BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

1 minute ago, J*B said:

I haven’t changed anyone’s username.
The two posters are 100% not the same person. 

Yeah I gathered that a bit after, it was just an initial thought.

Why is he claiming he had to change his username then? All a bit odd.

I forgot to mention it will be interesting to see if your info comes to light today as well ?

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Yeah I gathered that a bit after, it was just an initial thought.

Why is he claiming he had to change his username then? All a bit odd.

I forgot to mention it will be interesting to see if your info comes to light today as well ?

I told you the hope, not what will happen!

25 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Che Adams is supposedly available on loan from Southampton. 100% worth a punt.

James Chester going to Stoke. Would have been a good loan signing to provide cover for the remainder of the season.

Cardiff signed Brad Smith yesterday on loan. He's a good little left back and gives us more than Bell.

These are the type of transfers we should be seeing at Rovers. They are the type of loans that give your team an extra bit of firepower and see teams mount promotion pushes....or in Stoke's case survive

Also if Sheff Wed sign Wickham then it just goes to show just what FFP means to owners who care to navigate the system.

3 city clubs, each with bigger crowds than us, 2 of them with parachute payments for a while yet.  I wonder why we can’t compete with them on either wages or transfer budgets.........

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Che Adams is supposedly available on loan from Southampton. 100% worth a punt.

James Chester going to Stoke. Would have been a good loan signing to provide cover for the remainder of the season.

Cardiff signed Brad Smith yesterday on loan. He's a good little left back and gives us more than Bell.

These are the type of transfers we should be seeing at Rovers. They are the type of loans that give your team an extra bit of firepower and see teams mount promotion pushes....or in Stoke's case survive

Also if Sheff Wed sign Wickham then it just goes to show just what FFP means to owners who care to navigate the system.

Che Adams will be on at least double what our highest earner is on. 

11 hours ago, Dave574 said:

Some tension from a few ones here who are frustrated with me and Bbrovers. From my point of view, I think its exiting when Bbrovers have some info, dont need to know all the details, just some info I can get exited about.

And you can critisize how much you want, I just dont get why people get so angry. Just scroll on if you don't like it. It's not like i comment on every single post on here, I don't have the urge to reply to everything I don't agree with or like.

BUT for the few people who thinks it's a bit exiting, the word is still, that he i 100% sure we sign 1 tomorrow - most likely 2. I was a bit frustrated at Mowbray earlier tonight and still am, but he surprise me know and then.. Not at all as naive as he can seem in interviews.

Who get's angry? 

It would be like getting angry at people talking to kids about Father Christmas.  ?

Seriously though, I don't want anyone to stop posting any rumours (which is exactly what they are). Like the Nicko days, it's the people who believe it and then beg for more information that I shake my head at. If the poster was going to post names and info they would do in the first place !

Edited by Hasta

Just now, Dave574 said:

Could have been sorted out several days ago.

Ridiculous price.

So yes, plans change even for people who get so-called inside-information.

So this is the player we wanted but due to playing time conditions from Mowbray we lost out. To be honest, why would we want another right back and guarantee him playing time when we have Nymabe who we need to develop

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

To be honest, why would we want another right back and guarantee him playing time when we have Nymabe who we need to develop

Mowbray would probably have played him at left back.

3 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

So this is the player we wanted but due to playing time conditions from Mowbray we lost out. To be honest, why would we want another right back and guarantee him playing time when we have Nymabe who we need to develop

He can play further up the pitch aswell. Several positions, just like Mowbray wants it.

And the discussions, as I understand it, it's not guarantee playing time but a relatively small fee to payif he not reaches a certain number of games. 

MY opinion is that this is a matter of principle from Mowbrays side.

Edited by Dave574

Just now, Dave574 said:

He can play further up the pitch aswell. Several positions, just like Mowbray wants it.

It's all feckin nonsense.

Can we start signing players to play in their rightful positions.

Square pegs in round holes syndrome is, IMO, a huge reason for our mediocrity and for Mowbray failing to get the best out of what we've got.  

• Like 6

Biggest conundrum for Mowbray should be cb.  

Arguably Tosin has been a great success on loan and he makes us able to play the style Mowbray envisions and beat the press.  When he's out the side, it's clear that the current crop aren't capable of playing out.

Who can we afford to replace Tosin in summer that will be as effective?  Such players are rare, generally very expensive and we don't have any coming through the academy.

Without similar we would be faced with changing 'style' yet again.

• Like 1

Just now, Mercer said:

It's all feckin nonsense.

Can we start signing players to play in their rightful positions.

Square pegs in round holes syndrome is, IMO, a huge reason for our mediocrity and for Mowbray failing to get the best out of what we've got.  

Agree.

But the player is a good one, would be more than happy if he came (Brighton aswell I reckon..). If this means that Mowbray planning on putting Nyambe in CB, we can only speculate.

34 minutes ago, Swanson said:

Thank god Tariq Lamptey is going to Brighton and not here. Would be the worst outcome if we went and signed a winger from an Under 23's team in the same fecking division as ours, when we have Harry Chapman, Joe Rankin-Costello and 'Birthday Boy' Stefan Mols ready and waiting to be called upon.

I'd sooner sign nobody than be wasting wages on other peoples youth players for 6 months.

Edit: just seen that Lamptey is a right back, so change player names to a bunch of our youth team defenders if it helps. Pointless loan signing, glad its fallen through.

Edited by JoeH

1 minute ago, JoeH said:

Thank god Tariq Lamptey is going to Brighton and not here. Would be the worst outcome if we went and signed a winger from an Under 23's team in the same fecking division as ours, when we have Harry Chapman, Joe Rankin-Costello and 'Birthday Boy' Stefan Mols ready and waiting to be called upon.

I'd sooner sign nobody than be wasting wages on other peoples youth players for 6 months.

Wot Faes is a bigger loss...he will be really good!

Just now, JoeH said:

I'm inclined to agree with you on that. But you've got to think that he has something if Brighton are signing him for £4million.

If he was a left back, then fair enough. But he's not. Let's move on to the next one, preferably in a position we need filling!

• Like 1

Just now, neophox said:

Wot Faes is a bigger loss...he will be really good!

Not from what I've just read online. Plenty of Eredivise (his former league) and Belgian League fans saying he's absolute tosh...

Just now, RoverKyle said:

I'm inclined to agree with you on that. But you've got to think that he has something if Brighton are signing him for £4million.

If he was a left back, then fair enough. But he's not. Let's move on to the next one, preferably in a position we need filling!

But it would only be a loan. I wouldn't mind Mr Lamptey if its permanent like Brighton HA. But what's the point if its only for 6 months... when we have youth players of our own desperate for game time.