BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

i hope im`e wrong but this atsu chap seems like a ghanian liam feeney to me,goes sideways or blackwards and does`nt contribute much

Quick scans of some videos of him suggest completely otherwise. Looks like Adam Armstrong when he first joined, all dribble and no pass. Selfish.

7 minutes ago, Neal said:

I've watched him many times and he's all of the above. Pish. Exactly what we don't need if we have any promotion aspirations. 

I have seen him play for Newcastle a few times. He is awful..

Just now, RoverKyle said:

Frustrating. Obviously wasn't one of our top targets otherwise we would've had some movement before the final day of the window. 

Don't understand why he's a target at all. He won't want to come here for a kick off and hasn't shown anything that should interest us. A player living off his former wondekid status. 

12 minutes ago, Dave574 said:

Press me for names? Im sorry Mr. Officier, can you tell me if the good cop is on his way?

Haha I was a bit frustrated by your comments but that one actually made me laugh. Not "haha" with a smile but I was actually laughing.

Im a family-man who happens to be "lucky" and have a guy i know in the football-game who again happens to know a thing or two about the club Im a fan of. And you, a guy a don't know is talking about "pressing me for names". Wow ?

To be fair you did claim last night that the deal that we appear to have been blown out of the water on  was a virtual certainty to happen and that it was just a case of dotting the i's and crossing the t's etc.

Other than that both of you should probsbly stop willy waving at each other or get a room. You're entitled to post info if you wish and he's equally entitled to believe it or not. For my own part I find it hard to give much credence to a rumour where no names or specifics are given but there you go, I'm sure most people appreciated the info.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Mercer said:

IF, and I think it's a very big IF, we do have a 20% sell on clause for King, I do not think we will see more than loose change made available either now or in the summer.

I think it's quite clear from this transfer window that we barely have a transfer pot to p1ss in.  IMO, all smoke and mirrors, bullsh1t and b0ll0cks.

Twas ever thus Merce...

We're coming up to the best part of a decade of it now yet still some refuse to come to terms with it

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

To be fair you did claim last night that the deal that we appear to have been blown out of the water on  was a virtual certainty to happen and that it was just a case of dotting the i's and crossing the t's etc.

Other than that both of you should probsbly stop willy waving at each other or get a room. You're entitled to post info if you wish and he's equally entitled to believe it or not. For my own part I find it hard to give much credence to a rumour where no names or specifics are given but there you go, I'm sure most people appreciated the info.

At first yes, then I came back with new info later on. Exactly the info that broke thru today. But fair to have that opinion and the pissing-contest is stopping now??

• Like 2

• Backroom
18 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

How can a player look quick but not actually be quick? 

David Goodwillie did this trick. The legs went faster but he stayed the same speed.

Derived from the old 'Scott Dann trick', where you jump but get shorter.

Edited by Mike E
  • Like 6

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

Keith Andrews was useless

Disagree. Played many good games for Ireland CM. Played at the European championships. 

Arrived at Rovers at a time when ,to be fair, we were used to better players. Signed by an unpopular manager and was disliked from day 1. 

Big Sam picked him. Played either premier League or championship after leaving here. He had a decent career. 

Anyway,that's enough about him. I can't watch him as a pundit, accent does my head in. 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

No, he wasn't. Had a stigma here form day 1 because an unpopular manager signed him from the lower leagues. 

he was bobbins,he made himself unpopular by thinking he was zidane with all those attempted,ambitious passes and ill timed dribbles into trouble,used to drive me mad as he did most of the riverside