a midfield battler from QPR.

21 minutes ago, tomphil said:

At the time i thought it was shown he did.

I heard they did from what I would consider a very reliable source. Well placed and without any motive to make mischief. I did some digging and couldn’t find any link. Double checked with said source who confirmed he was just going of what he had been told and didn’t know for sure. I concluded there was nothing in that, but a little bit of digging threw up far bigger concerns.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Butty said:

To be fair over the last few years on here it’s only @unleaded who I’ve seen deliver any sort of transfer info that’s turned out to be true. Think a couple of people on here give their opinion and cast it off as though it’s “info” bit sad really. Who was the guy who was adamant we were in for Assombalonga and that we’d sign him? ?... I appreciate people posting what they claim to know, but I think a lot of them know as much as the rest of us, which is nothing. Anyway, not sounding good regarding any incomings, shame really, we’re on the verge of the top six and a couple of extra bodies in would have done us the world of good. Curse you FFP and the Brereton and Gallagher money... 

I was just about to post the same thing. Only unleaded has ever revealed names that have not been linked elsewhere before, and then interest has come to fruition. Others seem to come out with names that are rumoured to be close from elsewhere as though they are breaking some big news.

Of course it may well  be that they have confirmation that the rumours are true from within the club, but until someone pulls a name out that hasn't been mentioned anywhere before I take everyone with a pinch of salt and the view that they are acting like they are ITK. 

• Like 1