BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Just now, MarkBRFC said:

Keith Andrews would have looked like Roy Keane during the Lowe, Akpan, Guthrie, Evans era.

I think it was just because we were an established top flight side at the time, and Keith Andrews wasn't a top flight player IMO.

That's about the size of it. He was a poor Savage. Would have been good for a newly promoted team. We had expectations of better back then. 

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

just had a call from a very reliable source that mowbray got on the team bus last,having settled  what looked like a serious argument between at  least six of the squad,there was pushing,shoving and what looked like aggro before tony stepped in and settled issues with some stern finger wagging,no names disclosed as my source wants to remain undercover

The lads fighting over Dacks seat at the card school at the back of the bus. 

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If you have never seen Atsu play, please don't come on saying he is useless. Don't base your opinion off a post you read a minute ago from someone who has never seen him play either. 

Thanks 

"Don't post anything negative. REEEEEE I CAN'T HANDLE IT"

5 minutes ago, Tugayisgod said:

From nicko

Newcastle. Asking for Atsu wages in full before loaning. All the best with that one.

Surely Newcastle would have told us this 4 weeks ago if we had asked. Same for Middlesbrough and Assombalonga last year. What have we been doing all this time?

2 minutes ago, OnePhilT said:

Porto, Chelsea, Everton, Newcastle, Malaga, 10 goals for Ghana in 62 appearances... I've seen tiny bits of Atsu when I've passively watched him play for Nuke on TV, so I don't profess to know much, but he surely can't be as bad as some are making out, can he?

He's not great but I agree with the last part nowhere near as bad as some are making out. 

Too many moaning we need a winger then when we try the same ones moan not that winger

1 minute ago, simongarnerisgod said:

just had a call from a very reliable source that mowbray got on the team bus last,having settled  what looked like a serious argument between at  least six of the squad,there was pushing,shoving and what looked like aggro before tony stepped in and settled issues with some stern finger wagging,no names disclosed as my source wants to remain undercover

You'd have thought they were a bit long in the tooth to be arguing about who sat at the back!

If only they got as wound up on the pitch with each other when someone made a mistake which led to a goal!

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, JoeH said:

Meh I disagree with "nowt". Has a better record than most ITK's I come across.

Where we are concerned, he’s a has been.

Edited by K-Hod

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

I can see both sides of the argument on this. You're right with what you say above but at the same time he wasn't particularly good either.

That said, I wouldn't have said he was particularly any worse than other dollopers we've had like Lowe and Evans. Maybe Evans isn't "Lowe Mark 2" maybe the latter 2 are "Andrews Marks 2 and  3" !

Was better than Lowe, Smallwood, Guthrie, Akpan, Williamson etc. Had he came in during the championship he would have been viewed on as an average player. As it was, he became  a symbol for the clubs decline from Tugay, Flitcroft, Bentley Reid to Andrews and the midfielders we have had subsequently.

Edited by Hasta
  • Like 2

As I said earlier I saw Atsu  play against Rochdale earlier this year. Magloire's the one to ask about him because Atsu ran him ragged for half an hour until Magloire was subbed and Matheson came on. Some players have that initial burst of speed over say 10 yards that gets them in the clear. Some players don't always have that but they're fast over say 50 yards. That's how a player can appear to be really fast but over 50 yards they can be getting caught by the longer striding players.

Atsu had a great half an hour in that game.  Every time he got the ball, which was often once Newcastle figured out he was the danger man. he made something happen. He laid on about 5 good chances of which Newcastle finally took one. He was quick and tricky. When they brought Matheson on he was up against somebody who was as quick if not quicker. He sort of faded out of the game then but so did most of the Newcastle team. Two things you've got to consider - this was against lower league opposition but he won't come up against somebody as quick as Matheson every week. Yedlin on the other wing looked a decent player also.

I suppose Magloire v Matheson is a good example of a quick player versus a fast player. Matheson would beat Magloire in a 20 yard dash all the time but over 50 yards it might be another story given Magloire's reputation.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Surely Newcastle would have told us this 4 weeks ago if we had asked. Same for Middlesbrough and Assombalonga last year. What have we been doing all this time?

To be fair, probably 3rd choice thinking we could bring in others first.

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Atsu is presumably a last minute panic idea having as usual drawn a blank elsewhere all month on our main targets.

• Like 1

• Moderation Lead

Lads/lasses, I know we are all excited as it’s deadline day, but if we are posting snippets of information, put some meat on the bones or don’t say anything, it’s dead annoying.

For example- don’t do this ‘I know something has happened, but I won’t say who was involved’. 

• Like 9

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

We wasn-t looking at him 4 weeks ago. 

Freeman would have been.ahead plus others 

On the bus arguing @simongarnerisgod I tell you what stop the bus unload the six and tell them to ring there wives to pick them up or get a cab home. That would sort it and they’d soon realise that’s the team mates they have. 

Call it a non Portuguese free non training bonding session. You run through walls for your colleagues in my department 

Edited by Scotland1
  • Like 1