BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

Ok, well that's inexcusable in my opinion. No doubt one or more of the 2 CBs or Bell will get injured. 

Even allowing for the likes of JRC and Chapman, we are still light upfront. The defensive situation is , frankly, amazing to me. 

The loan market NEEDS TO BE USED. Not doing so at a minimum is baffling. 

Righteo. I'm sure others will have worse to say. 

Best of luck Chaddy. 

Sharpe reporting our business is done because we couldn’t agree terms with Atsu. 

Absolute disgrace not to make any signings to strengthen us for the run in. 

Cue the Mowbray excuses that we tried and players wanted too much. What a tiring facade. 

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Angry_Pirate said:

According to the SSN website tracker, we are the only club in the entire league not to have made a signing this month.

I... am... flabbergasted! 

And yet I expect we are one of the clubs who needed to the most.

With injuries to Dack, Evans and Rothwell, shocking at left back, paper thin resistance to injury problems in defence and a poor goalie. Not to mention the huge amount of contracts running out this summer.

It's unconscionable to not pick anyone up this month.

Edited by bluebruce

Just now, Kie_BRFC said:

Sharpe reporting our business is done because we couldn’t agree terms with Atsu. 

Absolute disgrace not to make any signings to strengthen us for the run in. 

Cue the Mowbray excuses that we tried and players wanted too much. What a tiring facade. 

Agree but what does business is done mean? There hasn't been any effing business 

• Like 2

We all knew that we wouldn't be signing anyone, maybe a loan at best.

Sounds like we've gone for Atsu and wages have kippered us.

We are on the cusp of breaching FFP rules and we aren't going to be in the playoffs anytime soon.

Without a reasonable sale, we weren't going to spending anything.

• Backroom

Three transfer windows in a row now (imo at least) where we've failed to strengthen where we need to strengthen and allowed the club to stagnate. 

Not only have we failed to bring in anybody in to boost the squad, but we've also failed to shift any deadwood. Not good at all.

At the very least we need to completely overhaul the transfer process and ideally take Mowbray and Venus out of it as they have proven to be incapable. Bring in a proper DoF and let them handle things. If Mowbray doesn't like it then tough shit, he knows where the door is. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 8

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Well you said 9 signings between now and next window. I think we both agreed 1-2 this window would help 

The reports are business is done

Hopefully not,but if it is...

Right. We see at 11pm. I said 7 to 9 signings. We see then..

I'm off out for Dinner

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

very surprised that none of the squad who arn`t getting picked for the 1st team hav`nt tried to force a move away,but thats our problem,to many journeymen content to pick up their wages

Does it really matter though? We have a wage cap. Whether they left or not is irrelevant. I don't see how it's a problem. It's not a case of us not being able to pay Atsus(for examples) wages, it's that we don't. Smallwood leaving wouldn't change that. 

If they want to stay, I see no major issue. 

What do you see as the issue?

Just now, Mr. E said:

Three cheers to all the happy clappers who do not see this failure as serious and still want to back TM. 

When you back mediocrity you recieve stagnation and relegation sooner rather than later. This is proven.

A very sad day for this club, not just for the transfer window failure, but the refusal to hold our manager to a higher standard.

Three cheers to all these doom chappers ?

59 minutes ago, Dave574 said:

To the people who can't stand comments from the likes of me: Close your eyes or be gentle.

Haven't heard from him for several hours but he just texted me:

"Outgoings: If so, you wouldn't bother

Incomings: Even I been told to wait in line, thats for certain a sign something unexpected WILL happen"

I would check your sources pal. 

• Like 3

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Three cheers to all these doom chappers ?

Surely even you can’t be happy we’re the only team in the league not to make a signing. Injuries to so many key players and we’ve left it till the last day to try and sign 1 premier league player on far too high wages that we could afford 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, DE. said:

Three transfer windows in a row now (imo at least) where we've failed to strengthen where we need to strengthen and allowed the club to stagnate. 

Not only have we failed to bring in anybody in to boost the squad, but we've also failed to shift any deadwood. Not good at all.

At the very least we need to completely overhaul the transfer process and ideally take Mowbray and Venus out of it as they have proven to be incapable. Bring in a proper DoF and let them handle things. If Mowbray doesn't like it then tough shit, he knows where the door is. 

I don't think the fringe players leaving mattered though, maybe I'm wrong. 

I think Mowbray is selective about who we sign, I suppose we do have a wage cap 

It's just piss poor that we couldn't even identify 1 player from the lower leagues or Europe that would be worth a punt. Very, very poor. 

• Like 3

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Does it really matter though? We have a wage cap. Whether they left or not is irrelevant. I don't see how it's a problem. It's not a case of us not being able to pay Atsus(for examples) wages, it's that we don't. Smallwood leaving wouldn't change that. 

If they want to stay, I see no major issue. 

What do you see as the issue?

Theyre taking up space on the wage bill that could be used on someone who will contribute to the success of the 1st team?