BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

2 minutes ago, Wegerleswiggle said:

Think the  lad from Korea will probably demand and get a higher wage elsewhere. Prodl good shout though. For me Carroll is a must. We are falling apart in midfield. 6 month contract to earn a longer one. 

I don't know that he's a must, but I don't know his game. Wiki describes him as a deep lying creative central midfielder. It isn't the deep lying role we need filling, for me. I'd still like to take a proper look at Davenport, and he couldn't even make the bench today. If injuries happened in CM, we even have Smallwood who is no great shakes and doesn't fulfil the creative part at all, but can fill in as a spoiler in a pinch.

It's the attacking roles we need sorting in midfield. LAM, CAM and RAM as FM would call it. A versatile, quality player who can fill those spots would be ideal.

Mind, transfermarkt shows him as playing LM and RM roles so maybe he could be wedged in there. Anybody seen much of him?

51 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mercer, that's your view so don't start patronising me cos it wont work. If that's your attitude please don't quote me or my posts anymore. 

Come on Chaddy I love you like the legend you are but let’s be fair you believe everything you read no matter who says it or where it comes from. ?‍♂️

33 minutes ago, Butty said:

Come on Chaddy I love you like the legend you are but let’s be fair you believe everything you read no matter who says it or where it comes from. ?‍♂️

It does, however, matter what they say. If they present the club, manager or players positively, they're 100% correct. If they cast them in a bad light at all, they are ignored at best, instantly wrong at worst.

Ryan Manning:

A) why would qpr sell at a ridiculously low price to a league rival

B why would he want to leave playing every week to come sit on the bench behind Amari Bell??

The more we hear about the transfer goings on at rovers the more amateur it sounds.

16 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

Ryan Manning:

A) why would qpr sell at a ridiculously low price to a league rival

B why would he want to leave playing every week to come sit on the bench behind Amari Bell??

The more we hear about the transfer goings on at rovers the more amateur it sounds.

Manning is out of contract in the summer and has only played 1 game in last 5 games. 

He would be good left back for us. 

Who says he wouldn't play? 

48 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Manning is out of contract in the summer and has only played 1 game in last 5 games. 

He would be good left back for us. 

Who says he wouldn't play? 

Mowbray said he was only buying people as backup, not to go into the team.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OJRovers said:

No,he didn't. He said we sign players for competition and to help the current squad out. Meaning they won't automatically take someone's place, but that they have a chance of doing so if things go well. 

I think that is fair enough. 

Also said it's likely any new signings wouldn't play this season as they need to learn the way we play and would have to get to the same intensity as our current lads.

He always says things like this though, I wouldn't pay much attention to it. He threw Tosin & Cunningham straight in, Holtby didn't have to wait too long either.

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

So, QPR don't play him and won't give him a new deal.  Why the feck would we want him.?

He's played 26 league games for QPR this season. He can play left back or centre midfield. He would be good signing for us. 

1 hour ago, OJRovers said:

He didn't. Competition for places he said. Plus we don't have any left backs on the books for next season.

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers line up Liverpool Curtis Jones for next season on loan

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10872690/liverpool-curtis-jonesloan-blackburn/

Mowbray did say he had a player line up in the January window but didnt happen due to their FA cup run. 

Now this would have been and maybe still will be albeit half a season to late a cracking loan.

21 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

Now this would have been and maybe still will be albeit half a season to late a cracking loan.

I agree. Was he the one Mowbray mention in the press as the player we would have sign but his club still in FA Cup..

13 minutes ago, CambridgeRover said:

"Meanwhile, Blackburn are ready to appoint ex-Leeds winger Bruno Ribeiro as their European scout." 

Hmmmm?

Not the one that was here. But played for Leeds and Sheff Utd..and managed Port Vale

11 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

Mowbray.

He said competition for places and improving the quality

Edited by chaddyrovers

5 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Rovers line up Liverpool Curtis Jones for next season on loan

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10872690/liverpool-curtis-jonesloan-blackburn/

Mowbray did say he had a player line up in the January window but didnt happen due to their FA cup run. 

To be fair, the fact that its from Alan Nixon means that we can write that one off. He looked good v Everton though.

We needed players right away. The window has sadly quashed any flicker of a top 6 hope.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Beanie01289 said:

If he is loaned out, it will be to a team who have roughly the same philosophy as Liverpool. High energy press, lots of movement in front of the midfield.   Under Mowbray we are the opposite of this.  In fact, in some games this season the lack of any energy/movement has been there for all to see. Probably  or decent european team.

Edited by Sparks Rover
  • Like 2

12 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

He said competition for places and improving the quality

Which doesn't mean he will play, plus the fact he likes players to sit on the bench and earn their place before playing them

11 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

To be fair, the fact that its from Alan Nixon means that we can write that one off. He looked good v Everton though.

We needed players right away. The window has sadly quashed any flicker of a top 6 hope.

You are very quick to anyone who link any player to Rovers are you? 

Well if we don't have flicker of top 6 hope? Might aswell give up all hope and moan after moan everything if that's the case. 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

You are very quick to anyone who link any player to Rovers are you? 

Well if we don't have flicker of top 6 hope? Might aswell give up all hope and moan after moan everything if that's the case. 

You are very quick to believe everything you read and harass journalists every waking hour of the day for any rumour that you can get to be fair.

A lack of necessary signings is a contributory factor to my prediction that the play offs are well away, had we made a few shrewd additions to eliminate the need to have the likes of Bell and Gallagher as guaranteed regulars in our side and bring in some added quality to boost us then maybe that could have changed but not to be.

Sadly, I was right to predict that the kitty was dry and that we wouldnt be able to bring anyone in and it proved to be true.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

You are very quick to believe everything you read and harass journalists every waking hour of the day for any rumour that you can get to be fair.

A lack of necessary signings is a contributory factor to my prediction that the play offs are well away, had we made a few shrewd additions to eliminate the need to have the likes of Bell and Gallagher as guaranteed regulars in our side and bring in some added quality to boost us then maybe that could have changed but not to be.

Sadly, I was right to predict that the kitty was dry and that we wouldnt be able to bring anyone in and it proved to be true.

How was the kitty dry when we were making bids for players Manning, Curtis, etc?.

I rather discuss potential signings or player links then go over the signing of Brereton or Gallagher time after time week after week. Or the appointment of head of European scouting and where we could target. 

Harass? Another lie Roversfan99. I just ask questions of certain journalists just like alot of Football fans. It beaten another discussion about Signing Gallagher again.