BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

10 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Such a consistent record of goals and assists in league 1 most championship clubs wasnt interested in him. And took him 2 and half years to move one. 

I rather listening to a chairman who knows the player personally and the interested clubs offered him wages wise than ever obsess over stats

For someone who started a topic called 'Walton stats' that's a strange thing to post. In fact the search function with you and stats as the filter would suggest that you yourself quite like more than the odd stat.

• Like 7

Just thought I'd post this into here. I dragged up four random players I could find that could potentially be available in the summer who I think are alright players. Decent Championship players at the least, if not "pretty" decent Championship players in my personal opinion.

People talk about us not being able to "break the bank" on players, but just look at a comparison of those four vs Sam Gallagher.... it's scary stuff. Almost like a 'look at what you could've won type scenario really - but nonetheless.

Add Ben Brereton, Bradley Johnson & a few other failed signings to this list and you've got even scarier reading. 

17153317_SamGallaghervsNewSigningPotentials.thumb.png.a75b26caf86539b0bec78f1d08083e34.png

On 08/02/2020 at 23:04, chaddyrovers said:

Peterborough Chairman on Maddison and his move

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/marcus-maddison-transfer-birmingham-city-17677007?fbclid=IwAR2wXEleODbv40G7kRaBsFHbTP1av72t-WHY_ki-M1f7iNXruoIzbeIaWLg

All about Money..so pleased we didn't sign him. Not the type of player you want in your squad

Lol Brian Dick.

I have a strong suspicion that MM has ripped jeans btw.

Not a Rovers player even without the attitude. Swans around waiting for the highlight reel chances, doesn’t track back, he’s a luxury not many can afford in this league.

Think what you want about their chairman - but no reason to doubt what he says. MM has reckoned he’s worth 15-20k p/w for a couple of years, not sure he is.

(Obviously if we’d actually signed him I’d be sucking Waggott off, mind)

• Like 3

2 hours ago, S8 & Blue said:

Lol Brian Dick.

I have a strong suspicion that MM has ripped jeans btw.

Not a Rovers player even without the attitude. Swans around waiting for the highlight reel chances, doesn’t track back, he’s a luxury not many can afford in this league.

Think what you want about their chairman - but no reason to doubt what he says. MM has reckoned he’s worth 15-20k p/w for a couple of years, not sure he is.

(Obviously if we’d actually signed him I’d be sucking Waggott off, mind)

I totally agree on no reason to doubt their Peterborough Chairman. He is very open and honest with their fanbase. 

no way is Marcus Maddison worth 15 to 20k. He never played at this level. 

His stats are very good but never been bought by a Championship club in that spell of good stats. Wonder why? must be 2 reasons, wage demands and player attitude. 

3 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I totally agree on no reason to doubt their Peterborough Chairman. He is very open and honest with their fanbase. 

His stats are very good but never been bought by a Championship club in that spell of good stats. Wonder why? must be 2 reasons, wage demands and player attitude. 

Stats don’t tell the full story either. Lad’s got quality but it’s hard to parachute in any League One “superstar” to a Champ squad if he doesn’t graft or isn’t a team player. 

Some players look worldies on MOTD

I mean, looking at Sam Gallagher’s stats you’d never think he was the best winger to ever grace the blue and white.

Won’t lose sleep over MM anyway

Edited by S8 & Blue
  • Like 1

Peterboroughs chairman is an absolute bell end to be fair. Everytime he was asked about him especially after they kept him he was bigging him up, saying he was a Championship player so everything he does is a PR exercise. We can only see how he does in this League but he would walk into our team. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I know you ignore me as I have different opinions to you sometimes ... but you really could be describing Bradley dack when he was at gills.  What did you think of dack and his brushes with the law ?

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Peterboroughs chairman is an absolute bell end to be fair. Everytime he was asked about him especially after they kept him he was bigging him up, saying he was a Championship player so everything he does is a PR exercise. We can only see how he does in this League but he would walk into our team. 

walk in our team ??? 

Never played at this level. 

