BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

1 hour ago, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Can't argue with that. The frustration is those we know aren't  good enough - Bell, Bennett, Williams, Gallagher & Brereton (out wide) leutweiler etc keep taking first team positions or keeping the young guns off the bench.  I expect Mulgew will also be back on the bench when fit and it may be time to phase out Graham.   Needs a ruthless shift IMO but dont think TM has it in him.

I'd have no complaints blooding 5 or 6 of the younger lads consistently between now and the end of the season.   Even if we drop down the league, it will be a worthwhile thing to do.  I think most of the fanbase would get behind that.   As you say, we may reap the benefits in summer or at least cross off a couple of youth names. 

Plodding along with the above mentioned players as a strategy will get us nowhere.

I agree in Principal but think we should go with our strongest proven team whilst we are still within 6 points of playoffs if we are more than 6 points away then totally agree bring in the youngsters.

Well we didn't bring anyone in. Next step is do a risk analysis.

First XI has shown itself to be decent despite losing Dack and Cunningham (and Evans, but given our plethora of centre mids not too much of a loss).

We can probably handle one further injury/loss of form in centre mids (mad right?!), but every single other position is very fragile. Injuries to Walton (not because he is very good, but because Leut is so bad), Lenihan, Tosin, Nyambe, Bell (again more about lack of backup than his quality), Armstrong would all be huge blows. 

We've got to be really really lucky with injuries. Particularly if Armstrong, Lenihan or Tosin is taken out we are buggered. 

• Like 2

To be honest, I'm glad the likes of Brereton and Chapman haven't been shipped out on loan.  I hope they stumble across a run in the team in their proper positions - so we can give them a proper chance to fail. Currently, neither have had a fair run and both must be pretty low on confidence.  Wilcox and Pederson has stop/start beginnings, as have many others. So hopefully they can offer something pretty soon.

16 hours ago, Dave574 said:

Some say I bullshit some actually belive me. Now that only a huge surprise will see any incomings ive been given a explaination by my contact. The information wasn't wrong, things just change sometimes. First of all he was 100% right about Lamptey and the developement there in yesterdays posts (the story broke today) and earlier today I gave a explaination about the Atsu-case and a few hours later it broke on the LT.

What happened today? Many of these things I first got too know now, so don't shoot the messenger.

First of all, like it or not, no matter what Tony have said about funds, Rovers was 100% sure they would get rid of some players, so they could balance both number of players and wages.

Smallwood: Said no to a league one club early last week and was aiming for Sunderland who have shown interest a long time. A lot of people, including myself tought he turned them down today but it was actually Sunderland who suddently backed out of the deal. Why, I don't know.

Chapman: Was offered to a bunch of League one and two teams. League two couldn't afford wages and two League one clubs took the bate. BUT in a back-up role and Chapman then decided to stay.

Brereton: 4 (!) Clubs, none of them English, showed interest in a loan deal, nothing happened and don't know why.

Mulgrew: Seattle Sounders was more than interested as soon as he came back but couldn't match the wages. Mulgrew wanted Rovers to pay him the difference - Rovers said no. 

Incomings:

Lamptey: Was done deal, just some fees about reaching certain numbers of games. Negotiated for 2 weeks until Brighton came up with a insane bid.

Atsu: Was of a while ago when Newcastle played hard to get and wanted full payment of wages. When other clubs said no, just like us, Rovers revisited the deal today but offered to pay the exact same as the bid the last time(!?).

Matty Longstaff: We actually made a bid, Newcastle turned it down, said no chance. Tried to loan and negoiated but even the loan-fee ended up being too high.

Biggest load of bollocks I’ve ever heard!!

4 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

I disagree. I don’t think we can have many complaints about youth integration into our first team. Raya, Nuttall, Lenihan, Nyambe and Travis have all broken in and played. The first two were sold. That’s a pretty decent rate over a three year period where we needed to get back up and then consolidate in the Championship.

I agree with your point re increasing that rate now though. I would be looking to start JRC based on form and to be playing Buckley and Thompson as well as Davenport and Chapman off the bench. Get Butterworth some minutes once fit too. Let Hilton cover Walton and evening give him a run towards the end of the season if we’re out of the top 6 running and mathematically safe from relegation[?]

We need to know how many of these players are good enough as an absolute minimum. Unearth a star and we could get a big sale in the summer. Bellingham quoted at £30m. No reason a fantastic final part of the season can’t bring a chunky fee in for JRC or Buckley.

