BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

4 minutes ago, bluebruce said:

Graeme Bailey says Bournemouth meant to want 'over 50 million' for King...so we can probably forget that one if true.

Yes but in summer when someone offers £30m we'll be laughing.

Just now, OnePhilT said:

Newcastle have released Ki Sung-yeung. Pretty sure a Championship club will be snapping him up at some point after today.

Maybe Fulham? He'll want £30-40,000pw

Well Bennett will be left midfield anyway as anyone signed today needed to be done by 12pm to play tomorrow.

1 minute ago, Tugayisgod said:

I think we all know the way this is heading. 

Benno it is then left midfield tomorrow?

Christ if King goes for £50m we'd be looking at £10m in sell on fees. Would allow for a big spending spree, but BIG emphasis on "allow for"...

Just now, CambridgeRover said:

As a question to the history guys out there, have Rovers ever had an Asian player?

At youth level for sure, they did that whole video package last season with the academy player from an Asian country which had floods or something and they raised money for him and he made a speech on the big screen at half time.

Just now, JoeH said:

Christ if King goes for £50m we'd be looking at £10m in sell on fees. Would allow for a big spending spree, but BIG emphasis on "allow for"...

Bournemouth have apparently tweeted that Man Ure have ended their pursuit of King. Hardly surprising given they were asking £50m.

Even if we did get a fortuitous £10m windfall out of this at some point in the future, would you want Mowbray spending it?

15 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

If our players are so good and clubs below us operate so well, why aren't they trying to sign our players? 

Loan managers are for monitoring the loan while it's happening. 

Clubs below us know our players are available , so why won't they sign them? Maybe it's just the players aren't as good as we would like to think. 

I have no doubt we are sending them to play at the highest level we can. 

If your watermelons were the best, you wouldn't have to do much advertising! 

Did you not get that he was talking about the need to be proactive? That we shouldn’t just sit around waiting for the phone to ring.

If the ethos is to just see who makes an enquiry then yes, we are sending them to the highest level we can.

But that is a failure and we are not getting the best out of our investment in youth by just ‘hoping for the best’ and getting lucky with a team coming in to help develop one of our potential stars of the future - or sources of income.

It’s just lazy.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Vilesinner said:

Personally I wouldn'tt rate him better than any of those. 

Game of opinions, but I seem to remember Andrews going on loan to Ipswich when we were still in the Prem and scoring a silly number of goals.

Goals aren't everything of course, but I think, but I think if we were to sign him now instead of when he looked like Ince's lapdog, he would've been seen very differently. 

• Like 2

Just now, Trinidad Rover said:

We won't be spending anything in the summer either - that was going to be funded by Dack's sale.

There has to be a chance now that Dack will walk on a free six months after returning from injury.

Wonder whose bright idea it was to only give him a deal until the end of next season?

• Like 1