BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

On 04/09/2019 at 23:48, tomphil said:

The shopping list should be pretty much the same as its been for the past 3 years which says a lot.

Are defenders coming this time ?  Or the experienced commanding keeper ?

I'll confidently take a punt right now and say we'll sign no one ?

5th post of the thread. In September. 

No words needed

• Like 1

• Backroom
Just now, pjt said:

We had a pot to piss in.  Unfortunately we have already pissed, on two players played out of position. Not Venkys fault. Hard hat put on.

Considering the manager is their choice and they already watched him throw £7m down the toilet a year and a half ago I'm pretty sure they have to take some of the blame...

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m not bullish. It’s not my opinion it’s been the consensus among the players and staff for years. I don’t take any joy or upset either way. Just passing real info on.

How would the players know what Venky's would be prepared to spend ? Even Waggott only speaks to the owners once in a blue moon. I bet the players know about as much as we do!

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I’m not bullish. It’s not my opinion it’s been the consensus among the players and staff for years. I don’t take any joy or upset either way. Just passing real info on.

In fairness I'm sure Mowbray said he had money left over from his transfer budget in two of the recent windows. They were comments I was scratching my head at.

It is my belief that he operates with complete autonomy and his decisions are not questioned here or in India which is totally unhealthy for a professional football club.

Just now, Silas said:

That surely can't be what's irking you most tonight. 

Its not about tonight, its a permanent feature of the Board these days. Posts just disappear.

Its about the glaring inconsistencies from over-active Mods.

Back to topic, I'm as annoyed as anyone else that we are not progressing as we ought.

5 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

How would the players know what Venky's would be prepared to spend ? Even Waggott only speaks to the owners once in a blue moon. I bet the players know about as much as we do!

The players and staff talk about contract extensions, raises, budgets for the new analysis suite etc etc...the general feeling is that Venkys will always sign off the expenditure. No issues...

1 hour ago, Doaksie said:

Very reassuring line in there;

“If we don’t spend it then we will save it for the next window".

Happy days, we can look forward to that not happening again.

One day we will have the most enormous treasure chest! What league we'll be in is another question.

1 hour ago, OldEwoodBlue said:

few club employees / fake ITK posters about to go awol... reputations in tatters.

Tony Mowbray / HSH / Owen Coyle / SEM / Steve Kean / Kentaro / Venkys.

Same shit different day.

Seen this type of BS posted a couple of times today.

The few posters talking about people having their 'reputations in tatters' because seemingly no transfers have come off need to seriously get a sense of perspective. This is a transfer thread on a forum not a feckin trial by jury.

Wind your necks before you make yourselves sound any more foolish. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, arbitro said:

In fairness I'm sure Mowbray said he had money left over from his transfer budget in two of the recent windows. They were comments I was scratching my head at.

It is my belief that he operates with complete autonomy and his decisions are not questioned here or in India which is totally unhealthy for a professional football club.

He does have money to spend...and if he wants more he only has to ask them! That’s the point I’m making...and why I was asking questions re ffp

• Like 1

Just now, Paul Mani said:

He does have money to spend...and if he wants more he only has to ask them! That’s the point I’m making...and why I was asking questions re ffp

But surely if there were potential FFP issues the owners and Waggott would have pulled the plug financially and given him nothing. Something once again is massively amiss.

• Backroom
Just now, 47er said:

Its not about tonight, its a permanent feature of the Board these days. Posts just disappear.

Its about the glaring inconsistencies from over-active Mods.

Back to topic, I'm as annoyed as anyone else that we are not progressing as we ought.

Ooops, was just trying to lighten the mood. Can we park it for another time.

In terms of transfers, nobody can call us spoilt or overreacting, entitled fans.

This isn't just one window, it's pretty much 3 on the bounce with empty promises, false hope, and incompetent actions.

And most importantly, a complete failure to even partially address the glaringly obvious deficiencies in the match day team.

We've got every right to be thoroughly pissed off. 

5 minutes ago, yeti-dog said:

Seen this type of BS posted a couple of times today.

The few posters talking about people having their 'reputations in tatters' because seemingly no transfers have come off need to seriously get a sense of perspective. This is a transfer thread on a forum not a feckin trial by jury.

Wind your necks before you make yourselves sound any more foolish. 

I thought it was Tony who was naive ?

Sulk to yourself but don't ignore the facts. 

IMO Mowbray is a team manager. Our problems as a club go way beyond that. We have no recruitment/infrastructure it’s easy to blame TM but in all fairness considering his remit he’s doing above and beyond what should be expected. TM shouldn’t be a scape goat for this situation iMO it’s lack of investment and direction beyond his remit that is to blame. I can’t and won’t blame him for this and neither should fans in all consideration he is doing a fantastic job.. who would be in his shoes 

Edited by markhayhurst
  • Like 4

4 minutes ago, arbitro said:

But surely if there were potential FFP issues the owners and Waggott would have pulled the plug financially and given him nothing. Something once again is massively amiss.

I feel like it must be coming from Waggot. If they asked Venkys (who likely do no know or care about ffp), they’d prob just cough up.

I don’t blame them If we are so perilous. But I’d just like to know where we really stand with it. If anyone knows?

11 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

Then he's a rotten manager isn't he? Always supported by you though!

Make sense please.

Just now, 47er said:

Then he's a rotten manager isn't he? Always supported by you though!

Make sense please.

Grow up will you. No manager is going to refuse to spend money and risk getting the sack. I specifically asked what the situation is around ffp. 

• Like 1

What does me with Mowbray, is trying these rediculous moves when any kind of due diligence on these targets would tell us that we can't make afford the wages for the likes of Atsu etc.

He did the same with the GK situation in the summer, sold Raya early on then apparently tried for a few only to find out the fees/wages were too much, again, research on the targets would have told him this a lot earlier. We then ended up with an even less experienced keeper than Raya in on loan a week before the season starts.

No one can say with a straight face that there is any kind of transfer planning/strategy going on at this club?

Edited by MarkBRFC
  • Like 7

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

mark my words,as soon as we are mathematically safe from relegation tony will announce he`s going to walk away at the end of the season,it`s a scary thought who could be our next manager,would you trust that lot to make a sensible choice

Mowbray won't get a gig as good as this ever again in his career, not a chance he's walking away from it.

• Like 3