BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

9 minutes ago, unsall said:

Anyone heard Chapman loaned to Rotherham?

I'll be annoyed with that. We've pissed about and persevered with Bennett in countless positions but he hasn't been given a fair go.  We should be looking to develop our young talent, not demoralise them.

• Like 9

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Hold on, i thought our owners were billionaires eager to invest? In that case we do have the money. 

If the manager's track record on transfers is an issue then change the manager or bring in someone to oversee him and his recruitment. Not signing anyone because the manager has wasted funds previously isn't the way to do it.

Where's the other claiming we have money and are relaxed about FFP ? 

Changed his tune again I suppose !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, unsall said:

Anyone heard Chapman loaned to Rotherham?

I can live with that. Since we are supposedly about to tie someone up on loan for his areas of the pitch, it makes sense to let him out. He simply isn't going to get chances here right now so he is going to waste.

This way, maybe he tears up League One and TM is forced to take him seriously next season.

If it was between him and Brereton being loaned out though, I'd very much have preferred BB went out.

Edited by bluebruce
  • Like 2

43 minutes ago, Tom said:

Remember when someone said they were flying out to Qatar to try and convince a prospective buyer to move forward and posted pics of an airport lounge straight from google to prove it

I think it was someone in Thailand

@BangkokRover wasn’t it? 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

I can live with that. Since we are supposedly about to tie someone up on loan for his areas of the pitch, it makes sense to let him out. He simply isn't going to get chances here right now so he is going to waste.

I just cant understand this at all. The song and dance that was made on here and all over his and rovers social media in his return.....never even got a proper sniff.  What is going on?

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Sparks Rover said:

I just cant understand this at all. The song and dance that was made on here and all 9ver his and rovers social media.....never even got a proper sniff.  What is going on?

He never learned the “seriousness of the game”.

Edited by Amo

Just now, Sparks Rover said:

I just cant understand this at all. The song and dance that was made on here and all over his and rovers social media in his return.....never even got a proper sniff.  What is going on?

Dunno. I think maybe Tony likes the idea of a young, skilful, natural winger careening down the flanks a lot more than he wants to actually take the 'risk' on it? He should have had more chances by now I agree, but it isn't happening so I think he needs to play competitively elsewhere for a bit to try force the issue.

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

It wouldn't do us much good if some club was willing to pay 15 million for Nyambe. There's no way they would start with that bid, having seen us sell the likes of O'Connell, Cairney and Raya for far less than we should. They would just enter a bid of say 5 million and good ole Tony would say 'Yeh that matches what I think he is worth, and it must be their final offer, let's 

Your entitled to your opinion but you made up the last sentence to suite your opinion. 

2 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Dunno. I think maybe Tony likes the idea of a young, skilful, natural winger careening down the flanks a lot more than he wants to actually take the 'risk' on it? He should have had more chances by now I agree, but it isn't happening so I think he needs to play competitively elsewhere for a bit to try force the issue.

Yea it’s a weird one, he has looked a bit chubby and disheveled when Iv seen him this year, don’t know if maybe his attitude is holding him back 

2 minutes ago, Bbrovers2288 said:

Yea it’s a weird one, he has looked a bit chubby and disheveled when Iv seen him this year, don’t know if maybe his attitude is holding him back 

If you read his wiki page, he's done great wherever he's been since 2016 including here for a while....hattricks,  assists, etc.  Then he joins us on a permanent deal and his career stutters......players who arent fit to lace his boots ahead of him, played on the left when he does come on for 10 mins, no chances, mowbray and his boys club, Tombola every week......

Mowbray out.

Edited by Sparks Rover

8 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

If you read his wiki page, he's done great wherever he's been since 2016 including here for a while....hattricks,  assists, etc.  Then he joins us on a permanent deal and his career stutters......players who arent fit to lace his boots ahead of him, played on the left when he does come on for 10 mins, no chances, mowbray and his boys club, Tombola every week......

Mowbray out.

Tbf he didn’t set boro alight, hence they sale

13 minutes ago, Blue n whites said:

Your entitled to your opinion but you made up the last sentence to suite your opinion. 

What an odd thing to say. Did you think I was pretending that was an actual quote? I didn't 'make it up to suit my opinion', I made it up as a bit of a joke and to add emphasis. The entire thing was opinion, I thought that was a bit bleeding obvious to be honest. I'm amazed I've had to explain any of this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, magicalmortensleftpeg said:

By spending money we don’t have and bringing a likely breach of FFP?

For fans who doubt every move Mowbray makes in the transfer market, it’s funny how many more transfers you want him to make.

If it was my money I wouldn't give him another penny.

I think the problem apart from the complete  ineptitude of him Waggott and Venus in the transfer market lies as much in his reluctance to jettison players who need offloading.   

For example, Graham who unsurprisingly has come to the end must be one of our top earners. He should never have been given a new contract in the first place but certainly when it became obvious that we had a major issue with Brereton and Gallagher (BAG) we should have been making arrangements to offload Graham one way or another to free up room on the wage bill and bring in a replacement.

Instead I expect he'll shuffle on until the end of the season contributing next to nothing and maybe even next as wel until his contract expires.

I'd say similar about Evans pre injury and Bennett. Needed offloading but staples in Tone's world.

Then chuck in players that he brings in then chooses  to more or less ignore like Davenport Palmer and Chapman (Not forgetting Brereton) and Gladwin who he handed a contract to because he felt sorry for him  and it's not hard to see how it's difficult to bring players in because the wage bill is bursting to the seams.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, J*B said:

The next big sale will be one of Travis, Nyambe, JRC and Buckley. Let’s hope we can use their money wisely in advance to ensure we get promoted the year we sell the asset. 

Its not gonna happen is it?  :(

3 hours ago, J*B said:

Because Mulgrew had the option to return within the deal with Wigan but had to make the decision on the date which he did. 
If Charlie had stayed at Wigan he wouldn’t have been able to move for free between now and the end of the season. MLS and Aus can sign frees anytime and we would love to release him on a free. 
He made the right decision for him, you can’t deny him that.

I literally have never heard of the player having the option to cut the loan deal short before, it's usually an agreement until either Jan 1st or the end of the season binding on all parties with the parent Club having power of recall if a problem arises that can't be sorted out between the Club's.

Beyond amateurish otherwise as you can never know what your real budget for the season is if players can terminate loan deals of their own accord at the drop of a hat.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Sparks Rover said:

Yes, but we bought him.  You saying we bought him off boro but because they sold him we shouldn't play him?

No you said going by his wiki he has been great anywhere he has been with assists and hat tricks, I was pointing out boro were happy to let him go- don’t think he shone there