BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

29 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

He does alright. He tries to be honest,but sometimes says head scratchers. The absolute best managers are very calculated in what they say. 

I do think though that on here people can read a page of an interview and pick the quotes that make him sound bad. 

Example , he said Boro have improved ,but that if we pay to our strengths we can get a result like against Wednesday.  So obviously people will only use the quite about them improving to make out he is getting excuses in,ignoring the rest of what he said. 

Come on. He doesn’t need any help in sounding bad. He’s not an inexperienced manager learning his trade, he has been around and comes across like he doesn’t know what he is doing. Not sure if it’s part of an act to make people take pity on him or what.

As long as he keeps winning football matches I don’t really care - although it is pretty embarrassing.

• Like 1

Just now, Stuart said:

Come on. He doesn’t need any help in sounding bad. He’s not an inexperienced manager learning his trade, he has been around and comes across like he doesn’t know what he is doing. Not sure if it’s part of an act to make people take pity on him or what.

As long as he keeps winning football matches I don’t really care - although it is pretty embarrassing.

I wouldn't be embarrassed. Outside of this board,no one notices. 

4 minutes ago, Admiral Nelsen said:

Game of opinions, but I seem to remember Andrews going on loan to Ipswich when we were still in the Prem and scoring a silly number of goals.

Goals aren't everything of course, but I think, but I think if we were to sign him now instead of when he looked like Ince's lapdog, he would've been seen very differently. 

Not that long ago a midfielder who runs towards the opposition box time and again would have been lauded. Pointing or no pointing.

What a surprise. Waggles and Mowbray couldn't run a bath, never mind a club. Just wait for the plethora of garbage about clubs asking for ridiculous amounts of money and waiting until summer and having to go forward with what we've got. Boring, no ambition and small time and all very predictable. 

• Like 5

59 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Is every signing today a panic signing therefore? 

No, not if they have been realistic targets throughout the window.

If we are only just going in for them because everyone else has turned us down and they aren't realistic then yes.

54 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Could we not have a different thread for links or rumours to be posted on? For us that just want to see them only not pages after pages of non related transfers gossip or news

When did Atsu become available for loan? Probably after they sign Danny Rose. 

Well Hilton has been excellent for under 23's so we will be fine

No idea when. Bit of a waste of time if they want his £30k weekly wage covering in full or most of it and we won't get above £10k per week.

I know the play offs were an unlikely target but surely we needed to push for them? 

We are without Evans and Dack for the season and we are relying on the likes of Bell and Williams in defence. 

The frustration is real,

Bloody Groundhog Day! 

7 minutes ago, Hi Mack said:

I know the play offs were an unlikely target but surely we needed to push for them? 

We are without Evans and Dack for the season and we are relying on the likes of Bell and Williams in defence. 

The frustration is real,

Bloody Groundhog Day! 

And Rothwell 

If we don't sign anyone, it's bad. No two ways about it. 

• Like 3

One thing seems to have gone away and that's signing bodies for bodies sake. Finally dawned it's better filling some squad places with your own youth.

Very disapointing again though that they never seem too bothered about trying to kick on.

Biggest annoyance for me though so far is not moving out some of our biggest wage stealers. I said at the time it should've been done in summer. Now we've to carry a few till the end of June and I don't believe for one min that isn't a hindrance.

• Like 2

To the people who can't stand comments from the likes of me: Close your eyes or be gentle.

Haven't heard from him for several hours but he just texted me:

"Outgoings: If so, you wouldn't bother

Incomings: Even I been told to wait in line, thats for certain a sign something unexpected WILL happen"

• Like 6

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

There has to be a chance now that Dack will walk on a free six months after returning from injury.

Wonder whose bright idea it was to only give him a deal until the end of next season?

There isn't. We have an option to extend it by 12 months. It's in our favour not the player's according to the LT.

10 minutes ago, DavidMailsTightPerm said:

If he isn't going to sign players that will immediately challenge for the first team - I wouldn't bother. Would much prefer to see some youngsters given the opportunity.

Same. We pissed away a great opportunity to do this last season when we were the first club to mathematically have nothing to play for, though, so I dunno how committed TM is to that mantra regardless what he says. But if we have no signings, push may come to shove anyway. You can be sure Benno is ahead of every up and comer for first backup option in any position though.

• Like 1