BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Just now, Stuart said:

Fair enough. I thought Rovers had to make the request to terminate the loan and he had meant on Rovers to do so.

Our transfer business must be amongst the most amateur in the EFL, let alone the Championship.

Our transfer business has been dreadful. Essentially we gambled the Dack money we thought we had at any time on Brereton and Gallagher and so far that’s been a terrible decision.
We are extremely lucky we have managed to bring through youngsters.
The next big sale will be one of Travis, Nyambe, JRC and Buckley. Let’s hope we can use their money wisely in advance to ensure we get promoted the year we sell the asset. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Wouldn’t be disappointed with Hogan, but that Enobokhare is shite. I understand what you’re saying though. Expecting lots of last minute deals like this that have probably rumbled on for weeks without coverage.

Yeah, not saying they are top drawer signings but Birmingham have struggled for goals all season so are doing something to try and address it with a couple of players who have been around the block in this League 

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Yeah, not saying they are top drawer signings but Birmingham have struggled for goals all season so are doing something to try and address it with a couple of players who have been around the block in this League 

Birmingham are in a FFP whole so have just thrown the lot at it knowing there’s trouble coming ahead regardless. 

FFP is the absolute worst thing that could have happened for a club in our position. 

1 hour ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Don’t always get names, in fact it’s pretty rare, do get told of deals being close etc, which is then given likewise by the club. Names are kept secret for a reason 

Tell me this please, are defenders coming?

10 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Having watched lots of both of them this season. Ferguson going to palace for 11 million and even worse Robinson to AC Milan for 10 million I’d genuinely be disappointed if we got less than 15 million for Nyambe. He’s comfortably the same ability wise; if not better.

I'd be happier if we kept him. How will we ever be promoted?

I thought we were building. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mercer said:

I would beg to differ.

IMO, has improved but still technically poor with a limited football brain.

Really?

If that was the case, why did he reportedly take a wage cut?  If you are in demand, you call the tunes on your contract.

Because the other clubs were Preston, Wigan, can't remember the others, but there was plenty of interest. Am only stating what actually happened.

Yes, I think Armstrong is worth £7 million indeed. I certainly wouldn't sell him for any less anyway.

11 minutes ago, J*B said:

Our transfer business has been dreadful. Essentially we gambled the Dack money we thought we had at any time on Brereton and Gallagher and so far that’s been a terrible decision.
We are extremely lucky we have managed to bring through youngsters.
The next big sale will be one of Travis, Nyambe, JRC and Buckley. Let’s hope we can use their money wisely in advance to ensure we get promoted the year we sell the asset. 

What a time to be alive (and a Rovers fan).

3 minutes ago, J*B said:

Birmingham are in a FFP whole so have just thrown the lot at it knowing there’s trouble coming ahead regardless. 

FFP is the absolute worst thing that could have happened for a club in our position. 

On the contrary I think Birmingham know the rules aren't worth the paper they are written on. Sheffield Wednesday are taking them to the cleaners too.

• Like 1

Just now, JHRover said:

On the contrary I think Birmingham know the rules aren't worth the paper they are written on. Sheffield Wednesday are taking them to the cleaners too.

We will see - some bloody gamble is that. 

7 minutes ago, J*B said:

It really is (though I think the owners may consider it a convenient excuse). Rule changes always seem to come at the wrong times for us. Like how the Champions League used to only be for Champions. Until pretty much right after we stopped finishing top 4. We would have had another what, 2 CL campaigns if it had been top 4 back then?

• Like 1

Just now, J*B said:

We will see - some bloody gamble is that. 

Not really. The only club to have received anything more than a soft embargo at this level was Birmingham. It took them 18 months to decide on a punishment and when they finally got round to it they knocked 9 points off them when they were sat comfortably in mid-table, it made next to no impact to their season and the slate was wiped clean and past crimes erased.

No side chasing promotion or fighting relegation has had any sort of sanction.

Meanwhile Villa, Bournemouth, QPR, Leicester and Wolves have walked all over the rules, won the ultimate prize of promotion and have had nothing but a nominal fine.

I'd say it is a gamble entirely worth taking.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Pretty sure Formica was one.

There was loads around that time, wasn’t the Polish keeper one too? Anyway — it was the sort of names that everyone went “who is that??” then it turned out 2 weeks later they where real and we did want to buy them. 

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Sometimes deals get held up ?‍♂️ Look back a few weeks for my Ronan Curtis post mate- get the date and then look for it being released by the press. Beat Sharpe by a good couple of days. Must read my posts with your eyes closed. 

I’ll bow down to you if I ever see you mate, we are all unworthy. 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, 47er said:

I'd be happier if we kept him. How will we ever be promoted?

I thought we were building. 

Just with the talk of ffp and saleable assets mate. I wouldn’t cash in but just trying to show the point you never know who’s worth what anymore to those claiming we have no saleable assets.

Really enjoyed reading @J*B's posts on transfers and FFP Rules tonight. ?

Great insight. 

Hope we get both signings we want tomorrow and let forward to Boro game. 

I wonder if Bournemouth's left Back Brad Smith was an option for us before.he went to Cardiff 

Edited by chaddyrovers
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Just with the talk of ffp and saleable assets mate. I wouldn’t cash in but just trying to show the point you never know who’s worth what anymore to those claiming we have no saleable assets.

It wouldn't do us much good if some club was willing to pay 15 million for Nyambe. There's no way they would start with that bid, having seen us sell the likes of O'Connell, Cairney and Raya for far less than we should. They would just enter a bid of say 5 million and good ole Tony would say 'Yeh that matches what I think he is worth, and it must be their final offer, let's sell'.

• Like 2