BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

11 hours ago, K-Hod said:

That’s not what you said initially though, you then changed the question. 
Might help if you said what you meant?

The question could be construed either way. I clarified what I meant straight away for those who didn't get that. So why are you still going on about it? 

1 minute ago, tugayislegend said:

Bournemouth reject bid by Man United for josh king. Rovers due 20% sell on fee if deal goes through today. At least 5 million if it happens.

Always presumed it was 20% of the profit, which is still most of that figure seeing as we only ever got about £500k for him.

But what about when Rovers were skint because these lot who apparently bankroll promotion bids turned the taps off.  Somebody put it out that they were cashing in all their sell on clauses and add ons for one off smaller payments ??

• Like 1

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

Think that 20% is a Football Manager fairytale. He was a bosman so a development fee is way more likely.

No I'm pretty sure at the time of that trial hearing it was determined that it would be a small fee and sell on percentage, don't think that's just plucked out of thin air...

9 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

Was that part of the compensation deal? I didn't see anything mentioned at the time 

I quick search and found only that the clubs agreed on a fee. No info on sell on clause.

But can't imagne Rovers, who actually offered him a deal he rejected, didn't get a sell on when they avoided a tribunal. That's just insane if so.

• Like 1

Sell on fee doesn't work like a quick bank transfer into Tony Mowb's Lloyds and there's a cheeky 5mil and Jozwiaks a Rover. It'll be the summer before we see the effect of that compensation, but will help massively with FFP more than anything.