BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

3 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

"We've played Stewart Downing at left-back - who's to say Charlie Mulgrew can't play left back and serve balls forward?" #Blackburn #Rovers manager Tony Mowbray reflects on the return of Charlie Mulgrew from Wigan. BBc Radio Lancashire.

Me. I should think most of the fanbase too, the ones with brains anyway. He'd be exposed like...well I came up with a few ways to finish that sentence but they were all a bit fucked up.

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Doesn't sound as though Fisher will get much game time at MK Dons from what I've read. Would have thought he might be better off going to League Two or somewhere that he'll be guaranteed 10-15 games before the season is out. Probably one of those "send him to experience the first team dressing room" type of moves. Not sure what good this is going to do for him and, consequently, us.

What have you read? I was going to ask if anyone knew what the likelihood of him breaking into their team was.

IMO we are absolutely clueless when it comes to finding good loan moves for our players. In fairness I consider this to have been true back in the Premier League days too.

18 minutes ago, K-Hod said:

Lads/lasses, I know we are all excited as it’s deadline day, but if we are posting snippets of information, put some meat on the bones or don’t say anything, it’s dead annoying.

For example- don’t do this ‘I know something has happened, but I won’t say who was involved’. 

Could we not have a different thread for links or rumours to be posted on? For us that just want to see them only not pages after pages of non related transfers gossip or news

10 minutes ago, JHRover said:

So he's a panic signing then? 

Even if we weren't looking at him earlier in the window, surely homework would have been done on his wage and the scope for Newcastle to budge on that.

With Mike Ashley running them he's not going to allow a loan where they pay most of his wage and he plays for us. 

When did Atsu become available for loan? Probably after they sign Danny Rose. 

7 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Given the quality or lack thereof of Walton and Leutwiler Id say that's a strange move.

Bit like loaning out Wharton and Magloire when we were already short on centre halves.

Well Hilton has been excellent for under 23's so we will be fine

Just now, bluebruce said:

What have you read? I was going to ask if anyone knew what the likelihood of him breaking into their team was.

IMO we are absolutely clueless when it comes to finding good loan moves for our players. In fairness I consider this to have been true back in the Premier League days too.

"Finding good loan moves for our prayers"

Well ultimately the moves are dictated by who wants them 

Just now, Dreams of 1995 said:

Mulgrew............................................at left back?????????????? The man turns like milk. If you are too slow to play centre half you can't play full back. This isn't fucking sunday league where you put your weakest players at full back.

He just seems to say whatever pops into his head.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

"We've played Stewart Downing at left-back - who's to say Charlie Mulgrew can't play left back and serve balls forward?" #Blackburn #Rovers manager Tony Mowbray reflects on the return of Charlie Mulgrew from Wigan. BBc Radio Lancashire.

Oh dear .

Like a new signing !

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, savage90 said:

We have really pushed all day. Some opportunities became available late in the day but we weren't able to get them over the line.

I genuinely think Tony thinks he can play Buckley and Rankin-Costello to cover the absence of Dack and Rothwell. 

I haven't been convinced  by Buckley, and won't be surprised if R-K struggles initially.

Unf, that 'initially' period is the 10 games that will define our season. 

I really like the way we are playing at the moment, but I think Rothwell was a big part of that....I assume Johnson will replace him and we'll revert to safety 1st.

That's why we needed a quality signing today....

Sigh...

27 minutes ago, Hasta said:

Was better than Lowe, Smallwood, Guthrie, Akpan, Williamson etc. Had he came in during the championship he would have been viewed on as an average player. As it was, he became  a symbol for the clubs decline from Tugay, Flitcroft, Bentley Reid to Andrews and the midfielders we have had subsequently.

Personally I wouldn'tt rate him better than any of those. 

23 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

it was before,they were waiting to board and it all kicked off,shoving and facing off with each other before tony told them all off

Come on we all wanted the back seat when we were at school.

Tony just said pecking order rules. 

2 minutes ago, Stuart said:

He just seems to say whatever pops into his head.

He does alright. He tries to be honest,but sometimes says head scratchers. The absolute best managers are very calculated in what they say. 