Suggested amendment for you, Paul.

2 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's more than just being in this "crap division " for me matey. It's the whole mess, the debt, the powerlessness, the alienation from the fans of the what used to be what I felt was my club, the lots of really dull football, the "doublespeak " from those supposedly in charge. It's the whole nine yards. You and I have seen us in this " crap division " before for decades but we never lost the faith, Rovers were our team even when we couldn't pay the electric bill. I could always paint a rosy picture of our future then even if it was pretty unrealistic, under the Chokers I can't.

One of the snags about coming on here the day after the curtains were drawn on the the transfer window is that you - I! - quickly use up your daily quota of ❤️ to say you 'like' a post.

So I just want to say I like this post of Tyrone's; imo it brilliantly captures the pre-Uncle Jack era.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, stinny1 said:

I was very gullible at frist with TM and Venkys  i thought  they would push the boat out this season and have a real go . I thought that if we where near the play offs they would just have a go  but  the Transfer window has come and gone and nothing happened . And i come too the opinion  that TM and Venkys  don't  want too move the club forward and the lack of ambition  is there for all too see . I will not be renewing  my season ticket next season because  i don't  want another  season of TM lies and Bennett , Bell ,Williams, Smallwood  stopping  the youngest  from coming through .   There so much work to do next season and i don't  think TM can get it done a Keeper , Left back and right back two Center halfs a Right winger a Stricker just too stand still . Travis , Dack, Nyambe will be sold in the summer  unfortunately and the money will just disappear  very sad

The question that keeps recurring to me in catching up on this thread is, "How much actual interest do the Venky's owners have in us?"

Obviously they can't love This Great Club Of Ours as much as we do; it's in our blood. But is there someone based in Pune whose job is to keep them up-to-date with what's going on in the Championship? And, who knows, keeping an eye on this Message Board?! Or do they rely on TM telling the them the truth on his occasional flights out there?

If the latter, then, sadly, I fear your optimism is misplaced, stinny1. If they're relying on cautious old Tony with his slowly-slowly approach, then they wouldn't see the need for pushing the boat out.

2 hours ago, Paul Mani said:

Ffs when are you and @Stuart going to realise that none of us are really that important. Neither are our opinions.

I don’t think messageboards are for you, Mani. Maybe YOU need to stop taking yourself so seriously. Messageboards are ALL about opinions. It doesn’t matter if those opinions are important or not.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, roverandout said:

Matty longstaff...hilarious 

Just telling what I was told.

Out of contract in the summer and huge potensial. Despite a bad window I actually think that bid (if true) shows ambition. Bit naive? Yes. But the worst you can get is a no.

2 hours ago, Steptoe87 said:

I’d like to know this source he is talking about must be rich sharpe I’m guessing talks as much shit as he does haha

I reckon you know Sharpe and have a better contact than me. Please enlighten us with your knowledge and wisdom regarding Rovers-rumours.

4 hours ago, 47er said:

We have been in this crap division for 10 years (is it?). Your talk of right this minute is so OTT.

That is what worries me. I can't remember a longer period without Rovers having " a right good go" at promotion from the second tier. God, we have never even been in contention.

All that debt and in the playoff positions for what- 15 minutes! 

Instead of bolstering this team to push on, the club has routinely wasted the key moments. Now, in the summer, we will have to rebuild again.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

I don’t think messageboards are for you, Mani. Maybe YOU need to stop taking yourself so seriously. Messageboards are ALL about opinions. It doesn’t matter if those opinions are important or not.

Awww 

24 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The way things are going with all our No 10 type players Dack-Rothwell-Holtby he'd be playing next week if we hadn't have let him leave !

Lest we get misty eyed, the time and space of League One made stars of Bennett, Smallwood and Bell and turned Dack into Messi.

Gladwin has found his level. Good luck to him.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

It's more than just being in this "crap division " for me matey. It's the whole mess, the debt, the powerlessness, the alienation from the fans of the what used to be what I felt was my club, the lots of really dull football, the "doublespeak " from those supposedly in charge. It's the whole nine yards. You and I have seen us in this " crap division " before for decades but we never lost the faith, Rovers were our team even when we couldn't pay the electric bill. I could always paint a rosy picture of our future then even if it was pretty unrealistic, under the Chokers I can't.

Summed it up there very well mate.

• Like 1