BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

1 hour ago, tomphil said:

We must be the only club who release lists of what we nearly did.

It doesn't count as making signings if we try and nearly do.

Although for some it is almost as good as. Still enables online searches into these players and talk about how useful they might have been before it all starts again in May.

• Like 2

I think given the lack of action in general a few clubs are going in for the nearly model this Jan.

Still it keeps the kids interested i suppose, all over Youtube there'll be blogs of how it might have panned out had they got some of the pie in the sky names.

The good old suchabody was spotted at Stanley House / Dunkenhalgh / filling up the car at Craven Brow petrol station was far more fun.

1 hour ago, tugayislegend said:

Bournemouth reject bid by Man United for josh king. Rovers due 20% sell on fee if deal goes through today. At least 5 million if it happens.

How does that work? We didn't do a deal with Bournemouth, they signed him on a free transfer. We got compensation and that will be the end of it.

8 hours ago, Blue n whites said:

Sorry brucieboy I thought it was an actual quote. 

Thought you was telling an actual story to have a dig at the manager. My bad. 

I'm glad it was just made up to add emphasis to something that didn't happen.

I mean, I was describing a theoretical scenario in which Nyambe was sold, and Nyambe hasn't been sold or even bid on, so......

But apology accepted. We all skim read sometimes.

Just now, JHRover said:

How does that work? We didn't do a deal with Bournemouth, they signed him on a free transfer. We got compensation and that will be the end of it.

It's been said that we did do a deal outside of tribunal.

But either way I'm fairly sure a percentage of profit clause is pretty common in tribunals?

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

There is a 20 percent clause multiple news outlets have reported this.

It went to tribunal,we got a clause in Mahoney deal the same way 

Edited by islander200

36 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Well it's been confirmed that Lamptey was the one Mowbray spoke of after the Sheff Weds game.

Apparently having a medical at Brighton ahead of a £4.5m move.

Way out of our league.

Complete waste of time and cock up by the scouting team if true we made any sort of approach.

• Like 1

Just now, OJRovers said:

Apparently having a medical at Brighton ahead of a £4.5m move.

Way out of our league.

Complete waste of time and cock up by the scouting team if true we made any sort of approach.

But a pointless loan signing if he was to come to us. Permanent is alright, but someone elses youngster for 6 months?
Brereton cost £7m because of his potential... Lamptey only costing Brighton £4.5 from Chelsea's academy at his age says he's not that special to me....

Just now, bluebruce said:

Fisher going on loan to a League One side seems a very odd move, just after he didn't make a single league appearance for a League 2 side.

1. Fisher top quality and much better than League Two standard...

2. Being a sub keeper you can pretty much play in any of those two divisions without much of a difference

13 minutes ago, JoeH said:

As I speculated about 90 pages back, Atsu a name on the list...

1420148051_ScreenShot2020-01-31at11_11_16.png.e7dd2c4454bcb369a2ae74e5a345be09.png

He is one of many on the list of wingers but wages is unbelivable high. My guy said he was off our list when more clubs came along and Newcastle demanded even more of his salary paid. Forest or another championship club more likely to pay more of his wage than Rovers.

Only scenario we get him is money in somehow.

Edited by Dave574