I do think though that on here people can read a page of an interview and pick the quotes that make him sound bad. 

Example , he said Boro have improved ,but that if we pay to our strengths we can get a result like against Wednesday.  So obviously people will only use the quite about them improving to make out he is getting excuses in,ignoring the rest of what he said. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

"Finding good loan moves for our prayers"

Well ultimately the moves are dictated by who wants them 

I knew somebody was going to chime in on that sentence with something like that.

If I decide to sell watermelons tomorrow, am I best just putting a sign on my door that says 'Buy watermelons here' and see who comes to me, or should I maybe be proactive about it and do some real marketing?

Point being you can actively promote your youngsters. Some clubs have a loans manager these days. Whilst we may not have the resources to put someone full time on that, it's hard to believe more can't be done with existing staff and contacts.

Other clubs operating at the same or lower youth levels than us seem to manage just fine!

We also have a problem of sanctioning loans that appear to be of zero benefit. Wharton can only learn so much from consecutive League Two loans. What was the point of, at the same time, sending Matty Platt, an inferior player to Wharton, to League One to sit on a bench? Fisher couldn't get into a League Two team, but now he will get into a League One team? Why send Tom White almost immediately back to the same semi pro level we got him from when he is like 22?

I don't care how anyone dresses it, we have one of the best u-23s sides in the country yet are crap at this.

• Like 5

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

He does alright. He tries to be honest,but sometimes says head scratchers. The absolute best managers are very calculated in what they say. 

I do think though that on here people can read a page of an interview and pick the quotes that make him sound bad. 

Example , he said Boro have improved ,but that if we pay to our strengths we can get a result like against Wednesday.  So obviously people will only use the quite about them improving to make out he is getting excuses in,ignoring the rest of what he said. 

Announcing you are a terrible negotiator is not doing 'alright'. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bluebruce said:

I knew somebody was going to chime in on that sentence with something like that.

If I decide to sell watermelons tomorrow, am I best just putting a sign on my door that says 'Buy watermelons here' and see who comes to me, or should I maybe be proactive about it and do some real marketing?

Point being you can actively promote your youngsters. Some clubs have a loans manager these days. Whilst we may not have the resources to put someone full time on that, it's hard to believe more can't be done with existing staff and contacts.

Other clubs operating at the same or lower youth levels than us seem to manage just fine!

We also have a problem of sanctioning loans that appear to be of zero benefit. Wharton can only learn so much from consecutive League Two loans. What was the point of, at the same time, sending Matty Platt, an inferior player to Wharton, to League One to sit on a bench? Fisher couldn't get into a League Two team, but now he will get into a League One team? Why send Tom White almost immediately back to the same semi pro level we got him from when he is like 22?

I don't care how anyone dresses it, we have one of the best u-23s sides in the country yet are crap at this.

If our players are so good and clubs below us operate so well, why aren't they trying to sign our players? 

Loan managers are for monitoring the loan while it's happening. 

Clubs below us know our players are available , so why won't they sign them? Maybe it's just the players aren't as good as we would like to think. 

I have no doubt we are sending them to play at the highest level we can. 

If your watermelons were the best, you wouldn't have to do much advertising! 

im`e p****d off that it does`nt appear we`ll be strengthening when we should be rallying for a play off spot,a few injuries and we are ******,this is like the 80`s,when we played well until christmas/january then fell away because we could`nt get reinforcements in to cover injuries,at least we had the excuse then that there was no money

47 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

just had a call from a very reliable source that mowbray got on the team bus last,having settled  what looked like a serious argument between at  least six of the squad,there was pushing,shoving and what looked like aggro before tony stepped in and settled issues with some stern finger wagging,no names disclosed as my source wants to remain undercover

It's been outed now that your mate is the bus driver aka Reg Varney (hopefully clubs and media outlets who allegedly read this board don't see Varney and link us with Luke).

5 minutes ago, CrouchingNunhiddenCucumber said:

Announcing you are a terrible negotiator is not doing 'alright'. 

I don't care what he says if we keep up this positive season. 

His dealings would suggest he isn't that bad. Maybe he was just being hard on himself. He doesn't need to do that, he should just log on here!