No the Peterborough chairman is great and so open with his club fans. In his latest video he was blunt and honest about Maddison. So why has it taken Maddison 3 seasons to move up to Championship football if he that's good? After he told the Chairman that he want to move to Birmingham they agree a deal with the club but still turn it down to Wages demands according to Peterborough chairman. Do you have anything that can dispute the Peterborough chairman comments that they aren't true? 

17 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

walk in our team ??? 

I don't know if Maddison would walk into our team but the fact that he has never played at this level does not automatically mean he would not. There are plenty of players who have gone from league 1 and managed to step straight up to the Championship.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

I don't know if Maddison would walk into our team but the fact that he has never played at this level does not automatically mean he would not. There are plenty of players who have gone from league 1 and managed to step straight up to the Championship.

Exactly , players develop.  I’m not sure hull will be much good to Maddison though 

• Backroom
2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

walk in our team ??? 

In fairness considering we're having to resort to playing JRC out of position in the Dack role he probably would be straight into the side at present purely due to injuries. Granted Mowbray normally has an incubation period for new signings but I get the feeling much like Cunningham earlier in the season he may have had to adopt a 'needs must' approach with Maddison with Dack, Holtby and Rothwell all on the sidelines.

Edited by DE.
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, DE. said:

In fairness considering we're having to resort to playing JRC out of position in the Dack role he probably would be straight into the side at present purely due to injuries. Granted Mowbray normally has an incubation period for new signings but I get the feeling much like Cunningham earlier in the season he may have had to adopt a 'needs must' approach with Maddison with Dack, Holtby and Rothwell all on the sidelines.

Well we had 3 number 10 players injured.

I wouldn't have signed Maddison for the reasons already outlined earlier. 

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

walk in our team ??? 

At £2.5M a far more realistic gamble than Brereton at £7M!!

In my opinion, hardly a gamble at all whereas Brereton was a reckless gamble which has failed miserably.

A club like our's should be looking at the best players in League One.

Dack hadn't played in the Championship either, I take it you're happy with that signing?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, 47er said:

At £2.5M a far more realistic gamble than Brereton at £7M!!

In my opinion, hardly a gamble at all whereas Brereton was a reckless gamble which has failed miserably.

A club like our's should be looking at the best players in League One.

Dack hadn't played in the Championship either, I take it you're happy with that signing?

Reckless-exactly. I just don't get it.

I can't help but think other factors-darker forces even- might have been at work...

I said at the time that it was the oddest transfer I could ever remember, so "yes" dark forces must be a factor to consider.

In which case, no lessons have been learned (contrary to views expressed on here) and we are in as much strife as ever as a club.

Particularly as the debt continues to climb.

• Backroom

I don't think the Brereton transfer is necessarily as strange as is sometimes made out. Obviously £7m for a youngster with potential is practically unheard of for a club at our level and with our finances, however there is some logic behind it. Young, English and in the current climate would go for a lot more than what we paid if the transfer worked out in any way. Obviously thus far it has not and signs are that it never will. 

I doubt Mowbray was the primary force behind signing Brereton, but I'm sure he had the final say in whether the signing went ahead or not, which puts the responsibility solely on his shoulders. I don't think Brereton was "forced" on Mowbray although perhaps was encouraged by certain parties (if Mowbray and Brereton's agent is the same, as I'm sure I read somewhere on here, then the link there is obvious enough). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DE. said:

I don't think the Brereton transfer is necessarily as strange as is sometimes made out. Obviously £7m for a youngster with potential is practically unheard of for a club at our level and with our finances, however there is some logic behind it. Young, English and in the current climate would go for a lot more than what we paid if the transfer worked

It was a reckless gamble and therefore very strange, especially given the parsimony under which the club usually operates.

Edited by 47er
  • Like 1

MM obviously believes he is worth more and he isnt young anymore at 26. Probably got two or three contracts left and so obviously wants them to be decent enough to compensate the probably 'poor' contracts he has received thus far in his career. As it has turned out, a loan is probably his best bet as if he performs, there is a good chance he might finally get that contract that he craves once his current deal expires in the summer.

At the end of the day, if a club feels he is worth it, they will offer it. I strongly believe that MM is the 'ripped jeans' guy after our promotion.