BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

2 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

mark my words,as soon as we are mathematically safe from relegation tony will announce he`s going to walk away at the end of the season,it`s a scary thought who could be our next manager,would you trust that lot to make a sensible choice

no chance he won't get another job like this, plus he's under no pressure the owners like him his mates the ceo and his other mate is now the dof

• Like 3

• Backroom
14 minutes ago, Paul Mani said:

I feel like it must be coming from Waggot. If they asked Venkys (who likely do no know or care about ffp), they’d prob just cough up.

I don’t blame them If we are so perilous. But I’d just like to know where we really stand with it. If anyone knows?

All we know for sure is that we're on the threshold, as per the last fans forum. It's obvious Venky's had no grip on the FFP situation a few years ago as they let us walk right into an embargo and then instigated a fire-sale of our squad to get back out, which we're really only just recovering from. My guess is that one of Waggott's tasks is handling FFP regulations in relation to transfers so that Venky's don't have to concern themselves with it. SG being bought for £5m seems to have used up any wiggle room we had in regards to budget/FFP, as since then it's been essentially one in one out with Raya's sale seeming to go mostly towards Tosin's loan fee/wages and Mulgrew's temporary departure allowing Cunningham to come in. 

No sales or loans out this window evidently means nobody can come in either. I imagine the Atsu nonsense was us trying to do a deal on the super cheap hoping Newcastle were desperate for him to get game time and were prepared to let us pay little to none of his wages to make it happen. Not too dissimilar to the derisory offer we put in for Reed when we tried to bring him back. 

Edited by DE.
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

mark my words,as soon as we are mathematically safe from relegation tony will announce he`s going to walk away at the end of the season,it`s a scary thought who could be our next manager,would you trust that lot to make a sensible choice

He does still live in Boro-land so I don't think it was ever his plan to stick around long long term. Praise Be!

I want a well paid job in the so called Rovers "Recruitment" Department. Must be the cushiest job in Britain.

Assuming nothing happens in the next hour, over the last two January windows we've brought in a total of one player who hasn't even started a game for us, making just two substitute appearances and who was here on loan before we brought him in permanently so we knew all about him.

We haven't even gone to the bother of shifting anyone out this time round either. Money for old rope. Ten years on and people are still taking advantage of Venky's it seems.

Just now, Husky said:

He does still live in Boro-land so I don't think it was ever his plan to stick around long long term. Praise Be!

he`s been in management a long time,all the time away does get stressful at a certain age,he does`nt need it anymore does he??look at him on the touchline,you can tell the job is becoming a chore,i was at his first game,away to burton,he was animated and enthusiastic,he just does`nt want it anymore

I’ve never ever been a fan of Mowbray. If he took us up I’d still want him out. He’s so far out his depth it’s unreal. His treatment to some players have been diabolical and spending 12 million on two of the worst strikers I’ve see says it all. Guys if we beat boro 10-0 on sat I’ll still want him out. 

• Like 4

Just trawling through all the comments tonight. Like many as a Season ticket holder and fan  im brassed off we aint took new blood onboard. Loans ..anything!

But also got me thinking  reading tonight ..just how many on this forum actually put money back into the club ? Even our foreign contingent  buy the I follow ..but so many screwing the club for not spending ? I get the feeling many on here don't .

Ah the expected meltdown is in full flow on here I see ?

I don't know why people get their expectations up, if you don't you don't get disappointed.

Just browsing through done deals and the only one that stands out as decent is Maddison to Hull, however he's not really on a par with Jarrod Bowen who's off so not so it's not really that good for them after all although they'll pocket a fair bit of cash.

• Like 1

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

Just trawling through all the comments tonight. Like many as a Season ticket holder and fan  im brassed off we aint took new blood onboard. Loans ..anything!

But also got me thinking  reading tonight ..just how many on this forum actually put money back into the club ? Even our foreign contingent  buy the I follow ..but so many screwing the club for not spending ? I get the feeling many on here don't .

considering the amount of money iv`e spent on matches at ewood since i started paying for myself at age 16 i must have spent a fortune,thats not including other stuff like shirts and merchandise,you can`t question my loyalty

• Like 2

Just now, HowieFive0 said:

I pay for 2 season tickets, but I think you are right look on the fb group how many ask for streams, I think we walking an FFP tightrope and Mulgrew coming back coupled with the failure to ship Samuel and Smallwood out has left no room in the budget. I'm not to disappointed as I sort of expected it, i'm happy enough if we get more game time for JRC and JB. I do think we should have brought a left back in that was critical for me

• Like 2

Just now, simongarnerisgod said:

considering the amount of money iv`e spent on matches at ewood since i started paying for myself at age 16 i must have spent a fortune,thats not including other stuff like shirts and merchandise,you can`t question my loyalty

Good lad ..thought you d be the first to  reply ...

2 minutes ago, Dave574 said:

Some say I bullshit some actually belive me. Now that only a huge surprise will see any incomings ive been given a explaination by my contact. The information wasn't wrong, things just change sometimes. First of all he was 100% right about Lamptey and the developement there in yesterdays posts (the story broke today) and earlier today I gave a explaination about the Atsu-case and a few hours later it broke on the LT.

What happened today? Many of these things I first got too now now, so don't shoot the messenger.

First of all, like it or not, no matter what Tony have said about funds, Rovers was 100% sure they would get rid of some players, so they could balance both number of players and wages.

Smallwood: Said no to a league one club early last week and was aiming for Sunderland who have shown interest a long time. A lot of people, including myself tought he turned them down today but it was actually Sunderland who suddently backed out of the deal. Why, I don't know.

