BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

January transfer window 2020

20 minutes ago, JacknOry said:

Where did Coventry come from as well? They have three games in hand over Peterborough.

They've got a decent striker in Matt Godden. He's been scoring some important goals for them. Funnily enough, they signed him from Peterborough.

Edited by RoverKyle
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Downing for 2 years probably

Maybe but they've been sniffing around Maddison a while. Personally i think it was Bauer he cooled on once they became aware Downing was coming free and was interested.

Much more likely to be Brereton and or Gallagher.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray has had discussions with Marcus Maddison but he and the club decided to go down different route. 

https://www.lancs.live/sport/football/football-news/tony-mowbray-reveals-blackburn-rovers-17725305.amp?__twitter_impression=true

"He does bring you goals and assists, undoubtedly, but we chose a different option over that type of player, as it was what we were looking for at the time."

Soooo, we wanted a player who doesn't bring you goals and assists, instead. Nice one. Mission accomplished, at least.

• Like 7

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

"He does bring you goals and assists, undoubtedly, but we chose a different option over that type of player, as it was what we were looking for at the time."

Soooo, we wanted a player who doesn't bring you goals and assists, instead. Nice one. Mission accomplished, at least.

Well depends who we signed instead and when we look.to sign him. Sound like 18 months ago to be fair. 

1 hour ago, bluebruce said:

Nothing wrong with that statement - if we were looking to bring in a keeper, a defender or defensive mid. Pity we got nothing though! (And my word I hope that is what TM meant, otherwise you really start to worry.) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Blue blood said:

Nothing wrong with that statement - if we were looking to bring in a keeper, a defender or defensive mid. Pity we got nothing though! (And my word I hope that is what TM meant, otherwise you really start to worry.) 

“ but we chose 2 non scoring strikers as a different option as that’s what we were looking for at the time “

another classic from the Mowbray library of unfathomable and completely bizarre comments . Just one place below “ we had too much possession “.

Motor mouth .

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tomphil said:

Maybe but they've been sniffing around Maddison a while. Personally i think it was Bauer he cooled on once they became aware Downing was coming free 

He didn't cool on Bauer, exactly the opposite happened.   Mowbray and Waggot come across to young lads as knobs   I didn't know about maddison but I know that we have  had trouble getting deals done because of it.....

I don't often  agree with Chaddy but a sporting director or someone like that doing the selling and we might have better players coming in.  Someone like Tugay, might know a few young Turks.

Edited by Sparks Rover

9 minutes ago, Sparks Rover said:

He didn't cool on Bauer, exactly the opposite happened.   Mowbray and Waggot come across to young lads as knobs   I didn't know about maddison but I know that we have  had trouble getting deals done because of it.....

I don't often  agree with Chaddy but a sporting director or someone like that doing the selling and we might have better players coming in.  Someone like Tugay, might know a few young Turks.

What young players? possible signings? Any names? 

Edited by chaddyrovers

7 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

The way I've heard it is they were all over it for a while then suddenly went cold.

That tallied with the same time Downings name first appeared in the press. 

Then there was the alleged asking for 40k pwk from one side and the other saying you're coming initially as back up.

I think it's fair to say negotiations broke down. Rovers 'went down another route' which TM often seems to do. 

Edited by tomphil

2 hours ago, rog of the rovers said:

I thought Maddison looked awful on Tuesday night.

Gave the ball away so many times, maybe he was trying too hard, but didn't look good enough for us (admittedly based on one appearance).

Pretty much none of those Hull players looked good enough for us. When I noticed him, he did ok, but I was paying a lot more attention to us. Hull site gave him the same score as all but one of their attacking players, a 5. Apparently he shone against Reading though.

He is adapting to a new league and a new team, who themselves are adapting to losing their two best attackers. It's bound to take him a bit of time. I've seen plenty of cracking players have poor games against us. Hell under TM he wouldn't even play for the first month or two to 'learn how we play' (if we didn't have an injury crisis). Time will tell if he is up to the league and whether we fucked up by not getting him. But hindsight is great like that. On paper he was well worth a punt, however it turns out.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Moderation Lead
1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Remember some of you were saying we should sign Pedesen? 

https://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/18279453.rovers-favourite-pedersen-finds-new-club-tromso-exit/ 

He has ended up in the Norwegian 3rd division. 

No, but probably because they didn’t?

Edited by K-Hod
  • Like 1

• Moderation Lead
4 minutes ago, Feed the Yak said:

They did though. ?

Honestly, felt like it was maybe because of the example he set, or people reminiscing. 
Can’t imagine anyone would have said anything along the lines of ‘you know who’d improve our team? MGP’.