BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Al Muhammedi was close to joining Rovers as well as Mido .. remember Rovers looked a lot in Egypt.. .. Imagine if we had stuck at it could have had a few nuggets there .... 

Valencia was a done deal until Wigan came in last minute....

John Carew came scored a hatrick and still we never signed him ...

Now it’s just TM and his local area ... 

Brentford is a club you gotta admire .....They go all over Europe .. as well as Lower league ... 

Edited by unleaded
  • Like 5

4 minutes ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Don't think any one will ever top the photo of Salgado at Northcote on here.  Was it Hughsey's grandad or something?  ? 

The guy that posted the Stanley House guest list because it included Kalinic name - along with room number and Rovers credit account at Stanley House was quite something. 

Equally the guy watching the first team train out of his office window at Brockhall and telling everyone the first 11 plus subs 24 hours in advance. 

There’s been some good times. 

• Like 6

Some tension from a few ones here who are frustrated with me and Bbrovers. From my point of view, I think its exiting when Bbrovers have some info, dont need to know all the details, just some info I can get exited about.

And you can critisize how much you want, I just dont get why people get so angry. Just scroll on if you don't like it. It's not like i comment on every single post on here, I don't have the urge to reply to everything I don't agree with or like.

BUT for the few people who thinks it's a bit exiting, the word is still, that he i 100% sure we sign 1 tomorrow - most likely 2. I was a bit frustrated at Mowbray earlier tonight and still am, but he surprise me know and then.. Not at all as naive as he can seem in interviews.

• Like 5

4 minutes ago, J*B said:

The guy that posted the Stanley House guest list because it included Kalinic name - along with room number and Rovers credit account at Stanley House was quite something. 

Equally the guy watching the first team train out of his office window at Brockhall and telling everyone the first 11 plus subs 24 hours in advance. 

Ignore these — what was the guy called that broke into Ewood and provided live updates as he tried to track down the board to give them what for? 

6 minutes ago, J*B said:

K**n used this as an excuse for our league form. "Damaging wurselves before we've kicked a ball"

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, unleaded said:

Al Muhammedi was close to joining Rovers as well as Mido .. remember Rovers looked a lot in Egypt.. .. Imagine if we had stuck at it could have had a few nuggets there .... 

Valencia was a done deal until Wigan came in last minute....

John Carew came scored a hatrick and still we never signed him ...

Now it’s just TM and his local area ... 

Brentford is a club you gotta admire .....They go all over Europe .. as well as Lower league ... 

I remember watching Carew in that reserve game and thinking we've got a cracker here.

Then his agent wanted too much I think. Expensive hatrick that was.

• Like 1

• Backroom
12 minutes ago, J*B said:

Ignore these — what was the guy called that broke into Ewood and provided live updates as he tried to track down the board to give them what for? 

Didn’t the Brockhall lad get grounded after it was mentioned in an interview about the teams leaking?

Remember when someone said they were flying out to Qatar to try and convince a prospective buyer to move forward and posted pics of an airport lounge straight from google to prove it

I think it was someone in Thailand

Edited by Tom
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
4 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ok I will say it once more for those in the class who aren't getting it

It's easy to pick great cheap signings in hindsight. For every one of those ,there are more bad ones. 

I asked him to tell me a low risk, cheap player that we could sign now. So why are both of you missing the point? 

That’s not what you said initially though, you then changed the question. 
Might help if you said what you meant?

19 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

I sincerely hope our season doesn't peter out due to our naivety in the transfer market like last January. 

Was it Lenihan who got injured soon after and our season ended in February?

It was. The day after the window shut, if I remember it rightly. And many of us pointed out this risk, with trepidation.

We have set ourselves up to the possibility of the exact same thing happening again. If Lenihan gets injured, suddenly we are having to play Williams or Mulgrew, and that won't be a good thing at all.

Doesn't sound like a CB is remotely a target, so we haven't learnt a single thing. Lenihan is prone to injuries too.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

I sincerely hope our season doesn't peter out due to our naivety in the transfer market like last January. 

Was it Lenihan who got injured soon after and our season ended in February?

This !

Handily placed it is real opportunity to kick on. Any club or its owners that was really serious about trying to get into the top 6 would make some sort of effort. 

I'm convinced these lot are more than happy to sit in the middle of this division.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

This !

Handily placed it is real opportunity to kick on. Any club or its owners that was really serious about trying to get into the top 6 would make some sort of effort. 

I'm convinced these lot are more than happy to sit in the middle of this division.

By spending money we don’t have and bringing a likely breach of FFP?

For fans who doubt every move Mowbray makes in the transfer market, it’s funny how many more transfers you want him to make.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tom said:

Didn’t the Brockhall lad get grounded after it was mentioned in an interview about the teams leaking?

Remember when someone said they were flying out to Qatar to try and convince a prospective buyer to move forward and posted pics of an airport lounge straight from google to prove it

I think it was someone in Thailand

I think the name was BKKrover or something similar but got found out then disappeared from the site

• Like 1

Just now, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

For fans who doubt every move Mowbray makes in the transfer market, it’s funny how many more transfers you want him to make.

Hold on, i thought our owners were billionaires eager to invest? In that case we do have the money. 

If the manager's track record on transfers is an issue then change the manager or bring in someone to oversee him and his recruitment. Not signing anyone because the manager has wasted funds previously isn't the way to do it.

• Like 1

Just now, PeteJD13 said:

quite a few rotheram fans saying its a done deal

If true, expect to see a low cost loan arrive imminently. As with Mulgrew/Cunningham it will be one in one out and we have been waiting to get someone off the wage bill to enable one to come in.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

That isn't the case right now though is it. They would dismiss signing anybody out of hand if it was the case. That's happened before.

We aren't talking millions so keep your scaremongering to yourself.