Chapman: Was offered to a bunch of League one and two teams. League two couldn't afford wages and two League one clubs took the bate. BUT in a back-up role and Chapman then decided to stay.

Brereton: 4 (!) Clubs, none of them English, showed interest in a loan deal, nothing happened and don't know why.

Mulgrew: Seattle Sounders was more than interested as soon as he came back but couldn't match the wages. Mulgrew wanted Rovers to pay him the difference - Rovers said no. 

Incomings:

Lamptey: Was done deal, just some fees about reaching certain numbers of games. Negotiated for 2 weeks until Brighton came up with a insane bid.

Atsu: Was of a while ago when Newcastle played hard to get and wanted full payment of wages. When other clubs said no, just like us, Rovers revisited the deal today but offered to pay the exact same as the bid the last time(!?).

Matty Longstaff: We actually made a bid, Newcastle turned it down, said no chance. Tried to loan and negoiated but even the loan-fee ended up being too high.

Nice one for sharing the info.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, simongarnerisgod said:

Absolutely likewise. Forty years, and thousands spent, just not now under this regime. 

Edited by Proudtobeblue&white
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, BankEnd Rover said:

I’ve never ever been a fan of Mowbray. If he took us up I’d still want him out. He’s so far out his depth it’s unreal. His treatment to some players have been diabolical and spending 12 million on two of the worst strikers I’ve see says it all. Guys if we beat boro 10-0 on sat I’ll still want him out. 

So if he takes us from league 1 to the prem you think hes out of his depth give yourself a shake ( and I know technically he took us down but the damage was done by Coyle before hand)

• Like 1

• Backroom
3 minutes ago, Ossydave said:

Ah the expected meltdown is in full flow on here I see ?

I don't know why people get their expectations up, if you don't you don't get disappointed.

Just browsing through done deals and the only one that stands out as decent is Maddison to Hull, however he's not really on a par with Jarrod Bowen who's off so not so it's not really that good for them after all although they'll pocket a fair bit of cash.

Problem is mate we really needed some signings with Dack, Rothwell and Evans all being out for a while, not to mention the rebuilding job that's unquestionably going to be needed in the summer. I don't really care what other clubs are doing, I just know that we needed reinforcements and for the second January in a row we didn't get it. We're a Lenihan injury away from huge problems at the back alone, never mind how thin on the ground we are across the rest of the pitch.

We really have to hope some of the youngsters can step up, as I think we're going to need them now. 

5 minutes ago, Dave574 said:

Some say I bullshit some actually belive me. Now that only a huge surprise will see any incomings ive been given a explaination by my contact. The information wasn't wrong, things just change sometimes. First of all he was 100% right about Lamptey and the developement there in yesterdays posts (the story broke today) and earlier today I gave a explaination about the Atsu-case and a few hours later it broke on the LT.

What happened today? Many of these things I first got too know now, so don't shoot the messenger.

First of all, like it or not, no matter what Tony have said about funds, Rovers was 100% sure they would get rid of some players, so they could balance both number of players and wages.

Smallwood: Said no to a league one club early last week and was aiming for Sunderland who have shown interest a long time. A lot of people, including myself tought he turned them down today but it was actually Sunderland who suddently backed out of the deal. Why, I don't know.

Chapman: Was offered to a bunch of League one and two teams. League two couldn't afford wages and two League one clubs took the bate. BUT in a back-up role and Chapman then decided to stay.

Brereton: 4 (!) Clubs, none of them English, showed interest in a loan deal, nothing happened and don't know why.

Mulgrew: Seattle Sounders was more than interested as soon as he came back but couldn't match the wages. Mulgrew wanted Rovers to pay him the difference - Rovers said no. 

Incomings:

Lamptey: Was done deal, just some fees about reaching certain numbers of games. Negotiated for 2 weeks until Brighton came up with a insane bid.

Atsu: Was of a while ago when Newcastle played hard to get and wanted full payment of wages. When other clubs said no, just like us, Rovers revisited the deal today but offered to pay the exact same as the bid the last time(!?).

Matty Longstaff: We actually made a bid, Newcastle turned it down, said no chance. Tried to loan and negoiated but even the loan-fee ended up being too high.

Longstaff is completely out the blue, think they have high hopes for him though. Don’t think they would sell at all

1 hour ago, Paul Mani said:

@J*B you seem to have a pretty clear idea on ffp. How close are we to the limit? How will that effect the summer bearing in mind a third of the current player expenditure (wages) are set to be out of contract? Will be able to spend back up to that mark? Will sales be necessary?

If nothing else, this window shows that we are VERY concerned with FFP. Absolutely no way have Venkys completely ruled out any spending.

The other day you were confidently spouting the club were totally relaxed about FFP !

Face it lad you spout straight off the top of your head like most of us on here then do some u turns not long after. You either get fed spin then have to backtrack or, like most us again it's just your own assumptions.

6 minutes ago, Dave574 said:

What happened today? Many of these things I first got too know now, so don't shoot the messenger.

Incomings:

Sunderland signed a holding midfield player from QPR this week. Sounds like he had a bit more to offer than Smallwood.

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

The other day you were confidently spouting the club were totally relaxed about FFP !

Face it lad you spout straight off the top of your head like most of us on here then do some u turns not long after. You either get fed spin then have to backtrack or, like most us again it's just your own assumptions.

Yes he was talking nonsense as usual.

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Sunderland signed a holding midfield player from QPR this week. Sounds like he had a bit more to offer than Smallwood.

Youd have more to offer than smallwood.