All true

4 minutes ago, Mellor Rover said:

Fuck all.

3 minutes ago, DE. said:

Nobody in. Nobody out.

Go back to work then eh ?? ?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 1864roverite said:

People wind themselves up so much on transfer deadline day, it’s the same old story!

Rovers cannot be blamed if players don’t want to move or when players move to another club when big money is agreed that means we get gazumped!

We have to play cute around ffp. If that means no signings so be it. Players don’t have to move out if they are contracted, it’s football. 

We are safe this season, there will be at least 6 players that will leave in summer. It’s probably then we take the next step forward whilst hoping the fans come back and join the club in the same effort striving to get promoted 

We aren't playing cute around FFP though, that's the whole problem. Everyone else is, and we are just taking it on the chin. Hell it doesn't even kick in for us until summer 2021 - proper recruitment and we could be promoted by then!!

I mean, in the however many years FFP has been running now, how many clubs have been punished by it? Some teams who gambled on the promotion successfully and received paltry fines. Birmingham with their points deduction that didn't tangibly harm them (and now they're spending again). Then that time that I think three of us (us, Forest and someone else) got embargoes but were still able to sign freebies and under certain conditions. An embargo doesn't even massively matter if you just spend the money wisely beforehand.

We are one of a very small clutch of clubs who haven't succeeded in playing cute around FFP. We must be the only club who harp on about it to the extent we do.

On your last point, why wait til summer to need to get 6 new players PLUS the ones we already need? We can't sign one player in a whole window, I hardly fancy our chances in the summer of signing the 9 that even permanently positive people like Chaddy think we need.

7 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If being 4 points off the top 6 after back to back wins and with 17 games remaining is 'destined for mid table' why do we bother?

If that position doesn't present an opportunity in the final run in nothing will. 

If we had owners who understood the division and football they might recognise that.

I completely agree but unfortunately we don’t cease opportunity and our actions in this window also show we don’t learn from our mistakes either ( see last season for details). 

We now enter the last 17 games thin on the ground without Dack and an injury away from the return of Mulgrew. So yes I feel mid table is were we will end because with an ounce of ambition we could do far better in a mediocre league.

4 minutes ago, alderson777 said:

You mean Venkys who have been funding the running of the club? If they weren't we wouldn't be here. 

Funding the club to the tune of -£180m. 

And if we weren't here whose fault would it be?

• Like 2

Just now, bluebruce said:

We aren't playing cute around FFP though, that's the whole problem. Everyone else is, and we are just taking it on the chin. Hell it doesn't even kick in for us until summer 2021 - proper recruitment and we could be promoted by then!!

I mean, in the however many years FFP has been running now, how many clubs have been punished by it? Some teams who gambled on the promotion successfully and received paltry fines. Birmingham with their points deduction that didn't tangibly harm them (and now they're spending again). Then that time that I think three of us (us, Forest and someone else) got embargoes but were still able to sign freebies and under certain conditions. An embargo doesn't even massively matter if you just spend the money wisely beforehand.

We are one of a very small clutch of clubs who haven't succeeded in playing cute around FFP. We must be the only club who harp on about it to the extent we do.

On your last point, why wait til summer to need to get 6 new players PLUS the ones we already need? We can't sign one player in a whole window, I hardly fancy our chances in the summer of signing the 9 that even permanently positive people like Chaddy think we need.

We’re not even trying to avoid FFP. It suits everyone at Ewood as an excuse for lack of progress.

We’re the only team in the league not to make a single signing.

6 minutes ago, alderson777 said:

You mean Venkys who have been funding the running of the club? If they weren't we wouldn't be here. 

No, I mean Venky’s who continue to run is into the ground. If they weren’t here we’d be solvent and likely in the Premier League.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Every club has navigated FFP. Other than Birmingham yet it didn't really do them any harm when they were punished.

Even they only lost points which didn't affect their playoff or relegation prospects.

15 minutes ago, JHRover said:

All it takes now is (heaven forbid) an injury to a CB and Mowbray moaning about injuries and promising signings in defence and we've gone full circle in 12 months.

Lenihan got injured last season the game after deadline day, our season ended soon after.

Lesson learned? Absolutely not!! 

• Like 3

Just now, Mercer said:

There can be absolutely no excuse.

Even within constraints you wheel and deal like we have seen so many Rovers' managers do in the past.

I think Waggott, Mowbray, Venus have demonstrated once again what poor, poor operators they are.  IMO, they, along with others like Lowe and Benson are nowhere near good enough for our our once great football club.  I think our club needs a complete clear out from top to bottom.  

Sadly, some supporters will be unable to see beyond, IMO, the smoke, mirrors, bullsh1t and b0ll0cks pervading Ewood and Brockhall.

Yes, all on damn good contracts so why rock the boat?

14 minutes ago, alderson777 said:

It's only fair to balance this out by saying to a very large extent they are just funding their own losses 

So much of their 180 million to date has flown straight through the club without touching the sides. And it still does, nearly every club outside the Prem requires outside funding of some sort anyway.

They've created their own money drain themselves. When with a bit more thought and care it could have been a nice hobby putting them in a good light and costing about half an n losses. Which surely could be written off like sponsorship and they could even have been actual benefactors !

Paying for their mistakes deserves some credit. Have the club and its fans just hung in the middle doesn't.

• Like 1

But its not funny anymore  when you lads won't  go down on match days anymore and ive shelled  out for 3 season tickets . Theres something sadly wrong the club his dieing in front  of us all ,TM has had a  couple of wins and everythings brilliant again . We've had  two bad injuries  and then Rothwell out for six weeks and TM still doesn't bring a player in. Its crap and soul destroying please TM leave the club its going nowhere under you . And to cap it off and Burnley buy a player on Transfer day, jesus how far has the club too fall before the penny drops

• Like 5

Some of the idiotic posts on here defending mowbray and venkys lack of ambition is the reason why the buffoon will still be here for the foreseeable.  Theres no ray of sunshine supporting rovers anymore,  just the same drab crap season after season. Mowbary is a big problem but venkys are the biggest

• Like 4