BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Just now, JHRover said:

Raya? Mahoney? £4 million 

Absolutely - Brereton, Gallagher, £12 million. The only way to beat FFP is to have 2 years of minimal expenditure followed by 1 year of going for it, or sell academy players for money. Wigan have got 10m for their left back, they bought him for 2m. They’ll be going for it tomorrow - that’s a fantastic FFP deal. 

• Like 1

Just now, J*B said:

Absolutely - Brereton, Gallagher, £12 million. The only way to beat FFP is to have 2 years of minimal expenditure followed by 1 year of going for it, or sell academy players for money. Wigan have got 10m for their left back, they bought him for 2m. They’ll be going for it tomorrow - that’s a fantastic FFP deal. 

We've brought in more money through player sales since 2015 than pretty much anyone in this league.

1 minute ago, Hasta said:

I was just about to post the same thing. Only unleaded has ever revealed names that have not been linked elsewhere before, and then interest has come to fruition. Others seem to come out with names that are rumoured to be close from elsewhere as though they are breaking some big news.

Of course it may well  be that they have confirmation that the rumours are true from within the club, but until someone pulls a name out that hasn't been mentioned anywhere before I take everyone with a pinch of salt and the view that they are acting like they are ITK. 

Nope. Seen Madon and bbrovers post before anyone else and it come true. 

Unleaded also named quite a few that went absolutely nowhere, like not even mentioned in the press. But he also came up with real info (years and years ago last I saw).

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

Just now, J*B said:

This is where I dont get Rovers strategy.  We've made more profit  on defenders - Jones, Samba, Hanley, Duffy etc than any other Part of the team.  Yet seemingly we refuse to spend on the defence.

• Like 3

Just now, JHRover said:

We've brought in more money through player sales since 2015 than pretty much anyone in this league.

Yes but only 18/19, 19/20 is considered for FFP.  That is the years we’ve been in the league. 
We have sold players for circa 4m during that period. 
We have bought players for circa 14m during that time. 
We need a sale to spend any money. 
We can only loan if it reduces the wage bill. 
Cunningham leaving would have helped, but Mulgrew is back. 
If we can get rid of Smallwood, we can sign a loan. 

2 minutes ago, Miller11 said:

I heard they did from what I would consider a very reliable source. Well placed and without any motive to make mischief. I did some digging and couldn’t find any link. Double checked with said source who confirmed he was just going of what he had been told and didn’t know for sure. I concluded there was nothing in that, but a little bit of digging threw up far bigger concerns.

Well if it was the one i'm thinking of he was first to throw 'conspiracy' at me and a lot of better placed others in the past. The last person you'd expect to be coming out with that so he must've heard it from somewhere he considers spot on.

Nixon at the time, who's well known to be close to certain camps. said Forest brought in their own agent to shift BB.  Links could have come from that if there was a few involved.

As for the other stuff it sounds worrying.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Nope. Seen Madon and bbrovers post before anyone else and it come true. 

Unleaded also named quite a few that went absolutely nowhere, like not even mentioned in the press. But he also came up with real info (years and years ago last I saw).

Fair play, maybe they did, but I don't recall it.

Think some are being unfair on Bburn7387434 or whatever the numbers are lol

I think he has been quite close to the mark in the past as has Madon. Dunno who the hell this Dave is that has just popped out of nowhere though.

We're all a little stressed by this window but no need to take it out on those two...if they were wide of the mark most of the time I would agree.

• Like 1

Just now, J*B said:

Yes but only 18/19, 19/20 is considered for FFP.  That is the years we’ve been in the league. 
Cunningham leaving would have helped, but Mulgrew is back

Why didn’t we say no?

6 minutes ago, Hasta said:

I was just about to post the same thing. Only unleaded has ever revealed names that have not been linked elsewhere before, and then interest has come to fruition. Others seem to come out with names that are rumoured to be close from elsewhere as though they are breaking some big news.

Of course it may well  be that they have confirmation that the rumours are true from within the club, but until someone pulls a name out that hasn't been mentioned anywhere before I take everyone with a pinch of salt and the view that they are acting like they are ITK. 

Sure he has but I haven’t seen anything from unleaded- certainly not recently. Who did he break?

1 minute ago, J*B said:

Cunningham leaving would have helped, but Mulgrew is back. 

Or we can increase income and spend more. Especially when we've got billionaire owners desperate to invest. 

Just now, Stuart said:

Why didn’t we say no?

Because Mulgrew had the option to return within the deal with Wigan but had to make the decision on the date which he did. 
If Charlie had stayed at Wigan he wouldn’t have been able to move for free between now and the end of the season. MLS and Aus can sign frees anytime and we would love to release him on a free. 
He made the right decision for him, you can’t deny him that.

• Like 4

Having watched lots of both of them this season. Ferguson going to palace for 11 million and even worse Robinson to AC Milan for 10 million I’d genuinely be disappointed if we got less than 15 million for Nyambe. He’s comfortably the same ability wise; if not better.

There is no doubt Dack's injury has buggered up the financial planning. The objective was to flog him this summer if we didn't get promoted and now that isn't going to happen.

Naturally at Rovers there is no Plan B.

It is laughable a team in the top half of the championship with aspirations of promotion don't have a structure in place to deal with transfers. Instead we have Tony who doesn't like negotiating.

The mind boggles.

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Birmingham signing Hogan and Enobokhare. Couple of potentially season changing additions if used correctly. Thought they were in FFP bother?

Wouldn’t be disappointed with Hogan, but that Enobokhare is shite. I understand what you’re saying though. Expecting lots of last minute deals like this that have probably rumbled on for weeks without coverage.

18 minutes ago, J*B said:

Because Mulgrew had the option to return within the deal with Wigan but had to make the decision on the date which he did. 
If Charlie had stayed at Wigan he wouldn’t have been able to move for free between now and the end of the season. MLS and Aus can sign frees anytime and we would love to release him on a free. 

Fair enough. I thought Rovers had to make the request to terminate the loan and he had leant on Rovers to do so.

Our transfer business must be amongst the most amateur in the EFL, let alone the Championship.

Edited by Stuart
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, J*B said:

Know your stuff ?? 

• Like 2